Huckabee defends gay conversion therapy, warns gay rights will outlaw Christianity: ‘God Help Us All’Thursday, April 23, 2015Mike Huckabee has let loose with a litany of falsehoods about how marriage equality will lead to the “criminalization of Christianity," and went on to defend ex-gay therapy, saying government is barring chaplains from advocating against…
- Monday, April 13, 2015A judge's decision to dismiss a lawsuit challenging New Jersey's ban on gay conversion therapy was upheld Monday by a federal appeals court.
- Friday, April 10, 2015There have been several setbacks this year for a state-by-state campaign to ban so-called conversion therapy for LGBT youth. But the White House is now officially an ally, and activists are hopeful of long-term success as…
- Friday, April 10, 2015The Washington state House of Representatives has passed a bill to prohibit therapy intended aimed at changing the sexual orientation or gender identity of LGBT youth.
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015The move comes in response to an online petition posted on the White House website following the death of 17-year-old Leelah Alcorn. The transgender teen committed suicide in December and left behind writings mentioning religious therapy.
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015A bill to ban conversion therapy for LGBT youth in Colorado has been rejected by Republicans that control the state Senate.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015The bill now heads to the GOP-controlled House, where it will likely be declared dead amid strong opposition from Christian conservatives.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015The bill would make it illegal for social workers or licensed mental health professionals such as psychologists or psychiatrists to practice the therapy on children younger than 18.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015The bill will now be considered by the Senate, where its chances are less clear. That chamber is controlled by Republicans.
- Monday, March 9, 2015A final vote this week could send the proposal to the more conservative state Senate, where its chances are less clear.