Scott Lively (b. Dec. 14, 1957), is an activist noted for his opposition to LGBT rights and his involvement in the ex-gay movement. He is the president of Abiding Truth Ministries, a conservative Christian organization located in Temecula, California, and the former state director of the California branch of the American Family Association. Lively has called for the criminalization of “the public advocacy of homosexuality” as far back as 2007, and is being sued in U.S. federal court by a Ugandan Ugandan LGBTI advocacy organization for his alleged role in influencing anti-gay laws in Uganda and the persecution of LGBT people in that country.
On Feb. 21, 2014, Lively and fellow anti-gay activist Peter LaBarbera announced formation of the Coalition for Family Values aimed at persuading more countries around the world to follow Russia’s example in passing laws that restrict gay rights.
- Thursday, April 7, 2016On The Day of Silence, students take a vow of silence in solidarity with closeted and bullied LGBTQ youth.
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016"The Antichrist is going to appear on the scene," he says.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015"I’m actually a little surprised they moved so fast into transgenderism when they still haven’t finished mopping up on just simple homosexuality."
- Tuesday, August 4, 2015Scott Lively thinks gay people have "turned United States centuries-old American values upside down."
- Friday, May 8, 2015As marriage equality has advanced around the country, and the U.S. Supreme Court is set to rule on the issue in June, threatening language is escalating on the Christian Right.
- Monday, March 9, 2015America is about to cross “a line with God that hasn’t occurred in the entire history of the world since Noah’s flood."
- Friday, February 6, 2015Faith 2 Action’s Janet Porter has announced she editing a new anti-gay documentary she plans to release at the National Religious Broadcaster’s Convention in Nashville later this month.
- Monday, December 8, 2014A federal appeals court has rejected a petition by anti-gay activist Scott Lively to dismiss a complaint that alleges he violated U.S. law by influencing the laws of Uganda.
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014Scott Lively, an activist notorious for pushing anti-gay policies in countries like Uganda and Russia, appeared on “Trunews” on Monday, where he told host Rick Wiles that gay rights and the growing acceptance of homosexuality are…