Miami is a city located on the Atlantic coast in southeastern Florida and the county seat of Miami-Dade County. The 42nd largest city proper in the United States, with a population of 413,892, it is the principal, central, and most populous city of the Miami metropolitan area, and the most populous metropolis in the Southeastern United States. According to the U.S. Census Bureau (2012 estimate), Miami’s metro area is the eighth most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 5.5 million. [ Wikipedia ]
- Friday, April 1, 2016Over a dozen bystanders snickered, but no one did anything.
- Tuesday, March 29, 2016The rapper will be a special guest at the eighth annual Miami Beach Gay Pride.
- Sunday, April 12, 2015Andras Janos Vass, 25, faces a minimum of 21 years behind bars and a maximum of 155 years in prison after a Miami jury convicted him late Thursday of human trafficking and racketeering.
- Thursday, January 8, 2015Archbishop Thomas Wenski said that conduct inconsistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church could lead to disciplinary action, including termination, even if it occurs outside the normal working day.
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015Almost 1,400 gay and lesbian couples were issued marriage licenses in 28 of Florida's most-populous counties in the two days since a ban on same-sex marriage was lifted.
- Monday, January 5, 2015Lesbian and gay couples were wed in Miami on Monday by the same judge who approved their marriage licenses, hours before Florida's coming-out party as the nation's 36th state where same-sex marriages are now legal statewide.
- Friday, December 26, 2014The court ruled that a same-sex couple married in Iowa cannot get a divorce in Florida in a case that did not challenge the state's ban on same-sex marriage.
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014MIAMI -- The Miami-Dade County Commission on Tuesday voted to amend its existing Human Rights Ordinance to prohibit discrimination in housing, public accommodations and employment on the basis of gender identity and gender expression. The…
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014MIAMI -- The Miami-Dade County Commission is set to vote on an ordinance that would ban discrimination against transgender men and women. The commission is expected to vote Tuesday on the measure that would expand the…
- Friday, October 3, 2014MIAMI -- Three Hungarian nationals are facing sex trafficking charges after authorities say they lured young gay Hungarian men to South Florida and forced them into prostitution. WTVJ-TV reports that the suspected ringleaders — Gabor Acs,…