- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe told a Chinese TV interviewer that he resents Western international aid because it always depends on conditions such as accepting homosexuality. The Telegraph reports that Mugabe praised Beijing for being “very constructive”…
- Friday, April 18, 2014HARARE, Zimbabwe — Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe on Friday threatened to expel foreign diplomats who try to promote gay rights in the southern African country.
- Friday, February 28, 2014HARARE, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe’s LGBT community is celebrating a court victory in which authorities sought to shut down the country's main LGBT rights advocacy group.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2013HARARE, Zimbabwe — And the winner is ... Ezmerald Kim Kardashian. That was the stage name for a young man who won the title of Miss Jacaranda at a drag queen pageant in Zimbabwe.
- Tuesday, August 6, 2013HARARE, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe’s LGBT community remains in fear following the re-election of President Robert Mugabe, who pledged during campaign rallies to impose tighter anti-gay legislation and called for gays to be jailed or beheaded.
- Friday, July 26, 2013MUTARE, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe stepped up his campaign against LGBT Zimbabweans during an election rally of his Zanu PF party supporters in Mutare this week, calling for the beheading of gays.
- Sunday, July 7, 2013HARARE, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe on Friday threatened to jail gays and lesbians for failing to conceive an offspring as he launched his party’s campaign for this month’s general election.
- Monday, June 17, 2013HARARE, Zimbabwe -- Zimbabwe’s president Robert Mugabe on Sunday pledged to strengthen penalties against gays and lesbians if his Zanu PF party wins the upcoming elections.
- Friday, May 18, 2012HARARA, Zimbabwe -- Local Government Minister Ignatius Chombo has urged traditional chiefs to banish "people who support homosexuality" from their communities and take away their land.