This former ‘exgay’ leader realized she was doing more harm than good. She’s now officiating same-sex weddings.Friday, January 8, 2016For years, Wendy Gritter led the ex-gay ministry New Direction -- and her mission in life was to "cure" gay people. Not anymore.
- Thursday, January 15, 2015Former anti-gay activist and conversion therapy proponent Randy Thomas, who once served as vice-president of the now defunct "ex-gay" therapy group Exodus International, has come out as gay.
- Wednesday, November 19, 2014John Smid, the former Executive Director of Love in Action — an ex-gay Christian ministry that purported to “restore those trapped” in homosexuality — has married his same-sex partner in Oklahoma.
- Saturday, June 28, 2014I first became aware that I was gay at a time when it was considered a sin, a sickness, and a crime. During elementary and junior high, I was regularly bullied and beaten by boys who…
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013Exodus International, the nation's oldest and largest Christian ministry devoted to performing controversial gay-to-straight “reparative therapy,” announced Wednesday night that it is shuttering its operations after more than three decades.
- Saturday, April 27, 2013John Paulk, the former chairman of Exodus International, a Christian ministry devoted to performing controversial gay-to-straight “reparative therapy” has formally renounced his past and says he is “truly, truly sorry" for the pain he's caused by…
- Thursday, March 14, 2013Fast-food chain Chick-fil-A — embroiled in a controversy last year surrounding the millions of dollars it donated in 2009 and 2010 to anti-gay organizations — almost doubled it’s charitable donations to anti-gay groups in 2011, according…
- Saturday, May 5, 2012In this video story from "I'm from Driftwood," Robbie Maris tells that, after coming out to his religiously conservative parents, he was sent to “ex-gay” ministry, Exodus International.
- Tuesday, December 20, 2011The ‘ex-gay’ religious movement has expanded beyond its American origins throughout the world. Now the same lies pushed by the same American "ex-gay" propagandists are finding an audience in the Caribbean.