Tuesday, March 18, 2014NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee's governor is asking a federal judge to put her ruling requiring the state to recognize the marriages of three same-sex couples on hold while a higher court weighs in on the case.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee's controversial "Don't Say Gay" bill -- a measure that would limit all sexually related instruction to “natural human reproduction science” in kindergarten through eighth grade -- was again delayed on Tuesday by…
Wednesday, August 3, 2011Tennessee State Representative Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) is defending his "Don't Say Gay" bill from recent criticism by Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam on Monday signed into law a bill that would prohibit local governments from creating anti-discrimination laws that are stricter than protections laid out by the state government.
- This city employee is in trouble after running a gay prostitution service from his office
- Indiana lawmakers face deadline to keep gay rights bill alive
- Critics: Utah bill favoring heterosexual parents in adoptions is 'unconstitutional'
- Utah proposal would protect LGBTQ people from hate crimes
- High school students wear 'Straight Pride' signs to protest Gay-Straight Alliance