- Thursday, April 28, 2016The new law allows mental health counselors to refuse to treat patients based on the therapist's religious or personal beliefs.
- Thursday, April 7, 2016The bill wants public school students to be required to use restrooms that match their sex at birth.
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee's governor is asking a federal judge to put her ruling requiring the state to recognize the marriages of three same-sex couples on hold while a higher court weighs in on the case.
- Tuesday, March 13, 2012NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee's controversial "Don't Say Gay" bill -- a measure that would limit all sexually related instruction to “natural human reproduction science” in kindergarten through eighth grade -- was again delayed on Tuesday by…
- Wednesday, August 3, 2011Tennessee State Representative Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) is defending his "Don't Say Gay" bill from recent criticism by Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam.
- Tuesday, May 24, 2011Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam on Monday signed into law a bill that would prohibit local governments from creating anti-discrimination laws that are stricter than protections laid out by the state government.