Fox News commentator Tomi Lahren has been vociferous in her support for President Trump’s capricious ban on transgender service members. She’s also compared the Black Lives Matter movement to the KKK. But now she’s tackling an even more formidable strawman: Tide pods.
The would-be next blonde conservative darling warns listeners in a digital video that the supposed wave of teenagers eating the laundry detergent is all the result of, you guessed it, liberal politics – and Beyoncé.
“I know what you’re thinking: The Tide Pod challenge couldn’t possibly be political, could it? Actually, yes, it is. It’s just the latest symptom of a larger problem ― the breakdown of the American family. It’s what happens when kids aren’t taught boundaries, respect, consequences or logic,” she says.
“The left, which dictates popular culture, brainwashes young people into believing they live in a world where 64 gender options are up for selection, everything is free, Beyonce is a God queen, and eating detergent is funny. Americans ― we are better than this. Put down the soap, kids, and get a job.”
Tomi Lahren sounds off on the "pathetic" Tide Pod Challenge: "It’s just the latest symptom of a larger problem – the breakdown of the American family. It’s what happens when kids aren’t taught boundaries, respect, consequences or logic." More Final Thoughts: http://insider.foxnews.com/tomi-lahren-final-thoughts
Posted by Fox News Insider on Friday, January 26, 2018
As a reminder, here’s a quick rundown of Lahren’s greatest anti-LGBT hits:
- Supported President Trump’s ban on transgender Americans serving openly in the U.S. Military: “The military is not a social experiment. Finally a POTUS who understands the concept. Political correctness=intellectual dishonesty!”
- Claimed liberals don’t have an actual argument to support transgender service members; adds that people only support it because it “feels right.”
- Said Trump’s repeal of Obama transgender guidance did nothing more than “return America’s taxpayer funded bathrooms and locker rooms to normal.”
- Went after and deadnamed Chelsea Manning by saying, “trans traitor Chelsea Bradley Manning,” and “him—well I guess her now.”
Other Anti-LGBTQ Comments
- Criticized pride parade marchers for engaging in resistance against the Trump Administration, filled with untruths about the administration’s supposed support for LGBTQ people.
- Lashed out at President Obama’s last State of the Union address, because “he had to throw gay marriage in there. Of course.”