- Friday, November 27, 2015Congressman Sean Patrick Maloney caught flak for defending Syrian refugees -- then voting to put new restrictions on accepting refugees from Syria and Iraq.
- Sunday, April 26, 2015U.S. Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) is banding with other lawmakers to introduce a resolution seeking to protect LGBT Americans from discrimination under federal law as religious objection bills in other states have prompted protests.
- Sunday, March 22, 2015The Idaho state House on Friday voted in favor of a non-binding resolution calling on the U.S. Congress to impeach federal judges who rule in favor of same-sex marriage.
- Thursday, March 19, 2015The measures, known as disapproval resolutions, could in theory halt local laws passed last year by the D.C. Council and signed by the city’s mayor.
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015The congressional caucus that aims to advance LGBT issues made public its membership for the 114th Congress, and the size of the group is not even half of what it was in its previous iteration.
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015The highest profile openly gay member of Congress retired in 2013 after 32 years, leaving a legacy of legislation on financial reform as well as changes in perceptions and laws about homosexuality.
(Los Angeles Times)
- Monday, February 16, 2015An Idaho state lawmaker upset with federal judges who have overturned same-sex marriage bans across the nation is proposing that the U.S. Congress impeach judges who "fail to uphold" the U.S. Constitution.
- Friday, January 30, 2015The International Human Rights Defense Act would appoint a special envoy within the U.S. Department of State to coordinate efforts to prevent discrimination and advance the rights of LGBT people worldwide.
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015Democratic lawmakers kicked off the 114th Congress on Tuesday by reintroducing the Respect for Marriage Act, a bill that would fully repeal the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Monday, December 15, 2014Eighty congressional lawmakers sent a letter Monday to Secretary of Health and Human Services Sylvia Burwell, calling for the Department to replace the FDA's lifetime ban on blood donations from men who have sex with men…