- Thursday, May 7, 2015Just days after Cameron Langrell announced to friends and classmates online that she identified as a transgender girl, the 15-year-old took her own life.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015The death of a troubled transgender teenager who begged people to fix society has been deemed a suicide.
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015Friends and community members on Tuesday mourned the passing of a Charlotte, N.C., transgender youth activist, Blake Brockington, who died as the result of suicide overnight.
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Local LGBT community leaders in Charlotte, N.C., are responding with messages of support and encouragement, following the death Thursday of a transgender student. Ash Haffner, 16, died by suicide on Thursday.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015Another transgender teen has taken his own life, leaving behind a suicide note describing sexual trauma and alleged bullying by family members.
- Sunday, January 25, 2015Although many details about her life and death are still unclear, Leelah Alcorn, a transgender teen from Ohio, has become, within days of her death Dec. 28, the face of a growing movement of people hungering…
- Sunday, January 11, 2015More than 300 people gathered in the nation's capital on Saturday raise awareness of issues facing transgender individuals and to honor a 17-year-old transgender teen who took her own life last month.
Sara Gilbert: ‘It’s more important to let go of the idea that you have a son, than to lose your child’Friday, January 9, 2015On Dec. 29, Leelah Alcorn, a transgender teen from Ohio, stepped into the path of an oncoming semi truck on a interstate highway. Today, "The Talk" discusses transgender teen suicide.
- Friday, January 2, 2015The parents of Leelah Alcorn, a transgender teen who identified as female and who committed suicide on Sunday, are speaking out, and in statements ignoring Leelah's gender identity, say they loved their "son."