American Family Association (AFA)
The American Family Association (AFA), based in Tupelo, Miss., is a United States non-profit organization that promotes conservative fundamentalist Christian values. It opposes same-sex marriage, pornography, and abortion. The AFA has been listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center as of November 2010 for the “propagation of known falsehoods” and the use of “demonizing propaganda” against LGBT people.
- Thursday, April 7, 2016On The Day of Silence, students take a vow of silence in solidarity with closeted and bullied LGBTQ youth.
- Monday, January 25, 2016It was "a joy to be chosen, to make a stand and to defend my God's word."
- Thursday, October 29, 2015Over 50 antigay activists congregated this week in Salt Lake City to wage 'war' on marriage equality.
- Wednesday, June 24, 2015"The rainbow flag represents the gay lobby, it represents Big Gay, it represents what I'm calling for the first time today, I'm introducing a new term: the Gay Reich .. They've got a flag just like…
- Saturday, June 20, 2015Gary Glenn, who is a long-time anti-gay activist who also happens to be a GOP member of the Michigan state House, says school officials should be held criminally liable if students are taught about homosexuality and…
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015The American Family Association on Tuesday published a full-page advertisement in The Washington Post to remind U.S. Supreme Court justices that "only God can define marriage."
- Monday, March 9, 2015America is about to cross “a line with God that hasn’t occurred in the entire history of the world since Noah’s flood."
- Thursday, January 29, 2015Bryan Fischer, the virulently anti-gay mouthpiece of the American Family Association, has reportedly been stripped of his position as Director of Issues Analysis, but will retain his daily radio program, a forum from which he bashes…
- Thursday, January 1, 2015The Radical Righ, sees recent advances in LGBT rights as a reason to find new strategies to fight what it believes is a tyrannical government bent on persecuting conservatives and inviting divine punishment.
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014The event, called The Response, has drawn heavy criticism because of the anti-gay views of its sponsor organization, the American Family Association.