Gay couple kicked out of South Texas bar for dancing together

Monday, December 23, 2013

VICTORIA, Texas — A gay couple says they were kicked out of a South Texas country-western bar because of their sexual orientation.

Justin Meyer and James Douglas were kicked out of the Cactus Canyon in Victoria, Texas, on Saturday night for dancing together, and issued a trespassing warning telling them not to return.

The couple says they were told they weren’t allowed to dance together because they were men and for security reasons, reports KAVU-TV.

“He told me they have a policy that states that they don’t allow males to dance with males to country songs. I said just country, and he said yes,” said Douglas.

A spokesman for Cactus Canyon confirmed that the bar does have a policy prohibiting men from dancing together.

“For many decades it’s acceptable for women to dance together in all kind of clubs. But it’s not acceptable for men to dance together in the type of business that we run,” said Roger Gearhart.

Nicole Hickl from KAVU-TV reports:

Lone Star Q reports that this is the second time in two years that gay customers allege they were kicked out of Cactus Canyon because they’re gay.

In 2011, three women said they were kicked out of the Cactus Canyon by an employee who told them, “This is a country western bar, not a gay bar.” Two of the women reportedly had been holding hands.

The couple is seeking an apology from the bar.

Archives: , , ,

Filed under: Texas

1. Sadly my state is far behind the rest of the nation in equality for LGBT people. I think the decision here is ridiculous, it didn’t seem like they were harming anyone.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:41am
  2. Actually, your state is actually ahead of a handful of other states. Do not count Texas out so fast. I used to think the same way, but Texas has a few progressive cities, and many progressive businesses and mega corporations like Lockheed Martin and Logitech.... Hey, at least Texas isnt Oklahoma :)

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:44am
  3. Or Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Kansas, or Alabama...

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:45am
  4. I hate how gays are treated here in Texas. At least we don’t have these problems in austin.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:41am
  5. Its getting better though. First in Austin, then in the other cities :)

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:42am
  6. and did you think anything else ? i mean it’s not a gay club

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:42am
  7. people in Victoria need a swift kick in the ass!!! Texas style!!!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:42am
  8. I'm straight as hell, but tell me what the hell is wrong with a couple dancing together? No matter what their sexual orientation is!! Grow the fuck up!!!

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:43am
  9. Time to give Cactus Canyon a bad name..I live in Houston, and to be honest, you don't really see anything like this go on.. There is very very big Gay community, gay owned/operated businesses, gay friendly businesses, and never had an issue ever..

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:32am
  10. It’s Texas. Why is this a surprise. They hate str8 people as well there.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:42am
  11. even if it said No Gay People allowed, they would be openb to legal cases

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:52am
  12. I agree. They have trouble either way, but again its Texas and you cant even depend on even a judge.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:53am
  13. Ya’all kant dance to country but ya’all can dance to western?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:43am
  14. It is Texas after all! What else would you expect?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:44am
  15. fck victoria texas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:44am
  16. Such hatred, such rascism, such predjudice… Would they ever kick a straight couple out… no? But a gay couple for being themseleves, that bar should be bombed down for their fucking hatred!!! How RUDE and selfish people could be! God will strike the owner of the club down for kicking them out!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:44am
  17. Not right, but it is the Owners rights to have how he wants on his property.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:45am
  18. No, it isn't. If this is a place you buy membership in, then yes, but the owner has no right to kick someone out because of their actual, or presumed, sexual orientation. I'm pretty sure he didn't kick two female friends dancing together.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:23am
  19. Where in texas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:45am
  20. Thats messed up

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:45am
  21. Honestly, I think that was a much better response than how some country-western bars would react.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:45am
  22. Yeeeeehaa!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:46am
  23. Shocked (not) it’s Texas, I lived in San Antonio for six months, the only part of the state I felt a little comfortable in was Austin.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:46am
  24. Texas is soooo far behind on human right’s it’s a shame. Vote!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:46am
  25. Texas continues the race with Michigan to enter the 17th century

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:47am
  26. Ignorant people that do not have any education, by basing this on religion

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:47am
  27. Red necks are just fucking mad they can’t keep the rhythm like the gay boys can. Fuckin shallow ass dumb shits.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:47am
  28. A guy couple discriminated against in Texas… i’m shocked…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:47am
  29. It’s Texas. Are you really surprised?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:48am
  30. Wow, I never thought this story would make it past our local news!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:48am
  31. Actually may not be oeners right its a business NOT a residential space.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:48am
  32. That’s horrible, come to Corpus Christi, we’ll treat y’all well

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:50am
  33. IT IS NOT THE OWNER’S RIGHT TO BAR PPL FROM HIS ESTABLISHMENT SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY… THAT IS AS ILLEGAL AS KICKING SOMEONE OUT BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK!! IF THE GUYS SUE… THEY COULD OWN THAT BAR!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:50am
  34. That’s fucked up

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:50am
  35. I lived in Texas, it’s not surprising. Although, it could happen anywhere in the U.S. still. I live in the Philippines now, go to the discos/clubs (I am gay) and everybody dances with whomever they want to. Straight guys dance together (and not just to be silly) and they dance like they mean it, straights dance with gays and no one gives a dang. It’s just another way of having a good time – no inuendos, no nothing – just a good ole time. And this country is steeped in the Catholic faith. While the U.S. has definitely improved on this issue, it still has a long way to go.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:50am
  36. That isn’t the first time they’ve done that. Yeah my town is behind on the times :(

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:51am
  37. I doubt if a gay club would kick out a straight couple who danced together!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:51am
  38. Once again, only in Texas……

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:51am
  39. Really give me a break people

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:51am
  40. I wonder do they stop two latins from dancing together, two blacks, two orientals, or just to members of the same sex? Can you imagine you can have a policy that challenges the very premise of the foundation upon which the U.S. was established, All Men are Created Equal…only if you are straight and white.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:52am
  41. Stay classy cactus canyon

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:52am
  42. It’s Texas what do you expect

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:53am
  43. Wow….so ridiculous!!…and im from Texas!…but not surprising!..You can he fired from your job for being gay in Texas!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:53am
  44. I don’t like this. It’s just stupid!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:54am
  45. Unreal in this day an age

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:55am
  46. Joshua Reece. Damn Southerners.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:55am
  47. Not all southerners

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  48. True enough, Sam. I'm just a very stereotypical British person.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  49. This is just………
    I don’t even have anymore words to say. I keep thinking that things are getting better. Then this…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:55am
  50. Well everybody knows now where not to go

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:55am
  51. My instant reaction before reading the article was…”if these were two women dancing…” but obviously after reading it, it’s happened to female same sex couples. Two people that love each other should be able to hold hands ANYWHERE and dance ANYWHERE, unless dancing or holding hands is against the law for everyone. Period. I wish I could apologize for the entire state of Texas, but we’re not all like that.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:56am
  52. Exa

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:56am
  53. They shut down their fb page but still have their twitter account open: https://twitter.com/cactus_canyon

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:57am
  54. I Would SUE Bigtime

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:57am
  55. Sue their butts guys.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:57am
  56. Disgusting. Obviously they are bigots. But too disgusting in the 21st century. They need to grow up.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:57am
  57. WTF!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:58am
  58. Texas sucks.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:58am
  59. Nelly Littlejohn

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:59am
  60. Justin MeyerJames Douglas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:59am
  61. Thank you so much for y’all’s support! We just want equality here in south Texas and stop this discrimination that is going on. We never thought this would have made it so big but since it has hundreds of people contacted us supporting our story and our fight to be treated the same! James Douglas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:03am
  62. That was a brave thing to do, and I commend you for it. Keep up the fight.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:50am
  63. Glad I dont have that bar near me... I'd stage a night for all the gay men I knew to go in there and dance together. Things like this is so stupid.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:11am
  64. Always count on our support. If I could, I'd bring one hundred couples to that bar and we'd have one helluva dance together!

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:11am
  65. I hope southern Texas wakes up and votes for Wendy Davis as Governor! :) I wish you both the best and a Merry Christmas. PA's old license plate motto was "You've Got A Friend in Pennsylvania"; if you ever find yourselves in Philly, you'll have one here. ;)

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:11am
  66. 3613 N Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77901 (361) 576-4875 i urge people to calmly call and tell them THEY will ask others not to go there. STRONGLY SUGGEST they see the film Anyone and Everyone ASAP

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:26pm
  67. I'm all for equality, but you need to know when and where to start a fight. You are lucky they just threw you out. Get real. You could have been in a hospital stating it all happened so fast. Better safe than sorry. Bottles and chair can be replaced but your eye or leg takes months to heal and the cost of physical therapy and that is if... You are lucky.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:20pm
  68. Don't worry guys, one day real soon we will be able to dance and express our love for one another just the same as anyone, anywhere! Hang strong, it's not any better here in Tennessee, but with instances like this, we will win in the end. :)

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:51pm
  69. That’s just horrible

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:04am
  70. Excuse me but your in Tex-ass for gods sake. What did you expect. Your not getting a gay linedancing party starting there. I

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:05am
  71. This is horrible. I hate this bible-belt state. :/ I’m straight and I’ve been to plenty of gay clubs with my gay friends. I was never once asked to leave or treated like an outsider. I was welcomed.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:05am
  72. CALL THEM PLEASE 3613 N Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77901 (361) 576-4875

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:29pm
  73. I support. Gays lesbians bisexuals trannys every where

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:07am
  74. I hate living in Texas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:07am
  75. If you can’t respect love then your not mature plus you basically just kicked out money

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:09am
  76. I hope they sue!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:10am
  77. Ridiculous

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:10am
  78. That’s bullshit!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  79. Boooooooooooo

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  80. Its Texas…….

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  81. I dislike people like that more and more each day

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  82. Not all of Texas will shun you. Some of us love you with pure hearts. Good luck!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  83. What do u expect it’s texass

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:14am
  84. I hate that this happened, but They’re damned lucky someone didn’t shoot them.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:14am
  85. Unfair! Discrimination! A hit on dignity and freedom!
    With you!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:15am
  86. They are lucky they got away unharmed! It’s Texas! Be smart people!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:15am
  87. Stay away from Midnight Rodeo in San Antonio. I got a police escort out of there for dancing with my gf. I can’t wait for the day that Texas treats us all as humans!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:15am
  88. Texas, because treading on everyone else’s liberty is their most treasured liberty.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:16am
  89. For all of you hating on Texas, realize you’re doing no good by spreading hate. Texas isn’t necessarily the problem, it’s people. Hateful people are everywhere.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:21am
  90. That's true.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  91. People do make a state what it is..............

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:12pm
  92. Look, I’m gay and I wouldn’t be dumb enough to go into a straight country/western bar in Southern Texas with my boyfriend and try to go dancing, mostly for my own safety and the safety of my partner! Like the bar said, it was for security reasons, most likely meaning that 2 guys dancing together in a redneck bar in South Texas would probably not be SAFE!! It’s just not sound judgement to go out and antagonize a bunch of drunk rednecks on their turf! I realize that in 2013 we SHOULD NOT have to worry about this kind of bullshit, but the REALITY of the situation is that we do!! Gay people still get beat up/killed in this country on a fairly regular basis, so why put yourself in that kind of danger unnecessarily? If you really want to go dancing, I’m quite SURE there are gay bars in Texas that play country music! Remember where you are!! Just sayin…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:24am
  93. Would you tell an interracial couple in the 60s the same thing? "Sorry about being discriminated against, but it's for your own good."

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:38am
  94. I didn't say I agree with it..In fact I said in 2013 We should NOT still have to deal with it, but Why put yourself in the position to become a victim? I'm sorry, but I value my life more than my "rights"! It's not gonna do me or anyone else a bit of fucking good for them to print "He was standing up for his rights!" on my tombstone!!

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:48am
  95. amen alan!

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:52am
  96. Well good for you, but that's not the issue at hand.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:19pm
  97. Straight up discrimination

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  98. they need to sue ..become the bar owners and then reopen as a gay bar………:) :)

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  99. Shameful. Just shameful. Love is love and dancing is dancing. Calm the fuck down people.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  100. think it’s time to swamp them with a LGBT “dance in”

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  101. Alan as long as you think that way , things will never change !!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:28am
  102. Sorry embarrassed to hear it. There is love in Texas, even if not enough. We are trying.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:28am
  103. Some people are so insecure that they can’t even see two people dancing without feeling threatened.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:29am
  104. James ,my boyfriend, is a licensed cop. Safety was a cover up and not the true issue. It was when we asked to see the policy they told the cops they we were being disorderly and banned us. We were even in the building…we were outside of the establishment.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:31am
  105. That’s what we’re saying , it’s not right just because it’s a small town they think they can treat people this way and get away with it !

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:34am
  106. We aren’t the only couple that has suffered from this discrimination.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:35am
  107. And the worst part is people act like this is God’s word. Yeah throwing two people out so they won’t get beat up by the good Christians. It’s insane to me! Stop associating my God with your hate.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:36am
  108. Something else that needs to come to an end. Although places like Texas are going to be among the last holdouts! :(

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:36am
  109. They’re lucky they weren’t beaten to death! Scary place!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:40am
  110. OMG Don’t people have any priorities straight? Who cares who dances with whom? No one would ever get kicked out if it were 2 girls dancing together. Happens all the time.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:40am
  111. When will people realize that they are on the wrong side of history when it comes to equality?? Love is love no matter what.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:41am
  112. Over here in England it really seems to be no surprise, Texas has that reputation over here that they are complete bigots & homophobes, from a tourist point of view it’s not high on the list of places to visit because of incidents like this. I feel sorry for the decent people there.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:44am
  113. texas gets worse and worse

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:45am
  114. Well put,, Alan!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:48am
  115. Just what in hell did these two think would happen to them? That all the cowboys thre would rush up and kiss them?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:48am
  116. GAY MARRIAGE IN TEXAS!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:54am
  117. Sorry you had to experience that Justin Meyer hopefully things will change around there for you .. Its complete and utter disrespect and no one should have to deal with such bigotry …. Take care and continue to fight back :)

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:00am
  118. Wow fuked up

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:02am
  119. Why should they have to hide who they are? They want to go out dancing.. I’m sure they value their lives too but I’m sure dancing in your living room isn’t as much fun.. Like Bonnie Jones said, if it was two girls, nothing would happen.. Why? because guys are pigs and they’ll let girls do anything if it gave them a hard on.. But bc it was two guys, it’s the end of the world..

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:02am
  120. That is why i will never vacation in Texas!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:02am
  121. Richie Williams, don’t go dancing here!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:03am
  122. really? REALLY? if it isn’t a private business and they weren’t being obscene (doubt they were), this shouldn’t have happened.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:07am
  123. texas is so backwards

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:09am
  124. Keep fighting the good fight! This is bullshit!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:09am
  125. Were we really expecting tolerance to come out of Texas?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:11am
  126. I think thats bullshit that why i dont like living in texas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:14am
  127. Sounds like they got the reaction they were looking for.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:15am
  128. There’s a cactus canyon here in Colorado and they have gay night once a week.. Not that you can’t go every night.. Maybe there is no affiliation between the two or maybe it’s just the difference between Colorado and Texas.. Either way, just one more reason for me to avoid the lone star state…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:19am
  129. We have one of the largest western gay bars in Houston. Mathew Shepard story could have happened. Baby steps boys. Equality scares people. But its coming state by state.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:22am
  130. Texas sucks..bunch of hill bullies

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:28am
  131. @Alan Shores he’s right

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:32am
  132. I’d patronize the bar and get my friends and hold a same sex kiss in!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:38am
  133. These guys are my good friends and I support them 100%! #NOH8 #samelove

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:40am
  134. That is screwed up they should be able to go their and dance if they want to it their right too.this is the year 2013 almost 2014 people need to grow the hell up and let gay people go where ever they want too

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:53am
  135. please call them 3613 N Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77901 (361) 576-4875 thanks

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:36pm
  136. texas: cactus canyon… hmmm

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:54am
  137. Nasty!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:05am
  138. Don’t you kinda have to know what battles to pick?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:08am
  139. Yes Susan Pursley it was nasty to kick them out.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:12am
  140. Omg get over it Allready

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:22am
  141. Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:22am
  142. Use to be the big N word…now it’s homosexuals.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:25am
  143. I can just here Dee Stephens talking to Rosa Parks – “omg get over it already!”

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:25am
  144. Nothing against gays.but dont need to do it in places that u know will get that kind of reaction.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:33am
  145. Sucks but it’s texas… what do you expect

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:37am
  146. I have never seen the problem Women dance together with no problem and it is accepted.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:39am
  147. Wow. In taxes? That Bastian of progressive ideals. I’m surprised that’s all they got.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:47am
  148. ….Cactus Canyon was probably jealous that the boys were dancing the best!! ;)

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:58am
  149. >:(

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:02am
  150. Terrible. Sucks…. But shouldn’t they be doing more than seeking an apology? They should be urging the corporation to review their discriminative policies and perhaps make a change…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:04am
  151. wow that management is a ass he states his policy like there is nothing wrong with it, hasn’t he ever heard of bigotry and discrimination cause with him seeing nothing wrong with that policy he is promoting it

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:24am
  152. I’m currently here with my grandma. Know not to go to that bar. :|

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:25am
  153. that is suck bullshit

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:36am
  154. Oh, this isn’t the first time this has happened. A lesbian couple were told to leave that same club about 2 years ago. This is quiet little city, where people let others be with others. It may not always be what is right, but people are excepting. It’s when some ignorant loud mouth points it out. That’s when the people of Victoria, Tx. turn to that establishment and say, duh, pendejo. Believe me the people of Victoria, Tx. want nothing more then to keep the party flowing.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:55am
  155. 3613 N Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77901 (361) 576-4875 call them please thanks

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:36pm
  156. Too bad it takes so long for people to come around! But it will happen one day, I’m sure!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:56am
  157. One day, some establishment is going to insult the wrong queer (lgbtq) person and they are going to get shot up. Let us ALL learn to be accepting and progressive! The world doesn’t need hate. We need love!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:07am
  158. That’s absurd. Those bar employees need to mind their own damned business and get a life! Homophobes often are the same folk who are intolerant of other ethnicities (read: non-white) and poo-poo Iran & other Middle Eastern countries for having religious police, for example –well wtf do our homegrown bigots think they are?? You don’t need a badge and title to be a Sex Police in practice…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:08am
  159. Regardless of state, people should be who the fucker they want to be where the fucker they want to be. You people should be less concerned about what others where doing. GET A FUCKING LIFE AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:13am
  160. Fuck* :)

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:13am
  161. Damn auto-text smh

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:14am
  162. I have lived in this small town almost all my life and Cactus has always been like that. I myself do not go there. I did when I was younger but never really liked it. Every one knows the way the owner is. Yes I dont like it and I am happy to protest against them any day of the week. This is also not the first time to happen. First time this happen was to a friend of mine for holding her girlfriends hand. We do have friends that do work there but lesbians have always be tolerated more there. The thing that gets me is that first the gays of this town do not stick together. We had a small gay bar may not have been the best but no one wanted to go, so it closed down. When ever our local GLBT tries to get together or plan something no one wants to help or even show up. Unless there is alcohol there. Second I would love to go into a club here in Victoria and dance the night away and yes just dance with a partner (when I find one lol) but I do have to face the facts of where I live. Like I said I will do anything I can to help protest and hope for change but when this does die down and sadly it will. Little will have changed but I hope it does.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:16am
  163. Texas. Smh.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:43am
  164. How was their dancing hurting anyone. Just smile and join in on the fun.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:20am
  165. please call and ask them 3613 N Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77901 (361) 576-4875 thanks

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:32pm
  166. I might just do that

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:42pm
  167. In my country its against the law to judge someone on their age, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. I’m sure I’m leaving something out. If that’s not the case in America, maybe that should be the next thing to fight for. Its bullshit what people go through. What harm is it going? I wish people could mind their own business.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:21am
  168. :-(

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:00am
  169. Come on, state. You can act better than this Texans, pull yourselves together!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:01am
  170. Times are changing, this won’t happen soon!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:10am
  171. Craziness

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:26am
  172. 3613 N Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77901
    (361) 576-4875 CALL THEM UNTIL THEY GET IT..STRAIGHT PEOPLE RISE UP FOR ALL

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:24pm
  173. Maybe the ladies where jealous their husbands cant dance like them. JEALOUS B!@/$e$ lol

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:19pm
  174. close it down

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:20pm
  175. Justin we all understand,la.is the next bigoted state

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:21pm
  176. I’m calling them! Enough!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:56pm
  177. stay strong boys! its an uphill battle here in Texas but we can make it a better state I know we can! Soon Marriage Equality for Texas :)

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:07pm
  178. What a pity!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:13pm
  179. 2 ppl of the same sex are disgusting? Wow what about when men and women are out there dancing and rubbing hands allover eachothers butts but gay ppl are disgusting thats funny. Some Ppl in this world i tell u!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:21pm
  180. Figures I hate this hicka billy hell hole pos shit state

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:42pm
  181. Shame!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:42pm
  182. keep dancing!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:58pm
  183. This isn’t right! Grrrr

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:02pm
  184. PEOPLE STILL DON’T GET IT ???

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:33pm
  185. see this is why i hate texas

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:36pm
  186. That’s what i DON’T like about Texas.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:43pm
  187. lawsuit

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:55pm
  188. Lydia Pearce I happen to live in Victoria, TX where this happened I can tell you that the scenarios you just played out WOULD NEVER happen. Im not sure hoe you paint out south tx to be but how you described is beyond me. What a hateful thing to say ‘you are lucky they just threw you out’ maybe you should get real and realize nothing should be happening bcs of someomes sexual orientation.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:29pm
  189. ….and to everyone bashing TX, it’s not like that at all which is why this story is such a big deal. It’s a lot more liberal than a lot of people realize. Home to some of the largest gay pride parades, it’s not at all how yall are stereotyping

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:32pm
  190. It’s not the point if it’s TX…or anywhere….it’s the point that people should be people and not haters….being happy is hard enough to b let alone people hating u because u are happy with the one your with..NO MATTER who they should b……just like me saying merry Xmas to everyone not a select few…..so….lets have a merry Xmas happy people….leave the haters behind….

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:44pm
  191. Hang in there , friends. Remember, the problem is not with you. Texas, get your act together, STOP THE HATE!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:57pm
  192. Texad is big enough to allowed. two people of the same sex to dance together. C’mon people its Christmas.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:31pm
  193. I guess honky-tonking is just for the straights

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:33pm
  194. Remember the movie with Liz Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean……I think it was called Giant. This Texas diner kicked the Mexican girl out because of her race. She was married to Rock Hudson’s son in the movie. Just goes to show that Texas is still behind the times as far as EQUALITY.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:42pm
  195. It’s Texas; what do you expect. “Hate” is the state motto.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:46pm
  196. sue the hell out of them!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:58pm
  197. Of course they were! Bunch of bigots! Women dance together all the time!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:07pm
  198. well thats texas nothing but haters

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:11pm
  199. Ok I’m gay and I love my partner with all of my heart but the is a place for us to dance without getting kicked out by right winged nuts it’s called a gay bar now come on what did you think the rednecks there was going to do for a circle around yall and clap

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:31pm
  200. I think It’s stupid how people will use the Bible as an excuse for something and that suddenly makes it right in society.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:33pm
  201. Allan BaileyAlla is right and I just don’t see it changing any time soon sad to say but people hate what they fear

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:34pm
  202. Lets just shut the bar down then. People have right not to like homosexuality just as people have the right to be homosexual. Yes its shitty but its life. You can’t make everyone like no matter what gender, race, or sexuality.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:32pm
  203. Ok first of all this bar or club needs to knock there shit off. What its ok if two females dance together…u would think that its Texas…You all need to let these men dance together..whats the problem you like it to much and dont want your buddies to know or are you to busy messing with your girlfriends son? How can I say these things I have lived in Texas we know what goes on not just there but everywhere.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:35pm
  204. Hope their business fails!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:48pm
  205. Okay, but they thought it was a gay joint from the name…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:50pm
  206. Not a surprise. The south has a little ways to go. My partner (now wife) were kicked out of a B & A Flea Market in Stuart, FL a couple of years ago….escorted by a sheriff to be precise….because we were sitting too close on a bench. Yeah….I can’t imagine what would have happened if we were holding hands or kissing….arrested? Nothing we could do either. Love these laws that promote discrimination.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:48pm
  207. The state of Texas is the worst state of all. Bigots abound and Stupid idiots walk the streets and go to the bars and discriminate against others. Ugh.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:06pm
  208. So freaking what? No one has the right to tell someone else what they have to be ok with in their own home or business. Our rights do not trump the rights of others but are in context of everyone’s right to their own life and pursuit of happiness without threat of force from others direct or through the State.

The owner of that place is a bigot. Sure. Boycott the hell out of them. But don’t try to send people with guns to force them to change. That is much worse than their bigotry. You don’t want to have that sort of sword wielded against you so don’t take it up against others.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:31pm
  209. Yet again, Texas, why are we all surprised by this state all the time????

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:39pm
  210. Please be careful and Merry Christmas you guys!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:24pm
  211. OH boy serious?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:56pm
  212. sad

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:56pm
  213. Yet a titty bar on every corner is the texas way.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:35pm
  214. Who the F would be in Texas anyway?

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 12:02am
  215. they couldnt handle 2 masculine men..they feel threatened..its comical,as the “straights” skip home to wifeys..such a contradiction.

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 12:22am
  216. Well to be honest im not surprised, people are rude and dont give a rats ass about others. Especially if it means ruining other peoples fun and happiness.

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 12:37am
  217. Damn thats why their bars specially for us come on guys thier are much funnn than regular one

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 2:56am
  218. Regular ones are bored and gay clubs are the blast from houston texas fellas fuck yea

Posted on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 at 2:57am