Fox News contributor Tomi Lahren decided to question Joe Biden’s masculinity because he is wearing a facemask during the coronavirus pandemic.
Biden posted a message on Twitter reminding his followers to wear a mask.
“Might as well carry a purse with that mask, Joe,” Lahren responded.
Might as well carry a purse with that mask, Joe. https://t.co/RugCFkC1GQ
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) October 6, 2020
Conservatives have spent the better part of this past year associating measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus with femininity, but Lahren still managed to shock people by doing so just after Donald Trump was hospitalized to treat complications resulting from the COVID-19 virus.
Fellas, is it gay to protect your community from a life threatening illness that’s already killed 210K Americans?
— The House of Pod – Medical Podcast (@thehouseofpod) October 6, 2020
You know what else isn't manly? Using brakes Real men drive into trees or walls when they want to stop their car. Only wimps tap the wimpy wittle bwake pedal.
Cooking pork is wimpy, too. Real men eat it raw and deal with trichinosis like men.
— JRehling (@JRehling) October 6, 2020
"I'll just imply he's a woman. Everybody hates women. They suck so bad." – Tomi Lahren, woman.
— 12 Foot Tall Giant Alexandra Erin (@AlexandraErin) October 6, 2020
Omg LOVE this idea! If he carried a purse he could put masks in it to give to people who forgot their masks/don’t have one, thus slowing the spread of this awful pandemic!! AWESOME idea! Also, go fuck yourself.
— Eve Vawter (@EveVawter) October 6, 2020
Maybe 210,000 Americans wouldn't be dead if we had a president who carried a purse. pic.twitter.com/Z9mwXZidHt
— Just a concerned citizen (@stop_cov_spread) October 6, 2020
Lahren has a long history of anti-LGBTQ statements and very strict ideas about gender expression.
“You can be a proud part of the LGBT community and movement without attacking traditional men and marriage at every turn,” she said last year when Billy Porter wore a dress to the Oscars, adding that Porter wanted “to stick it to masculinity.”
Earlier this year, she got mad at LGBTQ people for supporting their “government pals” as events and gatherings were being canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“To the pro-eternal shutdown cheerleaders, when your favorite government pals start canceling pride parades, we better not hear a peep out of you!!!” she tweeted.
When she was hired at Fox News in 2018, GLAAD put out a list of her greatest hits from her prior work in the media:
- Supported President Trump’s ban on transgender Americans serving openly in the U.S. Military: “The military is not a social experiment. Finally a POTUS who understands the concept. Political correctness=intellectual dishonesty!”
- Claimed liberals don’t have an actual argument to support transgender service members; adds that people only support it because it “feels right.”
- Said Trump’s repeal of Obama transgender guidance did nothing more than “return America’s taxpayer funded bathrooms and locker rooms to normal.”
- Went after and deadnamed Chelsea Manning by saying, “trans traitor Chelsea [deadname] Manning,” and “him—well I guess her now.”
Other Anti-LGBTQ Comments
- Criticized pride parade marchers for engaging in resistance against the Trump Administration, filled with untruths about the administration’s supposed support for LGBTQ people.
- Lashed out at President Obama’s last State of the Union address, because “he had to throw gay marriage in there. Of course.”