Family Research Council President Tony Perkins is at it again.
This time the hate group leader took to his radio show to whine that liberals are using Trump’s affair with porn star Stormy Daniels to “shame evangelicals for their political participation.”
Perhaps Perkins thinks having an affair with a porn actress with a pregnant third wife at home is perfectly fine and moral. Here are a few other thing Perkins probably thinks are good Christian behavior.
Get the Daily Brief
The news you care about, reported on by the people who care about you:
- Supporting pedophiles for public office. Perkins might have said that the allegations against Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore disqualified him for public office. But he said nary a word when Trump endorses Moore after allegations that Moore pursued teenage girls for relationships.
- Calling Mexicans rapists. Perkins was also silent when then candidate Trump called Mexican immigrants “criminals” and “rapists.”
- Racist statements against judges. You might not remember Perkins blasting Trump for saying that a judge was not qualified to rule in a case against Trump, because the judge was Mexican. (He was Mexican American.) That’s because Perkins didn’t condemn that statement either.
- Calling white supremacists “very fine people.” Where was Perkins when Trump defended white supremacists who marched and rioted in Charlottesville, Virginia as “very fine people”? Or may thinks neo-Nazis can be “very fine people” too.
- Referring to “shithole countries.” Perkins held his tongue when Trump made news describing El Salvador and some African nations as “shithole countries” during meetings with lawmakers.
- Sexual assault. Perkins was pretty quiet when the “Access Hollywood” tape of Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women came to light.
- Covering up sexual assault. This one’s actually on Perkins, not Trump. When married “family values” Ohio state legislator Wesley Goodman allegedly sexually assaulted an 18-year-old boy, Perkins helped cover it up.
If Perkins is worried about liberals “shaming” evangelicals for their political involvement, maybe that’s because there’s a lot he should ashamed of.