Sunday will be the day that gay couples in New York will be able to legally marry. And naturally the National Organization for Marriage isn’t happy about it. The organization has planned protests across the state.
Maggie Gallagher, NOM chairwoman, conducted an interview with the American Family Association‘s One News Now talking about the situation. And if you ask me, based upon what she said, Gallagher is fortunate that lightning didn’t strike her during interview:
She (Gallagher) reports that her group is hearing from “voters all over the state … [who] are really upset, not only about marriage, but about the lying, the deceit, [and] the flip-flopping. It’s really a symbol of the corrupt, insider politics which has dominated Albany for years and is now reaching a new height,” Gallagher laments.
Is Gallagher for real? How can she whines about the “deceit” of the NY legislator while her organization:
- Sends out mailers and pushes commercials which send the phony message that gays are using the marriage argument to corrupt children;
- Has unsuccessfully tried to skirt disclosure laws in six states in an attempt to hide its donor list;
- cynically played the black and gay communities against one another;
- Gave misleading testimony during a Congressional hearing on DOMA;
- Knowingly faked an argument about legal scholars bothered by the NY law for marriage equality; and;
- Is presently teaming up with the Minnesota Family Council to stop marriage equality in the state in spite of the fact that the organization claims that gays engage in bestiality, pedophilia, and the consuming of bodily wastes.
If Gallagher wants to talk about deceit, she should look to the organization she helped to start. If it weren’t for deceit and corruption, NOM wouldn’t have any victories to speak of.