Houston is the largest city in Texas and the fourth-largest city in the United States. It is the seat of Harris County, and its metropolitan area is the fifth-largest in the U.S., with over 6 million people. [ 2345...Continue Reading »
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016The surge began last year after social conservatives lost a long battle to prevent the legalization of same-sex marriage.
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016"This is about who is on the right side of reality," he says.
- Sunday, April 3, 2016LGBT groups assume minority communities will climb on board and fight for our equality. That lack of outreach has become our Achilles’ heel.
- Saturday, February 27, 2016Most of the 20 largest U.S. cities now enforce state laws or local ordinances that include allowances for people to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with.
- Saturday, January 2, 2016The last of the 10 people serving time for the 1991 gay-bashing death of a Houston banker has left prison on parole.
- Friday, November 20, 2015The reaction to a setback shouldn't be blaming the other side -- nor to demonize them as “bigots" or “hicks.” Instead, we need to work to turn out the vote.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015Wounds on the body indicate 28-year-old Marc Pourner was tied, gagged, and suffered massive blunt force trauma to the head.
- Monday, November 16, 2015The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles is granting parole for the only man still serving time in the 1991 gay-bashing death of a Houston banker.
- Friday, November 6, 2015A spokesman for the NFL announced that everything will go ahead as planned, despite calls from several gay rights advocates and a change.org petition.
- Thursday, November 5, 2015Blogger Carlos Maza writes, "Beyoncé has repeatedly refused the opportunity to speak out against the legalization of discrimination against LGBT people."