Tuesday, February 10, 2015One of the plaintiffs in the court case that overturned Utah's ban on same-sex marriage is planning to run for Salt Lake City council. Derek Kitchen says he plans to formally announce his candidacy on Tuesday.
Monday, April 7, 2014SALT LAKE CITY -- Derek Kitchen was a teenager still coming to grips with his sexual orientation when yard signs began popping up throughout his suburban Salt Lake City neighborhood in 2004 supporting an amendment to…
Sunday, February 16, 2014Derek Kitchen, the lead plaintiff in Kitchen v. Herbert, the federal court challenge to Utah's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage, made a Valentine's Day proposal to his partner and co-plaintiff, Moudi Sbeity, at the Equality Ball…
- House OKs protection for clergy refusing gay marriage
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption