Barack Hussein Obama II (b. August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States, and the first African American to hold the office. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review. He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, and was a U.S. Senator from Illinois from January 3, 2005 to November 16, 2008. He assumed the Presidency on January 20, 2009, and was elected to a second term on November 6, 2012. [ Website ] [ Wikipedia ]
- Wednesday, May 25, 2016The challenge asks a judge to declare the administration's directive is unlawful.
- Wednesday, May 25, 2016The state is suing the Obama administration over its anti-discriminatory transgender bathroom directive to U.S. public schools.
- Friday, May 20, 2016State Superintendent Richard Woods says school districts don't have to comply with Obama's recent guidance regarding transgender students.
- Friday, May 20, 2016The legislature introduced a bill requiring public schools to provide "religious accommodations" for students who object to sharing restrooms with trans classmates.
- Thursday, May 19, 2016"This reveals them for who they are," said Democrat Steve Israel. "They are bigots. They are haters."
- Wednesday, May 18, 2016"They’re coming for your children! They’re coming right into your schools to pervert your children!”
- Sunday, May 15, 2016The area around Stonewall Inn may become the first national monument dedicated to gay rights, but that mean the property will always be a bar.
- Friday, May 13, 2016Asa Hutchinson criticized the directive as "social engineering."
- Thursday, May 12, 2016The Justice Department and North Carolina's governor sued each other on Monday.
- Friday, May 6, 2016Evangelist Franklin Graham's latest ramble manages to surprise nobody