Tuesday, February 18, 2014SOCHI, Russia — The International Olympic Committee on Tuesday defended the removal of an Italian gay rights activist from a Sochi arena, saying she was “escorted from there peacefully” and not detained.
Monday, February 17, 2014SOCHI, Russia -- An Italian activist shouting "It's OK to be gay" and dressed in a rainbow-colored outfit and large headdress was detained Monday as she entered an arena to watch an Olympic hockey game.
Monday, February 17, 2014SOCHI, Russia - Italian gay rights activist Vladimir Luxuria said she was detained by police at the Olympics after being stopped while carrying a rainbow flag that read in Russian: "Gay is OK." Police on…
Sunday, February 16, 2014SOCHI, Russia -- A transgender activist and former member of the Italian Parliament was arrested and briefly detained by Russian authorities in Sochi after she reportedly held up a banner that read “Gay is OK,” according…
- Trans man with Asperger's shot and killed by police in Arizona
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- Transgender Texas prison inmates can start hormone therapy
- A real-life friendship between a male tiger and a goat is being decried in Russia as 'gay propaganda'
- Maine governor stops rules for protecting transgender students