- Tuesday, May 31, 2016MultiChoice claims it's responding to complaints from Nigerian viewers and pulling the plug out of "respect."
This Nigerian lecturer fled into exile because he’s gay. Now, he’s asking legislators to make a change.Friday, October 23, 2015Bisi Alimi is speaking out about a Nigerian law that makes even befriending a homosexual punishable by 10 years in jail.
- Monday, June 29, 2015Nigeria's draconian law against gays has encouraged mob attacks, police torture, evictions and public whippings, according to a report Monday that urges the country's new president to repeal the legislation.
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014Human rights and gay rights activists on Tuesday urged President Barack Obama to ensure that the issue of anti-gay discrimination in Africa is on the agenda at next week's summit in Washington with more than 40…
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014BAUCHI, Nigeria -- A Nigerian Shariah court has freed two men accused of gay sex and belonging to a homosexual club, saying the prosecution failed to prove its case.
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014WASHINGTON -- The Congressional Black Caucus called on the Obama administration Tuesday to review all aid to countries with laws criminalizing homosexuality.
- Thursday, March 13, 2014ABUJA, Nigeria -- The U.N. human rights chief says Nigeria's new anti-gay law may have "negative consequences" for public health.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014LAGOS, Nigeria -- Four young men were convicted of gay sex and whipped publicly as punishment Thursday in an Islamic court in northern Nigeria, a human rights activist said.
- Thursday, February 20, 2014DAKAR, Senegal -- Last month, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni met in his office with a team of U.S.-based rights activists concerned about legislation that would impose life sentences for some homosexual acts. South African retired Archbishop…
- Saturday, February 15, 2014ABUJA, Nigeria -- A mob armed with wooden clubs and iron bars, screaming that they were going to "cleanse" their neighborhood of gay people, dragged 14 young men from their beds and assaulted them, human rights…