Madonna Louise Ciccone (b. August 16, 1958) is an American singer-songwriter, actress, author, director, entrepreneur and philanthropist. Madonna has been a vocal advocate for gay rights and the LGBT community, and in a 2010 interview on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Madonna said she first became close to the gay community when she was a teenager, stating that she felt different in high school and found acceptance and sympathy among gay friends, particularly her dance instructor. She also said, “In fact, I wouldn’t have a career if it weren’t for the gay community.”
- Tuesday, January 12, 2016The angry politician is suing Brahim Zaibat, calling the picture a breach of privacy, and accusing him of costing his party the election.
- Monday, January 11, 2016Fellow artists pay tribute to the loss of a giant.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015"I’ll state the obvious and say that he seems like he’s a much more open-minded individual," she says.
- Thursday, August 6, 2015"I like to think of it as a kind of art gallery for my thoughts."
- Monday, August 5, 2013MOSCOW -- Madonna and Lady Gaga, two of the biggest pop stars in the world, could face charges in Russia over allegations that they violated their tourist visas when they held concerts there last year, but…
- Sunday, March 17, 2013NEW YORK -- Pop icon Madonna, dressed in a replica of a cub scout uniform, presented CNN’s Anderson Cooper with an award for openly gay media professionals at the 24th annual GLAAD Media Awards in New…
- Sunday, March 3, 2013NEW YORK -- The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) announced that Madonna will present CNN's Anderson Cooper with an award for openly gay media professionals.
- Saturday, November 24, 2012A Russian court has dismissed a lawsuit against pop superstar Madonna, rejecting claims that her actions during a concert in St. Petersburg in August violated a local law against promoting homosexual behavior.
- Sunday, August 19, 2012MOSCOW -- Pop icon Madonna is being sued for more than $10 million by Russian activists who claimed they were offended by her support for gay rights during a recent concert in St. Petersburg, Russia.