As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Saturday, February 7, 2015Alabama on Monday will become the 37th state where same-sex couples can legally wed unless the U.S. Supreme Court orders a last-minute stay of a federal judge's decision overturning the state's ban on gay marriage.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015Slovaks are voting in a nationwide a referendum that would bar gay marriages and adoptions, and allow parents to decide whether their children attend sex education classes.
- Friday, February 6, 2015U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Thursday he doesn’t expect House Republicans will weigh in on same-sex marriage when the U.S. Supreme Court considers the issue this Spring.
- Friday, February 6, 2015The legal team that successfully fought to overturn Idaho's ban on gay marriage has filed paperwork seeking an additional $300,000 in court costs.
- Friday, February 6, 2015A spokesman for the Montana attorney general says the state will move to delay its appeal of a ruling that the state's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.
- Thursday, February 5, 2015The Alabama Department of Public Health sent the form Thursday to probate judges across the state. The form has two spaces that read spouse, instead of separate listings for bride and groom.
- Thursday, February 5, 2015The Arkansas Supreme Court wants lawyers in a same-sex marriage case to tell it which justices they believe should decide the issue.
- Thursday, February 5, 2015While finding that Americans narrowly favor allowing gay and lesbian couples to legally marry, a new Associated Press-GfK poll also shows most believe wedding-related businesses should be allowed to deny service to same-sex couples for religious…
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015A federal appeals court in Atlanta says it won't act on appeals in same-sex marriage cases until the U.S. Supreme Court rules on the issue.