All articles by Paul Canning
- Friday, January 20, 2012A small group of LGBT Russians have taken their protest against laws intended to silence their movement to every region — and on Wednesday night they produced images of their protesting arrest in front of the
- Friday, January 13, 2012More positive change in Turkey with the news this week that the High Court of Appeals has ordered a newspaper to pay compensation for calling gay people “perverts” in a headline it printed in 2008.
- Friday, December 30, 2011Continuing a series of posts on the significant developments in the LGBT community in 2011, there were numerous advances around the world in the rights and visibility of transgender and intersex people.
- Friday, December 30, 2011Continuing a series of posts on the significant developments in the LGBT community in 2011, we saw an increased impact of the work of the UN Human Rights Council, particularly its Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process…
- Thursday, December 29, 2011Continuing a series of posts on the significant developments in the LGBT community in 2011, the growth of activism and international projects help shape the continuing evolution of gay rights and visibility around the world.
- Wednesday, December 28, 2011In terms of the news -- international reporting -- this was the year of same-sex marriage. Same-sex marriage (or 'marriage equality' or 'gay marriage') was a leading international concern -- whether in the West or raised…
- Wednesday, December 21, 2011A Kenyan gay magazine has exposed male sex trafficking between Kenya and the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Identity magazine says that gay and bisexual Kenyans are being lured from universities with promises of…
- Tuesday, December 20, 2011The ‘ex-gay’ religious movement has expanded beyond its American origins throughout the world. Now the same lies pushed by the same American "ex-gay" propagandists are finding an audience in the Caribbean.