Linda Harvey, AFA warn companies: gays not a good ‘employment risk’

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Linda Harvey, founder of the anti-gay Mission America, is working overtime to earn her “hate monger” badge, this time inviting Gary Glenn of the American Family Association (AFA) to her radio show to warn companies now to hire gay employees.

Linda Harvey and Gary Glenn

Glenn: What ridiculous folly to suggest that only those individuals who engage in homosexual behavior given all of its severe medical consequences constitute the best and the brightest. It’s not really bright to engage in behavior that puts you at dramatically higher risk of mental illness and substance abuse and AIDS and cancer and hepatitis, and according to various sources, premature death. So to suggest that engaging in that type of behavior defines someone as the best and brightest, which seems to be the line coming out of corporate America, is just ridiculous.

Harvey: You’re right. And higher rates of domestic violence and unstable relationships. I would not think of a homosexual person as a good employment risk, I just wouldn’t.

Previously, Harvey called the “It Gets Better Project” “wrong,” “evil” and “dark,” and it’s creator Dan Savage “a radical and vicious, vicious, vulgar, profane, anti-Christian,” and said marriage equality will lead to “a perpetual pansexual pagan party

The AFA, of course, has already earned it’s hate credentials, being labeled a “certified hate group” by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Archives: , , , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. furious and shared

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:07am
  2. suck a dick bitch! -_-

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:08am
  3. Wtf???

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:10am
  4. Really Linda? You know who probably cuts your hair? You know who designed those suits you wear? And that jewelry? Good job hun. Good job. ><

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:12am
  5. Lol so apparently we cause cancer now lol

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:13am
  6. There’s that word again. “Behavior”…It’s getting really annoying.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:14am
  7. It’s funny because all of those “unsafe” practices that homosexuals apparently engage in, heterosexuals do as well! Anal isn’t just for homos anymore :P

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:16am
  8. What a stupid bitch!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:19am
  9. oh, if nothing else she entertaining; really talking about mental health issues, this woman has it. I guess she is this generations Anita Bryant.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:24am
  10. I’ve just about fucking had it with these idiots saying that homosexuals are bad no matter what subject. Are they that fucking stupid or something!?! >=(

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:26am
  11. Sex-Starved, “No one will touch my frigid vagina so let’s take the rage out on homosexuals” dumb bitch # 3475

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:27am
  12. Ugh…just look at that smug mug. Bigoted behavior and Jackassery is the worst employment risk. My personnel manual categorizes HER behavior and speech as such. As an EMS Captain, I do the hiring and firing Ms. Harvey. I have 2 degrees, 20 commendation ribbons, 3 citation medals, an award for valor, one for honor, and hold Master Instructor certification. I’ve been a Flight Medic, SWAT Medic, and Critical Care Medic. I have family and friends who love me FOR who I am, not in SPITE of. You…seem to have nothing and are VERY unhappy. Who’s “behavior” has resulted in negative consequences here?

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:30am
  13. I’m the best employee in my department, but according to this bitch I’m terrible. What does that say about my 30 or so straight coworkers?

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:35am
  14. I don’t care if my coworkers are gay or straight as long as they do their job and I except the same respect.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:39am
  15. Where would the world be without our contributions to culture & the arts!? That’s just one example of our endless talent & creativity. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:44am
  16. I’m sure the bigger risk is getting targeted as an employer which does not follow the Equal Opportunity Employment act. Can we say, “lawsuit”?

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:46am
  17. Yes and straight people aren’t a risk, what about bold people? Thats a severe medical condition.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:48am
  18. I just took a peek at this woman’s web site…What a scared little girl she is..full of hate and fear!…unfortunately for us hate spreads like a virus…she hides behind bad theology and people just like her believe it to be true!!…The question is how does one fight ignorance that is shaded in black evil!..they are all so busy pointing their fingers of condemnation our way that they fail to see how wrong and heartless they are!!…this is frustrating and angers me to my core!!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:52am
  19. They know better than to listen to these loons.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 9:22am
  20. They’re still very mad(and foaming at the mouth) regarding our NY victory. I believe their hatred would suddenly disappear if their money flow did. They see money in perpetuating hatred towards a minority. When will their sheep learn to think for themselves? It seems to be taking way too long.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 9:27am
  21. ….there are no words that can fully describe the stupidity of those statements……..

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 9:44am
  22. Oh, look everybody…it’s another ignorant and hateful MORON we can add to the already long and rapidly growing list of morons.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 10:35am
  23. I find it so funny that they’re out there spreading their bile the same day Pres. Obama names an openly gay woman to the West Point advisory board. How’s that for a good employment risk?

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 2:41pm
  24. I work privately landscaping for people and made good money doing that. I did better then the straight people who worked under me. So I guess in her eyes I was wrong and bad at it. So the straight lazy ass people who worked less hours and put in less effort are better then me I guess… Great thinkin

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 4:02pm
  25. imbecile!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:40pm
  26. If you replaced gay with anything else like black or women there would be outrage on the news ugh.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:40pm
  27. imbecile

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:42pm
  28. GOD I HATE IGNORANCE

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:42pm
  29. lol…..probably 80% of the employees they have already hired are gay but haven’t come out yet….it’s their hardest workers!!!!! lmaooooooo…wake up my friends, wake up!!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:42pm
  30. People do not make sense anymore.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:43pm
  31. Wow. Just wow…

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:44pm
  32. Huh, that’s funny; I do my job just fine.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:46pm
  33. What a dumb ass

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:48pm
  34. I cant get a job anywhere now i see why

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:48pm
  35. Did this just happen?!? In good conscience, I’m going to resign, fire my attorney and accountant, and have a chat with my gynecologist. Then I’ll hire white republicans. One can’t be too careful. Wait, is this true for bi and trans persons too? Tsk…tsk…

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:50pm
  36. Yo why does our society run on old white steryotypical racist men ! ? !

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:53pm
  37. Look at that woman. How totally unhappy she looks. Actually, I feel sorry for her. She doesn’t seem to have known love and acceptance in her life, therefore, she can’t understand people who do have it in theirs.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:55pm
  38. You would hate too if you had a chewed up face and was as ugly as she is!! LOL!!She is just jealous of all the pretty gays!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:55pm
  39. we’d be seriously short o nurses in my experience anyway

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:56pm
  40. ignorance, dumb bitch. she will see one day that her granddaughter or grandson will be gay. then what will she do? belittle or deny him or her. im sorry but i sure do my job just fine, and they do say, gays are the hardest most proper people.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:56pm
  41. My own family doesnt accept me

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 6:57pm
  42. I think they resent me but oh well i am who i am

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:03pm
  43. So, amazing people like martin luther king get shot and killed for preaching acceptance, yet an evil bitch like this still stands preaching hate?

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:10pm
  44. @aldwin: my mother doesnt accept me as lesbian let alone transgender which i have recently came out of that closet but not to her yet.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:10pm
  45. If she looked at the black community she could also find that their population is also at higher risk for AIDS and premature death as well. Her logic is absolutely moronic.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:13pm
  46. My mother freaked because she was the last person i told @chynna

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:13pm
  47. Honestly i think she is in denial and hates all for it

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:14pm
  48. Actually, any minority has a higher risk for AIDS and premature death…like I said, moronic logic.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:15pm
  49. Realize that (up to) four heterosexual people are responsible for cursing the world with these two genetic rejects.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:15pm
  50. Why is anything not white a minority ? What is a majority anyway ?

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:18pm
  51. Hrm… Maybe we’re like that way as a minority because cunts like her keep trying to oppress us, make us feel unwelcome, and make us feel strange or different from the rest of society.
    What a lovely woman. We need to glitter bomb her house.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:18pm
  52. excuse me! both my siblings are straight AND I WORK THE HARDEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE MORE SUCCESSFUL THEN THEM!!!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:20pm
  53. Just so we all know, heterosexuals have more cases of HIV/AIDS, heteros love their anal sex too. One reason why homosexuals are stereotyped as not being able to keep a stable relationship comes from the constant torment of being told how we shouldn’t. Also, if I have read the bible correctly, these idiots are going to hell far before I do.

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:22pm
  54. sounds like ppl are startin to become more an more desperate to find some kind of reason why “gay” ppl are all around horrible ppl! This bitch needs a dildo or something…c’mon! What’s nxt…..we are the worst drivers??? Ignorant!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:28pm
  55. How sad and desperate they are

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:42pm
  56. From the time I came out, my mother went to her grave convinced I was “going through a phase” and the right girl would “cure” me .

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 7:58pm
  57. She’s a dangerous risk to everyone not like her and her ilk!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:04pm
  58. That was my mom~she was Catholic. Sure, kill the queers but let the Priests molest the kids….

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 8:58pm
  59. I’m sure linda lost her man from a gay guy! that’s why she hates them. hahaha

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 9:41pm
  60. There is no cure, because there is nothing wrong with gays. She is an incarnation of the ignorance and fear that pervades the minds of so many people. Really she’s no good!

Posted on Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 10:54pm
  61. this is dumb

Posted on Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 12:05am
  62. gay individuals create big revenue amongst many states with their events arts theatre dance,drinks,…how dare these mfs get ridiculous how dare they act like god on whose doing what in the world affecting it negatively allegedly someone has to play the enemy or their would be no good victories against these stupid people with the gay community…..anyway u go nyERS GUD GOING WIT THE REST U FACE

Posted on Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 9:40am
  63. “a perpetual pansexual pagan party”

WHERE?! My family and I would love to be a part! Oh, and consonance is a part of the gay agenda. Just thought I should mention. But really, what isn’t these days?

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 8:23pm
  64. >and cancer
    holy fucking shit, does she even have a damn brain?

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 12:28pm
  65. What the hell is this bitch’s problem?! seriously grow the fuck up! we are not going anywhere so she better get over her attitude.

Posted on Friday, September 16, 2011 at 8:29am