Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses — one for straight couples, one for same-sex couplesWednesday, February 10, 2016Critics say the move harkens back to the "separate but equal" days of the civil rights movement.
- Monday, December 28, 2015Matt Bevin looks to be inheriting a hefty legal bill for his state's failed attempts at blocking same-sex marriage.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015Kentucky's outgoing Democratic governor says the state will recognize the marriage licenses that county clerk Kim Davis altered because of her religious beliefs.
- Monday, October 12, 2015The candidates for attorney general squared off during an hourlong joint appearance on Kentucky Educational Television in Lexington.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015During an hour-long debate, Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Matt Bevin relentlessly pecked at each other with palpable relish.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015"Simply stated, Davis' role is a legal one — not a moral or religious one," Beshear's attorneys wrote in the court document
- Friday, July 10, 2015Casey Davis said he would go to jail before he resigned and vowed he would not issue any marriage licenses in Casey County after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriages in all 50 states.
- Thursday, July 9, 2015Kentucky's governor told a county clerk of court Thursday that he should either issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples or resign.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015It would cost about $60,000 a day to call the legislature back in session, and Beshear said there was no need to do that for an issue the Supreme court has settled.
- Friday, June 26, 2015Timothy Love was at the head of the line Friday with his same-sex partner of 35 years to obtain the marriage license he fought for in the courts.