Wednesday, January 28, 2015Thee Senate's top leader pushed for religious exemptions for some court officials from performing marriage duties, months after the state's same-sex marriage ban was struck down.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015State Rep. Paul “Skip” Stam, who was re-elected speaker pro tempore of the House on Wednesday, has announced that House leaders will hold a legislative briefing Jan. 28 on a proposed “religious freedom” bill.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014RALEIGH, N.C. — Gay rights advocacy groups Wednesday called on General Assembly leaders to take a stand on gay rights issues and respond to comments from a Republican lawmaker who called pedophilia and masochism sexual orientations…
Tuesday, June 24, 2014RALEIGH, N.C. -- As North Carolina lawmakers debated a proposal to prevent charter schools from discriminating against applicants based on sexual orientation, one representative suggested Tuesday that adult sexual attraction to children is a sexual orientation…
Wednesday, August 31, 2011RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina House Majority Leader Paul Stam (R) on Tuesday likened gay marriage to incest and polygamy, and announced that the state legislature aims to approve a ballot initiative seeking a constitutional amendment…
- House OKs protection for clergy refusing gay marriage
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption