- Saturday, April 19, 2014SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- A crop of Republican officials who wanted to oust former Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady for his statements supporting same-sex marriage have been replaced in their party positions.
- Tuesday, August 27, 2013CHICAGO -- The American Civil Liberties Union has hired a consulting firm started by the Illinois Republican Party's former chairman to help with efforts to legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013CHICAGO — A candidate for the chairmanship of the Illinois Republican Party who supports same-sex marriage has pulled out of contention for the post.
- Tuesday, May 7, 2013SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady resigned Tuesday, citing his wife's battle with cancer and his desire to focus on family after six tough years in Republican politics.
- Saturday, April 13, 2013TINLEY PARK, Ill. -- Tensions flared Saturday over who should lead an Illinois Republican Party grappling with internal divisions and fallout from a dismal showing in the 2012 elections.
- Friday, March 8, 2013SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Two Illinois Republicans are finding out that for all the talk nationally of the GOP becoming more inclusive and appealing to voters by softening stances on social issues, it's difficult to actually follow…
- Wednesday, January 2, 2013With support building for legislation that would give gay and lesbian couples in Illinois the freedom to marry, two prominent Republican Party leaders on Wednesday declared their support for the bill.