Saturday, July 26, 2014LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- A county clerk in New Mexico whose actions ultimately prompted the state Supreme Court to declare same-sex marriage legal statewide, says his office issued nearly 900 marriage licenses to gay couples in…
Sunday, January 12, 2014LAS CRUCES, N.M. — A southern New Mexico county clerk who faced a lawsuit for issuing same-sex marriage licenses is donating the remainder of his defense fund to a marriage equality advocacy campaign.
Saturday, September 14, 2013LAS CRUCES, N.M. — A southern New Mexico county clerk who is facing a challenge for his decision to issue same-sex marriage licenses has garnered close to $30,000 in donations.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Lynn Ellins stunned New Mexico last month when the county clerk decided to begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. But even he was shocked by the lack of public outrage or protest…
Friday, September 6, 2013LAS CRUCES, N.M. — The clerk of a New Mexico county who is facing a legal challenge over his decision to issue same-sex marriage licenses is seeking support for expenses.
Thursday, August 22, 2013LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- Seven couples were waiting outside when the Dona Ana County courthouse opened Thursday and more from across New Mexico and Texas were expected to flock to the border town as the country…
- Ellen praises Obama for his work on LGBTQ rights
- Georgia House OKs bill protecting clergy who refuse to perform same-sex weddings
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'