Thursday, February 14, 2013SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Illinois state Senate on Thursday approved a bill that would legalize marriage equality for same-sex couples.
Monday, February 4, 2013CHICAGO — Legislation legalizing same-sex marriage in Illinois is expected to come up in a Senate committee meeting Tuesday and could see a floor vote on Valentine's Day.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The chief sponsors of legislation in that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois plan to reintroduce the bill Wednesday shortly after the start of the 98th General Assembly, according to one of its…
Thursday, January 3, 2013Activists and lawmakers backing legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois are regrouping and recounting potential “yes” votes in the Illinois Senate after key members of the chamber reportedly said they will be absent from…
Wednesday, January 2, 2013Consideration of a bill that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois will no longer take place in a Senate committee of the Illinois General Assembly Wednesday night.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013Illinois State Sen. Heather Steans (D) said Tuesday a bill that would legalize same-sex marriage in Illinois will be heard by a Senate committee Wednesday night and a full Senate vote on a bill could come…
- Virginia state Senate passes protections for same-sex marriage opponents
- Ellen praises Obama for his work on LGBTQ rights
- Georgia House OKs bill protecting clergy who refuse to perform same-sex weddings
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples