GLAAD is a media monitoring organization which promotes the image of LGBT people in the media. Before March 2013, the name “GLAAD” had been the acronym for “Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation,” but became the primary name due to its inclusiveness of bisexual and transgender issues.
- Monday, May 2, 2016Hollywood films remained static in their inclusiveness of LGBT characters in 2015, but the racial diversity of those characters fell dramatically.
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016But anyone looking for reaction from the record labels and production companies on Nashville's Music Row has heard only the sound of silence.
- Sunday, April 3, 2016The awards honor those who further GLAAD's mission of ensuring that stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are heard through media outlets.
- Thursday, February 11, 2016We've raised hell and influenced the scope of national and state policies and politics. And we deserve better.
- Wednesday, January 27, 2016A record number of nominees feature transgender characters and subject matter.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2016A new poll suggests most Americans don't think the problems the LGBTQ community faces in 2016 are all that serious. Here's why that's a bad sign
- Sunday, May 10, 2015The awards honor those who further GLAAD's mission of ensuring that stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are heard through media outlets.
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015An annual study by GLAAD has found that Hollywood studios continue to lag in producing films representing gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, despite a slight improvement over the last year.
- Sunday, March 22, 2015"We can't say that we believe in each others' fundamental humanity and then turn a blind eye to the reality of each others existence and the truth of each others hearts."