Texas

Federal prosecutors charge Texas man with hate crime in attack on gay man

Friday, February 21, 2014
Arron Keahey

Arron Keahey was hospitalized for 10 days with skull and face fractures following the Sept. 2013 attack.

DALLAS — Federal prosecutors have charged a 19-year-old North Texas man of a hate crime for an attack that left a gay man hospitalized for 10 days with skull and face fractures.

Brice Johnson, 19, is accused of contacting Arron Keahey, 24, using using the mobile app MeetMe, and engaging in a conversation that turned sexual. Prosecutors say that Johnson invited Keahey man to his home, then began to beat him.

Brice Johnson

Brice Johnson

Prosecutors allege Johnson bound Keahey’s wrists, placed him in the trunk of his car and drove him to a family friend’s home. They say he eventually drove the victim to an EMS station.

The investigation revealed that on the night of the incident, Johnson saved Keahey’s cell phone number using a gay slur as a contact name, and Johnson later stated that he was playing a prank on the victim because of his sexual orientation, again using a gay slur when referring to Keahey.

The Labor Day attack left Keahey with broken facial bones that required plastic surgery. He also suffered nerve damage and had some teeth knocked out.

According to the complaint, Johnson, 19, of Springtown, Texas, was charged with willfully causing bodily injury to a person because of the actual or perceived sexual orientation of the victim. Johnson could face 10 years in prison if convicted under federal hate crime law.

A crowd-funding page has been established to assist Keahey with his medical expenses.

Archives: , , ,

Filed under: Texas, [ Trending ]

1. Disgusting! What an animal! Treat each other like you would want to be treated!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:12am
  2. When is this EVER the right thing to do?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:12am
  3. Oh my god !!!!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:12am
  4. OMG :’(

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:13am
  5. Looks like they both need to be prayed for. I hope his punishment fits the crime!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:13am
  6. Being that it’s Texas, I’m surprised they didn’t charge the victim.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  7. you are a moron who has never lived in Texas, please provide me evidence to prove your assumption

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:34am
  8. Um, let's see....Rick Perry, GOP, HIGHEST EXECUTION rate in the country. Should I continue?

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:34pm
  9. Only 10??

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  10. This is awful.. I hope the guy who did this will be punished for hated crime.. This is totally unacceptable behavior from 19 years old guy from Texas.. I pray for this victim’s fully recovery…

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  11. Why did it take so long to bring charges?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  12. good send him to prison and let him get butt f`ed for years till his colon falls out

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  13. That poor guy….. :’(

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  14. Give him the death penalty. Fry that sick hatful fucker people who inflict pain on this level deserve nothing but the electric chair

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:14am
  15. How bout just sliding barbed wire down his urethra ...that'll make him sorry.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:46am
  16. Suzy TROLL!!

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:58am
  17. Troll has no point. We are better than them. They beat people up due to something they were born with, they get beat up because they are assholes and worthless to society. Everyone has a reason, ours is simply better and justified. And David she's not a troll, just an idiot.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:12am
  18. Even worse: Give him a Black man's charge! That'll fix him. He might go and marry a man for the rest of his life, in prison!

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:06am
  19. I would rather hope he becomes another inmates bitch in a prison cell.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:08am
  20. I am all for life without parole. Eventually, in the darkness of his cell, he is going to realize that he is never getting out. In that moment, knowing that death is years away, he will know hell. That is enough for me...

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:26am
  21. Vanessa, You're name is awesome...Just saying~October

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:15am
  22. Also, I wouldn't kill the guy, Just drop him off on an island by himself so he can think about what he did. Leave him there long enough to realize what he did wrong. ~October

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:16am
  23. So sad that people are this hateful! I think the person responsible for this needs to put to death! Anyone that can do this to someone that did absolutely nothing to him, is capable of so much worse!!!! I hope this guy gets better soon! I hope he can face his attacker in a courtroom and watch that POS dot there in handcuffs and knowing what’s going to happen to him in prison!!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:15am
  24. i'm confused, what do you mean?

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:15am
  25. ((((

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:16am
  26. Disgusting

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:16am
  27. I hope they make that bastard rott in hell and while he is in there let Bubba have his way with him as often as Bubba wants or needs

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:16am
  28. Horrible way to treat anyone!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:16am
  29. Now maybe the hate crime laws can be put to full use, punishing this disgusting little bigoted punk to the limit of the law.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:16am
  30. Sounds Christian to me now let him learn that whole eye for an eye thing

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:17am
  31. Why should Johnson pay the bills... I hope he stands in front of a federal judge and not a Texas jury...

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:02am
  32. Please notice that these are federal charges. I am quite sure my home town (Dallas) would not have even cared about this.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:17am
  33. The court should make Brice Johnson pay all his medical bills!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:17am
  34. I cried heading this. People suck smh.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:17am
  35. This is what anti gay homophobes do to us beat us or kill us discriminate and promote hate!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:18am
  36. :(

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:18am
  37. Next, Arizona will make it legal to pull this kind of shit as long as you give a religious reason for it.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:19am
  38. It's sad that I can actually see them doing that.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:06am
  39. Sad….

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:20am
  40. Love to see this sick POS spend many years in prison, hopefully getting abused on a daily basis.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:21am
  41. John M. Bentley II Houston is actually very queer friendly, so lets not marginalize all of Texas.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:21am
  42. Texas is NOTHING like NY or NJ or ANYWHERE in the northeast or West Coast/Hawaii....there are a lot of UNEDUCATED SOUTHERN a-holes (MEN) who talk out of their ass.....state a bunch of BS about gay men...when they don't walk in their shoes....and shack up in trailers with ho-bags with ALSO, no education. I agree there are good people down there, Jose...but they are NOT tolerant, BY FAR compared to the areas I mentioned.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:00pm
  43. This is what happens when a state defies the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution by denying same-sex couples the civil right of civil marriage. It sends a strong message (supported by the leaders of the Republican/Tea Party,fundamentalist "Christian" tax-exempt churches, tax-exempt Catholic Church, tax-exempt Mormon Church, Fox "News," the "Christian" Broadcasting Network, the Catholic Channel) to ignorant and hateful people that being gay is not inborn, unnatural, and anti-family and God, and gays and gay families need to be punished.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:11pm
  44. i hope that jerk gets raped in the shower for doing this , people are getting ridiculous .

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:22am
  45. I hope he gets ten years and then some. Imagine what such a horrid person could do to a woman or child because of something simple. Disgusting

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:22am
  46. OMG

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:22am
  47. That boy is a potential serial killer. We don’t need another Jeffery Dahmer.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:23am
  48. ...actually people who make an association with pleasure and intense anger (as in, there one in the same) tend to be more likely to be serial killers

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:35am
  49. Get well soon hope you make a speedy recovery , im sorry for what happened to you but I do not apologize for the person who did it ! but im sorry someone attacked you ….. just focus on getting well <3

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:23am
  50. I pray for this innocent person who was involved in this heinous crime will recover…..you have the love and support from a whole “community” and I hope they get the bastard who was behind this hate and senseless hurt. This person must have such hate in his heart and I will say a prayer that he never sees daylight again! May the make him a man in jail and he never walks again..an eye for an eye….praying for your recovery!!!! Stay strong my friend!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:24am
  51. Prayer? Its because of YOUR fucking religion this happened shit for brains! Its YOUR religion that causes our innocent brothers and sisters to be beaten and left for dead! Its YOUR religion that passes bills allowing businesses to discriminate against us! Christians make me sick! I HATE every last one of you so don't waste your simpering little prayers when this happened because people like YOU use religion as an excuse to spread hate

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:32am
  52. says the cunt who doesn't think hate crimes are a real thing

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:07am
  53. lol your rage fits are the best

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:48am
  54. I am surprised anyone in Texas gives a shit. Good news qat last.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:25am
  55. They should put him in a cell with bubba

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:25am
  56. give him a death sentence

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:27am
  57. Ah yes what a large generalization, calling everyone who is saying death penalty a moron. Why should we want people like this man in our world? Going around nearly killing someone like that due to their sexuality is bullshit. Why are you even on this page if all you're doing is arguing with the LGBT community???

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:15am
  58. No. No. I know this guy who name is Arron k. I think he deserve it. I am gay but don’t get me wrong. Arron deserve it. I learned. He pay a straight guy for sex and never stop pressure any guys. My friend was taped by Arron K. I’m sorry to say. But he. Deserve that.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:28am
  59. How much do you all want to bet the hate filled sack of shit is a Christ Tard? I PROMISE if we execute every last Christian, the world WILL know peace. I am SICK of reading shit like this happening to innocent people while religious PSYCHOPATHS walk away scott free

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:28am
  60. I disagree, killing every Christian just because of their belief, will make us no better than those that do shit like this. We need more laws that will protect gays from crimes like this. And we need to have same-sex marriage legalize, so it can be less of an issue.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:23am
  61. ok Chris Homsley lets test your logic lets see so your saying that Christianity is the reason people hate/kill others ok so your basically saying native American tribes never once raided and killed other tribes(before colonists came) African tribes never took slaves from other tribes(before colonists came) and vikings never pillaged and plundered because they were not christian right? wow its seems Ive found the reincarnation of Hitler, man the holocaust brought about peace didnt it, and if your gonna say it was affiliated with Christianity, it wasn't it was a cult based of viking and Celtic beliefs (those of witch were violent at least) grow up and judge people by there actions, not by there affiliation with a group, you my friend just hate religion period. i honestly don't care if your atheist christian , gay ect, but attacking people or their beliefs for no reason sounds just like what Brice Johnson did(insert conspiracy theory here ooooh aww)

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:29am
  62. paragraphs you illiterate motherfucker...try them some time. And yes, you bet your ass I hate religion, how long did it take you to put those pieces together neanderthal?

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:31am
  63. Tape * as. Rape. Sorry text typo

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:28am
  64. At a loss for words with a very heavy heart. Love, hugs and prayers to his survivors. (From austin Texas)

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:31am
  65. die you worthless cunt

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:33am
  66. death penalty to the pos attacker..or life with bubba.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:34am
  67. Fellow gay folks….. with Christian leaders calling for our death on a daily basis please be careful. These people now feel they have the right to do things like this. At least two states have tried to pass laws that leave us with out any rights what so ever. Please don’t let being Horney put your life in danger. The times are different and people hate us now and feel they are supported by their religion. Peace and be careful/

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:34am
  68. Chris Homsley I’m a bisexual Christian. I’m disgusted by what that man did and I know plenty of Christians who would be. Please don’t spread propaganda to murder my friends and I know for our religion.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:34am
  69. Then as an atheist homosexual, may I ask you good Christians to police the hateful rhetoric being espoused in your churches, There's your propaganda.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:11am
  70. Who is all of you, you are talking about Suzy? Atheist are inclusive of gays. Christians teach that homosexuality is sin. If that's seeing the bad, then I'm guilty.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:38am
  71. shouldn't we be more concerned about his health then who hurt who (not saying that beating anyone should go unpunished)

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:07am
  72. Oh, the attacker needs to receive serious years in prison and hard labor. Why are these thugs always from Texas? My prayers and love to the victim.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:34am
  73. you've never been to Texas have you, trust me it not the wild wild west down here any more

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:53am
  74. Suzy u are a cunt on at least 6 levels fuck off.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:37am
  75. Good lord. How does a person become such a monster?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:37am
  76. Terrible… =/ and see guys they use slurs to make them feel hurt. slurs are slurs. That guy needs prison for life.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:38am
  77. Christian leader just this week formed a coalition to encourage anti gay laws around the world. So please dont say it isn’t religion because it is.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:38am
  78. I can't argue. People feel they have the power to take a life because of their significant difference. What may appear to be a flaw may be a gift.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:17am
  79. He will get what he deserves in prison!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:41am
  80. This was pressed by federal laws. So the answer would be that no Texas doesn’t care. I live there.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:42am
  81. Suzy; I give a shit not how ALL Texans hate or who.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:42am
  82. Suzy what are you smoking?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:42am
  83. I wish a mother fucker would . (San Antonio)

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:43am
  84. He deserves to be charged with a hate crime. Fucking degenerate bastard.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:43am
  85. I hope they take care of you in jail ya pric#%!#k……..Chicago.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:44am
  86. FRY THE POS, WE DON’T NEED PEOPLE LIKE THAT ON EARTH.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:45am
  87. So sad, wickedness walking around

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:47am
  88. Sickening.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:48am
  89. From the looks of the victim, definitely a hate crime… attempted murder…

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:48am
  90. Trolls our as usual with nothing to say

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:48am
  91. Sorry but that is spitting hairs we need to rid ourselves of religions from 2000 years ago. Religion kills people dead. Go get some weed and stop defending crazy bible folks. I am sick to death of them. they are evil these days end of story.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:52am
  92. I am anti death penalty or torture those are Republican causes.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:55am
  93. its almost laughable how you decide on your beliefs, Republican causes pfft. you should be more worried about how it is carried out than what political affiliation its associated with then make a decision

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:00am
  94. Far from it.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:56am
  95. establish ground rules for using mobile and computer apps for picking up strangers, this is the dark side of ‘dating apps’ I feel really sorry for the poor guy in the hospital.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:57am
  96. meet in public, if you feel unsafe leave, its all common sense really. I never use dating apps there are to many sick people around

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:08am
  97. I can take care of myself, if a attacker tries to do this to me, he will find me hard to beat up

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:16am
  98. everybody has steel in the core of their person it is just a question of finding it

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:32am
  99. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/the-hard-liners

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:44am
  100. That bastard should be beaten twice as bad! Biggoted, coward1

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:57am
  101. Hope justice is served!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:59am
  102. I am Texan and a biker, I have plenty of bikers that would like to get a hold of the punk that did this, including myself.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:00am
  103. Keep up the hate talk, people, see who else you can get hurt.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:00am
  104. Cut his dyck and balls off then throw him in jail

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:01am
  105. Spelled that way to avoid facebook spanking keep your fu*kin rude arsr comments to yurself biayatch

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:17am
  106. Your a pissy little boy or girl i never wish to know, you give fags a bad name

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:35am
  107. a gift from am..churches….

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:01am
  108. This is what your “religion” has done! You know who you are!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:03am
  109. I too agree that religion is something that should be kept private. It does belong in public schools or government! It’s not fair to those that believe in other faiths! I’m glad that we have hate crime laws but I hope in my lifetime I will see people put to death over things like this!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:04am
  110. why? I want this abusive person off the streets! Gay or not the guy did not deserve this abuse! The sick POS will do it to someone else one day!

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:31am
  111. i'm sorry i think the death penalty is better than my tax dollars supporting his ass and then he gets out and then kills someone

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:10am
  112. how do you figure that? I support the death penalty for those that harm others, plain and simple!!!!

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:23am
  113. how is it not fair? are you putting one persons beliefs above some one else`s, that in its self does not seem fair to me, im Jewish when people wish me merry Christmas, i dont get offended ,in fact im happy that people are wishing good will towards one another, if people stopped doing that this world would become a dead place

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:54am
  114. Suzy took time to look at my page so obviously has nothing else to do. Again trolls with nothing to do.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:07am
  115. Good on Texas. Why the language?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:07am
  116. Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas) urged Americans to realize that God “wrote the Constitution” and predicted an upcoming “awakening” – so we can just marginalize most of Texas

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:09am
  117. i think he was saying that our rights do not come from man, they come from the creator (not god the Constitution its self says the creator not, god) who or what ever brought us into this world, if we get our rights from man, then our leaders could make it like north Korea and the non existent rights the actual people have there, if saying that men(kings,politicians ect ) give us our rights then they can also take them away, if that makes any sense

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:50am
  118. It’s time we made lgbt bashing exceptionally unpopular by locking those who do it up for as long as possible imo.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:09am
  119. A good place to start. This is however a war. The man pictured has been injured in a war. He was injured by someone who has been encouraged to hate. They are the same entities who have encouraged, in the same way, governments overseas; who are as we speak waging violent war on lgbt people in their countries. It is the same hate; the same scapegoating; the same brutality, theft and murder, here or abroad. These are the people who are to blame: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html?_r=0

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:29am
  120. http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/winter/the-hard-liners

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:45am
  121. good night sugar tits

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:45am
  122. This is sick. And it pisses me off that hes using that bullshit excuse that he was only “playing a prank”. Fuck you, bashing someones head in, leaving them hospitalized while calling them gay slurs is not a prank. People like this really make me hate humanity.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:11am
  123. Are you high or just bored. Cause you seem to be replying to everyone. But yes, that is what makes me hate humanity. Is the fact that they're are people who keep repeating the same crimes and discrimination again and again.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:19am
  124. its almost the definition of insanity reacting the same way over and over and expecting different results, yeah something needs to be done diffrently, but narrowing it down to a obtainable goal seems intangible

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:03am
  125. This is so scary

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:11am
  126. Suzy you are so wrong about this. Have fun everyone. She is a lost cause and will eventually get tired and go away. Cheers

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:13am
  127. Vanessa Fluttershy Labreche Murder is almost always a negative act. We should at least try to rehabilitate such bigots, or lock them up for good. Its just if we become violent, it will only hurt the LGBT cause

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:18am
  128. Okay Larry, this hate crime is not condoned by the majority of Christians. Don’t get this confused.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:19am
  129. Just snuff out your queer feelings by beating the shit out of someone. You’re still gay! I hope you get 10 years at least! Men in prison will help you get in touch with your gay side.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:19am
  130. What an interesting notion. Have you been diagnosed with Narcissistic personality disorder or is that just a quirk? I think spreading hate, wether online, in a church, around the dining room table, could lead to people harming other people. Is your specialty abrasion?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:21am
  131. Ten years is not enough.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:23am
  132. Good……evil coward

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:24am
  133. Weather we use app’s or not. Just being gay and open will put you at risk of getting killed. And why should gays have to stop hooking up online. Why don’t homophobic, insecure, assholes just not kill and beat up gay people just because they’re gay?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:26am
  134. Have a good life Suzy.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:26am
  135. Fuck the haters

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:27am
  136. Damn homophobes. Same love and equality is really what the world needs.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:27am
  137. I am so saddened by this and I hope the boy heals and can have his life back throw away the key for the attacker put him in the same cell with bubba

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:29am
  138. I can’t believe someone could hold so much hate against someone to cause this… Please keep this monster off the street.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:29am
  139. Well said Larry Jackson

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:29am
  140. Sobre esta barbarie es que los artistas deben opinar.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:30am
  141. Just block her so you don’t have to read her filth and ignorance

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:32am
  142. Just think: had this been in Arizona, the hospital would have just asked him to leave.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:34am
  143. i highly doubt that even if its Arizona

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:36am
  144. I am so sorry for all your suffering. Heal quickly.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:35am
  145. time for Gays too to Stand Our Ground when our lives are threatened like this!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:37am
  146. This is heart breaking :( and cruel… It’s 2014 when will all this hate go away!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:38am
  147. Maximum sentence!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:41am
  148. Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:41am
  149. Read up there sweetness.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:42am
  150. That fucker needs life in prison!!!!! I’m just disgusted

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:42am
  151. Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:43am
  152. All I know of Christianity is pain mentally and yes physically it is a group of hateful people who feels joy in making others feel less than human Christian’s are not believers this is a group that cherry picks what they need to make points in arguments believers wouldn’t need name calling facts are Christian’s feel threatened by gays churches now hire lobbyists to take the hatred to Washington because they’re faithless if they had faith they would let God take over but for the most part they’re faithless cowards.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:46am
  153. Smh

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:46am
  154. I’m aggravated that he may only get ten years when people literally defend themselves causing lesser injuries, yet they get 25 to life.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:47am
  155. Gross lies to what end?

Jimenez’s reaction to the “Concerned Citizen” letter is typical of his reporting style. The letter-writer’s anonymity and lack of any actual evidence regarding McKinney’s sex life doesn’t appear to raise any red flags for Jimenez, who assumes that this anonymous tipster has revealed long-concealed truths about the Shepard case.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:47am
  156. Sickening :(

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:49am
  157. Sick bastards!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:52am
  158. You did that isn’t it time to move on there Suzy. Just a thought.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:53am
  159. 40 years under the jail.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:54am
  160. 10 years??? And that is because of a hate crime statute? What was he going to get otherwise – 1 year? How about 12 1/2 to 25

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:57am
  161. Why is it so hard for people to live and let live? I will never understand.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:58am
  162. I don’t know. Sometimes the flippant type don’t know when to cool their asses down. When they get hurt, then they want the world to kiss their ass. If it were me, I’d plead sexual harassment or homophobia. People got to realize that being gay isn’t a curse, but shouldn’t impose their beliefs on straight individuals.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:02am
  163. Perp should have the shit beat out of him!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:03am
  164. Still: Dating online does have an implicit caveat emptor.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:04am
  165. You’ve made a LOT of blanket statements and assumptions, which don’t help you sound intelligent ad actually make you seem rather intellectually challenged and ignorant. It does seem like you’re just trying to be incendiary. Your lack of respect for education makes it hard for me to take most of what you said seriously. And while you were talking about psychology, you actually USED a field of psychology to attempt to prove your point, I doubt that was intentional, but I have no way of knowing.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:06am
  166. And how do we control it? Education doesn’t seem to be working.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:08am
  167. this blood is on the hands of the christian Texas Taliban. They spread hatred and inflame others capable of this sick violence.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:12am
  168. Jamie Arquillo-Zimmerman Actually, it costs more of our tax dollars for him to be on Death Row than for him to be in jail for life.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:17am
  169. He needs to be put up under the jail

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:18am
  170. Just to be clear, they charged the assailant, right?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:19am
  171. god’s love?

pro-life?

I think NOT.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:21am
  172. Not all texans suck. I promise

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:23am
  173. Oh, how awful….

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:25am
  174. The attacker is not a man he is a huge coward!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:28am
  175. The school system needs a serious revamping.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:31am
  176. he needs to spend 10 yrs for what he has done………..

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:37am
  177. So unbelievably wrong on so many areas; what went wrong in this 19-year-old man’s life?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:39am
  178. Christianity teaches hate the sin not the sinner. The problem is that we have a lot of Christians making a huge deal out of homosexuality and no other sins despite “all sins being equal” being used as an excuse to say how homosexuals are paedophiles and equal to murderers. I’m not heterosexual and refused to be taught to hate myself once it actually became a thing. Christianity also teaches that you should love everyone unconditionally; people are just shit at applying that to actual life.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:44am
  179. Suzy, I just laughed hard. (Pun intended)

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:46am
  180. it’s about time

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:47am
  181. That attacker is a big coward & a asshole

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:48am
  182. Well hopefully he will get a good dose of abuse in prison.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:50am
  183. I hope he gets put in jail and has some real fun. It really angers me when people beat up other people, did it change the gay man from being gay? How could it have made the guy better by beating an innocent man living his life. Grow up people

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:51am
  184. God is watching these rotten Bs .He will fix them in time .On this side of the dirt or under the dirt,

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:55am
  185. Let a Gay or lez do this and they would thow the book at us hmmm what is wrong with this world..

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:56am
  186. God Bless You

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:58am
  187. This man is a friend of mine and this attack took place in a small town here in TX by where I live. So I for one am glad that Brice Johnson is being charged and hopefully will be sentenced to the full 10 years. If any of you on here actually knew the whole story he deserves much more than 10 years!!!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:01am
  188. I am so sorry for your friend!

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:48am
  189. Yes, I am so sorry to hear about this...hopefully justice will be served.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 10:35am
  190. 10 years isn't enough for such a brutal attack.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:31pm
  191. sorry for you also...peace.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:21pm
  192. Oh and Suzy. I’m glad you said that you didn’t BLAME THE VICTIM!! Because he did NOTHING to deserve this. He nearly died and has permanent damage due to this attack. No one deserves to be attacked like this!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:08am
  193. I actually want to know the full story. Bill D. Bishop

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:10am
  194. Well most of what the article has is correct. They don’t tell u that he kept Arron in the trunk beaten up in and out of consciousness nearly dead for about 3 hours. He drove him around for awhile in Arron’s car! After a “family friend” evidently refused to help him he eventually took him to the fire station. Arron still suffers and probably will for the rest of his life physically. Not to mention the emotional trauma from this experience

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:16am
  195. I hope justice is served. I wonder if the victim gave consent to have a picture of him taken. How anyone could do this to someone.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:17am
  196. He knows about the picture. And it’s use Michael

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:18am
  197. I will say this… The article mentioned in closing that a find was set up to help Arron. If anyone really wants to help him that is the way to do it. His medical bills are over $100k and rising and the crime victims fund only pays so much of it and hospital has already given him a discount as well. There is a link in the article to the fund

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:21am
  198. Lock him away for life in an insane asylum.
    That kind of poorly controlled rage over something as silly as someone else’s sexual orientation is a danger to the general public, and shouldn’t be allowed free in the streets. There’s no way the attacker is sane.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:27am
  199. Omg if I ever find out who this person is he’s going to find out what a massacre really is with pictures posted online of him

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:40am
  200. So many prayers and so much love and peace to this man who is suffering may there be a fund to help him with his rehabilitation, may that disgusting hater get what he deserves.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:44am
  201. look it up cunt it was all over the news. I have no reason to make things up even though they sound that way. Like the laws they tried to pass in KS and AZ

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:49am
  202. This should NEVER happen… :(

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:52am
  203. Are you being a jerk? Don't be a jerk. I was just thinking "out loud." Sorry for being openly sympathetic. Sheesh.

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:42am
  204. This poor excuse.
    For a human being should definitely go to prison, how evil can you be to do this to another person? This should never, never happen is right. Shame on your parents, your family & you are a pitiful person.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:56am
  205. i am in control of me, my parents may have shaped me somewhat into who i am now, but i make my own choices (the attacker made the decision to assault another human being not the parent) blaming the parents for this is wrong, not to mention his siblings

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:42am
  206. Let’s just fast track this and send the mother f#@cker to the electric chair.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:57am
  207. ( + ) your asshole at home ( O ) Your asshole in prison! Now how’s gay? Id rather be a faggot than someone’s bitch!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:05am
  208. Where are the parents of the attacker? They should be brought into this as well. That boy didn’t get that awful all by himself.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:12am
  209. Of course the perpetrator, Brice Johnson, is a closet case. Just look at his photo! Fucking pretty boy coward.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:16am
  210. punish him BIGTIME

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:20am
  211. should do him same way done this man when hes better let him do to

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:36am
  212. death penalty

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:47am
  213. I think the punk that did this will have some butt hurt when he gets to prison.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:53am
  214. Thanks Amy Being gay kind of helps you to not let idiots bother you. I fell pity for the most part. These days are very historic and with that comes growing pains. People that think they know it all are sad because the more you know the more you understand how much you don’t know. So people like this ugly bitch are just waisted air. My main hope would be that she doesn’t reproduce. The world has plenty of abuse children.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:00am
  215. Isaac you are so right about some part of Texas. Dallas,houston, San Antonio and Austin are all very blue but with people like Abbott looking to be our next Gov. we really done have room to say we have changed as a state. The GOP/bagger are still driving the ship.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:02am
  216. im an independent i don't care what political party is in office. your bound to find sleaze bags in any political party, selecting people based on what they will do and have done ect

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:16am
  217. So killing some one because they are a different color and you are a KKK member is the same as killing your wife’s lover after catching them in bed. Is that the same??????

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:11am
  218. It is only fair to look at the motivation behind the crime.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:12am
  219. Glad to see some justice against an ignorant hater.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:14am
  220. Karma is a BITCH, this kid will get his in time, sooner or later !

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:15am
  221. So sad.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:19am
  222. So sad. Wish big sentence for this guy.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:28am
  223. give him the max with no chance of parole.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 5:30am
  224. Where does this kind of hate, towards somebody that did you no harm, come from?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:03am
  225. why waste the time and energy trying to figure it out, the best thing you can do is to be an example to your peers

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:52am
  226. May god help you though this

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:03am
  227. And those who did this feel that the bible justifies this type of action….. Next time, carry a gun with you and shoot their asses.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:05am
  228. Karma is a bitch I know her all to well and with the rule of three this biget will get his in prison and I hope all the bubbas make him their bitch !!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:08am
  229. I agree the death penalty is in order.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:10am
  230. What would happen if a bunch of Gay guys beat the shit out of straight people because we do not like that lifestyle?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:15am
  231. we would still be in a shit hole

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:50am
  232. RELIGION KILLS

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:20am
  233. people kill people

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:55am
  234. Are you not familiar with the truth that “Hate is taught, we are not born with it.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:31am
  235. Haha, so much for freedom of speech. Guess if my opinions don’t coincide with yours, you just delete them. Gotta love FB losers, man.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:36am
  236. I hope they throw the book at the animal that did this. What a coward his is.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:45am
  237. I hope the asshole that did this to this poor guy gets the same thing done to him in jail although 10 thousand times worse period.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:45am
  238. I hope they don’t change the charges!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:55am
  239. Gay couples either know their Church does wedding or not. The USA would never allow a church to be sued. Moot point. Now they are trying to basically have the right to deny us services to just about anything if the owner doesn’t want to serve us. Marriage is a civil contract issued by the state. There is no reason to involve a Church. Separate but equal doesn’t fly. As far a political affiliation you are delusional if you think there is ever a reason for a gay man to vote GOP/baggers in the current climate.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 6:57am
  240. i can vote any way i want, i did not tell any one to vote any way, seeing as i can not express my opinion by treating the lgbt community as i would any one else equally (ohh they removed my post what ever) screw this page, i hope the best for Arron Keahey .

Replied on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:07am
  241. Omg…

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:13am
  242. What the hell is wrong with people?

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:14am
  243. justice now

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:19am
  244. Key word.. Federal

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 7:29am
  245. Lock him up, he will be real popular… Lol

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:35am
  246. They need to do something for him doing this???

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:46am
  247. oh!!!1 i’m so sorry

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:50am
  248. So sorry for the hate you’ve experienced. Just remember many more are sending love your way.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 8:56am
  249. The poor guy. Swift recovery, I hope. Swifter Texas justice, too.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 9:04am
  250. I knew it woudn’t be Texas charging the man.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 9:13am
  251. Thanks isaac Cohen for your insight……the only reason I am here in Texas is to be here with family when I had my kidney transplant…..now that I have now been transplanted…..I don’t know yet if I’m going to make Texas my home…too Republican here for me and still very homophobic….I know it is everywhere unfortunately, but even more so in the area I’m in….but o don’t have the energy anymore so I just let people ramble on at the mouth and spew all the hate they want …and actually they look so stupid when they do!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 9:36am
  252. Shame! :( <3

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 10:56am
  253. Omg :(

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 11:00am
  254. 10 years is definitely too little time in prison for him.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 11:07am
  255. This need to stop ,gays are people too ,they are not going anywhere.person that did should be I email.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 11:14am
  256. This monster who did this deserves to be put to death. The sooner the better. Nothing else is sufficient.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 11:29am
  257. Hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:07pm
  258. they better convict him,and give him more than 10,us gays should not have to take that shit,i am praying for the victim,and if anyone was to that to me,they better be sure i stay down,because when i get back up,its on and poppin

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:30pm
  259. bout fucking time the 21st century came to the whole morronic south!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 12:36pm
  260. I hope while in jail, he becomes someone’s bitch!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:05pm
  261. ONLY 10 years for kidnapping, hate crime, and assault??

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:06pm
  262. The attacker should be killed and sodomized first before his death!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 1:57pm
  263. Wow that’s horrible

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:17pm
  264. And everyone else I hope you burn in hell and die

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:18pm
  265. Horrendous! Sickening! 10 yrs in a US prison isn’t enough–too cushy.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:20pm
  266. Completely devastated.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:24pm
  267. we are still living in the dark ages, you would think by now at this time table that this shit would stop, but its a breeder problem inside work, get it…sorry guy for the attack I hope you feel better and get some justice

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:30pm
  268. That’s horrible what a loser!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 2:43pm
  269. wowww

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:10pm
  270. Give him life in jail .

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:33pm
  271. what a load of BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!! he deserves to rot in hell!!!! the man who is being charged that is!!!!!

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:40pm
  272. sick fucktard who did this

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:05pm
  273. HE SHOULD GET THE BOOK THREW AT HIM

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:09pm
  274. ya, he needs the time. I read the article about the ariz. pending law. Holy shit what a bunch of goofs. I boycotted watching the games cause of Russia’s stance on gays wtf, same kind of crazy is going on just south of my border. wow

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:33pm
  275. the perp will be “turned out”…in due time. Bet on it. And….he’ll learn to dig it.

Posted on Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 4:53pm