North Carolina

Bullied 11-year-old ‘brony’ clings to life following suicide attempt

Boy "teased mercilessly," called gay over his love of "My Little Pony"
Wednesday, February 5, 2014

RALEIGH, N.C. — An 11-year-old boy clings to life and may have suffered brain damage following a suicide attempt last month.

Family members say Michael Morones was repeatedly bullied at school and called gay because he was a fan of the children’s television cartoon “My Little Pony.”

Michael Morones

Michael Morones

Michael-Morones-2

Michael’s mother, Tiffany Morones-Suttle, told WTVD-TV in Raleigh that her son was teased mercilessly over his love for the show, that although it has a predominantly female audience, also draws male enthusiasts of all ages who are referred to as “bronies.”

His stepfather, Shannon Suttle, said, “Michael was upset because the kids were calling him gay for liking a girls’ TV show. His mom and I, well, we told him that it didn’t matter what other people think. It only matters what he thinks.”

Michael’s favorite “My Little Pony” character is Pinkie Pie, a hyper excitable pony.

His parent say that Michael, who has ADHD and rarely sits still for a minute, feels a connection to bouncy Pinkie Pie.

“He’s the kid that never walks. He dances everywhere,” his mother says. “He’s so full of energy. He’s always on the move.”

“A few weeks ago, Michael told us he wanted to take the bus straight home after school, instead of going to the boys and girls club with the other kids,” Suttle told Carrie Goldman, a Chicago-based freelance writer and author. “And at the time, we thought it was because he wanted a chance to have the TV to himself for a couple hours before his brothers came home.“

Michael has a 13-year-old brother and a 5-year-old brother, and since the family has only one television, the boys often to argue over what they watch.

“But now,” Suttle said quietly, “I wonder about why he wanted to come home instead of being with the other kids. He said to us that the other kids were telling him he was gay for loving Pinkie Pie and they were trying to make him feel ashamed for being gay. We said that we didn’t care if he was gay or straight; he was our son and we would love him.”

On Jan. 23, Michael had another rough day at school. That night, his parents found him hanging from the top rail of his bunk bed.

Now, Michael continues to cling to life and his parents say his prognosis is uncertain.

“We won’t know for months how much is going to heal,” his mother said. “It could even be years before we find out what potential for healing he has.”

Fans of the show have donated money to help pay his medical bills, and there is a “Michael Morones Recovery Fund” on gofundme.com, which has raised over $50,000 as of Wednesday evening.

Members of the show’s cast have also recorded personal messages for Michael’s parents to play for him.

Archives: , , , ,

Filed under: North Carolina, [ Trending ]

1. Very sad

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:09am
  2. (((( <3 ))))

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:10am
  3. Aww thats sad

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:10am
  4. :( Jesus. Why can’t that poor kid just love what he loves.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:10am
  5. 11!! People, WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR KIDS TODAY!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:10am
  6. Sorry, but that’s a bit ridiculous if the kid watches My Little Pony.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:10am
  7. You're no better than the bullies then.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  8. Congratulations, you are part of the problem.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  9. I've been bullied all my life. But, I know what goes too far, and the propaganda that follows these articles. I'm not saying it's okay for the bullies to do so. I'm not on the damn bullies side. I was suicidal too, however, there's more to the story than the article is leading on.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  10. I'M NOT SAYING BECAUSE HE WATCHES THE SHOW. IT'S RIDICULOUS THAT HE WAS BULLIED BECAUSE OF IT

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  11. damn people.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  12. As a Brony, I have been following this since it happened, the article pretty much nailed it on the head.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  13. That's the kind of thinking that got him in such a dire situation. People love what they love, and you shouldn't judge them for it.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  14. Oh my god, I'M GAY TOO. Jesus christ people. I'm not saying this against the KID... I'm saying this against the bullies!!! Jesus christ!!!!!!!

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  15. it is exactly that type of attitude that filters down to kids from adults and results in this type is bullying...the kids get it from somewhere and you Blayke just proved the point. Who cares what the kid is watching as long as he's not hurting anyone. At least it's not some crazy violent video game. I'd take a sensitive kid any day over one who wants to punch your lights out and steal your purse!

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:21am
  16. I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but everybody took what I said the WRONG WAY. I said it AGAINST the bullies! Who cares what the fucking kid watches!!!!

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  17. Maybe you should edit your post since it says the opposite of what you're wanting it to...

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:25am
  18. I shouldn't have to edit a damn thing. Everybody starts to attack me. I didn't do a damn thing wrong. You all took it to the other level. Thank you. You guys made yourself look bad, saying that. :) (y)

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:26am
  19. I love how everyone is jumping to attack Blayke without reading what he said. He said what the bullies did was ridiculus because the kid watches a show. I hate MLP, but no way in hell would I bully someone (a child. someone who is supposed to be watching the show anyway) because of it. Its ridiculus.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:26am
  20. It is phrased in a way that suggests him watching MLP is ridiculous.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  21. Kk.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:31am
  22. Wishing u all the Best lil guy , hold in there dont let go Best wishes

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:10am
  23. I am a 13 year old furry and I have thought of ending my life because of bullying. .. I have scars from failed attempts

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:11am
  24. Please don't,son. Please find folks to help you through..

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  25. It really does get better: http://www.itgetsbetter.org/video/

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:15am
  26. It gets better. Trust me, it gets better. Just hang in there, okay? :) You should be allowed to be who and what you are, and love what you do no matter what. As long as you don't hurt anyone, you should just care about what makes you happy and ignore what people tell you.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  27. I know a few furries myself. I'm 32, although I am not one myself, I do understand that furries are extremely misunderstood. It's a hard life out there, and I have had my share of suicide attempts, but please know that it does get better. I got better because I kept seeking help that I needed, and sometimes it did get worse before it got better, but it did and it does get better! Seek out someone you trust and even see if there is a furry community online. It's ok for you to be who you are! All the best to you Raymond.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  28. Look kid I am a furry and a good bit older then you. I am also short and Bi. I have been picked on most of my life. Guess what. YOU need to stop allowing this to affect your opinion of yourself. Assholes will not go away. You must stop giving them the power to dictate how you feel about yourself. If need be bash them in the freaking teeth if they lay a finger on you. But NEVER allow their scumbaggery to cause you to take a permanent solution to a temporary issue. The worst thing you can do to these little morons is BE BETTER THEN THEM. Succeed where they fail and know that every step of the way they will look on wit envy. Im not going to tell you its easy but I am going to tell you its worth it. Manhood is not an age kid its an attitude towards life. Be the MAN surrounded but incompetent little boys. Also this article might help you: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/03/11/the-cabinet-of-invisible-counselors/ Make yourself a set of wise people you admire to take counsel from. You can do this and leave these people in the dust.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:30am
  29. sending prayers to him and his family

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:11am
  30. Poor kid still ticks me off what happened to him

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:11am
  31. That will make you cry

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  32. Tracie Wilson….

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  33. I’m getting sick of this shit. He’s fucking 11, who bullies a kid over a tv show at 11?

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  34. I send every ounce of my heart out to this boy. Be strong, everything will be okay.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  35. children shouldnt be killing themselves because of bullies they should be playing outside and dreaming of far away lands and getting dirty and having fun -

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  36. So so very sorry..

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  37. this is so so sad :(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  38. Sad

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  39. My 11 year old is a Brony and counts several of his male classmates as fellow Bronies. How sad that this little boy couldn’t enjoy his love of a television show without being tormented for it. When will all schools adopt a zero tolerance policy for bullying? My son’s school district has this and it is widely known in the area for being an accepting school district.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  40. 11 years old and he already attempted suicide. This breaks my heart. Hopefully things will get better as people start to mature. Teachers don't really care about bullying though.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:21am
  41. Heartbreaking....

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:31am
  42. Tamara, I wanna let you know that your son is a part of a very wonderful fandom. When myself and the rest of the Brony community heard about this, we really have been opening up and offering support. We've been spreading the word, donating money, holding charity auctions and fundraisers, even sending his family uplifting fan fictions to help them feel better. If your son ever faces trouble for it—and I really hope he doesn't—just let him know that there are others like him and that there is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm 21 years old, in love with My Little Pony, and have never had any issues about it; not with my friends, nor with my family. And I really hope your school district sets an example for others to follow; not enough schools follow zero tolerance.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:32am
  43. Sweet,dear boy,

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:12am
  44. Now that’s Sad… :(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  45. So Sad!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  46. damn. poor little guy, why can’t people just leave him be?

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  47. @Raymond Martin please don’t ever try again…talk to someone please

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  48. God Bless you and keep you safe!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  49. Aren’t parents telling their kids that things are getting better? The bullied should snitch on the bullies and then the parents should deal with those kids.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  50. My bro is 13 & he watches MLP. who really GAVES A FUCK what people watch? i mean really?!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  51. This is disgusting, why do people feel the need to pry into others lives and judge them. Mind your own business folks, if someone wants to love the same sex or watch a show they like it’s not your problem.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  52. May you heal young man! Our prayers are with you!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  53. So sad

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:13am
  54. absolutely sickening. I will pray for this little man and his family. People are so cruel.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  55. Praying!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  56. :(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  57. Prayers for him, his family and all who endure bullying…

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  58. My prayers are with this baby boy and his family. This is to sad.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  59. Why do they call it “clinging to life” if the boy tried to end his life? Seems like he’d let go of it.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  60. I can’t even… this is so sad.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  61. Sad

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  62. shannon

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:14am
  63. Damn I know how that feels.. If I ever have kids, I swear I’d come up to the bullies and kick their asses. I’ve had enough of bullcrap with little brats.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:15am
  64. This breaks my heart. So sad.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:15am
  65. My heart breaks for all the wounded … Bullying the biggest way to advertise being a coward …my prayers and hugs to this lil man and his family! Be brave cling to life, hold on to that one more day.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:15am
  66. Poor lil guy. I fucking hate this world at times.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:15am
  67. Kids are so mean these days. Get well soon.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:15am
  68. Poor little bean :-(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  69. Ellen what the fuck is wrong with you?

70. Brandy Hardic

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  71. The part that concerns me is that he was bullied by being called gay… like SINCE WHEN IS THAT A BAD THING?!?! Kids are cruel, but they have to be learning that from somewhere. Why are people teaching their children that being gay is a negative thing? It’s really sad when things like this happen. :/ I wish some people understood that to kids, words mean a lot more than anyone thinks.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  72. Actually, all of society teaches kids that being gay is bad..

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:19am
  73. Yeah, I know. Parents included lol that's what I meant. I just feel like parents have a huge part in this. (not this kid's parents. They're awesome) More people just need to teach children to love one another, in my opinion. Especially regardless of sexual orientation.

Replied on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  74. Very sad , prayers for him and his family.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  75. Blayke Smith…what if your son liked My Little Pony…or wanted to play with Barbies or any other “girl” toy? Would you think it ridiculous or post about it on Facebook for him to see? Smh…

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  76. Please update WHEN THERE’S AN ACTUAL UPDATE. So tired of seeing this over and over in my newsfeed. It’s emotionally triggering, and there’s nothing new to say, you just keep posting the same thing over and over.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  77. Breaks my heart! Healing thoughts.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  78. To the kid that made the my little pony comment, so what if it’s weird? It’s what he wanted to do and you need to grow up.

79. Omgosh…so sad

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  80. He was only Eleven. I hope he pulls through…what a sad world we live in when a little boy can’t watch and love any show he wants. The main focus of that show is love and acceptance, which this poor boy was not shown. How very sad.

81. :-(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:16am
  82. Bullying is why I’m pulling my 11 year old out of public school.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  83. When will schools live up to their pledge of zero tolerance on bullying? I would really like to know.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  84. Horrific

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  85. just awful.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  86. And I hope Michael pulls through this and his family stays strong by his side.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  87. …….

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  88. Bless your heart. Do not give up, lovey. You are amazing.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  89. Eleven years old :( that should not be happening

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:17am
  90. Oh no!!!!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:18am
  91. Hang in there little buddy! I love them little ponies too!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:18am
  92. very sad..

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:19am
  93. I think the bullies should be sent to some form of juvenile detention/rehab & their parents should pay for it. They need to be locked up. I guarantee that they’re still making fun of him even as he struggles to live.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:19am
  94. Those bullies ought to be ashamed of themselves! I hope he pulls through!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:19am
  95. Society sucks. This lil guy did nothing wrong but enjoy a cartoon. It kills me inside to read articles like this. Point being this is sad and my prayers are with him and his family. No matter the article point is a lil guy is holding onto his life.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:19am
  96. :( Why are people so cruel? Who cares what people like? Why are people so vicious? Poor kid. :(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:20am
  97. Praying.they need to be punished

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:20am
  98. Poor baby, hope he gets better!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:20am
  99. I’m so sorry.. I hope your son recovers and is able to be himself and enjoy his life.. prayers

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:20am
  100. Awwww..so sad poor baby, I hope he is OK and gets better

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:20am
  101. I hope with all my heart he recovers so he can live loving life.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:20am
  102. It’s not fair… :(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:21am
  103. Heartbreaking…..simply heartbreaking. My prayers are with you.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:21am
  104. Oh poor kid, my heart goes out to him and his family.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:21am
  105. Hang in there please little man, life is so hard but it gets so much better, the ride to the lowest point we can get to is scary, but the ride back up to the top of the world is the greatest feeling in the world, and please always remember to keep smiling and be happy…..

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:21am
  106. Unfortunately children don’t realise that there’s a whole world out there – and everything will get better…. He has a beautiful smile, and I’m sure a heart to match. I can only hope for the best. :’( I’m feeling for his family at this time.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  107. bullying starts at home..those bully parents should be ashamed

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  108. We are all changing our profile pics for this sweetheart. He is a friend of a friend. Last I heard he is doing a little better!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  109. awww :( hope he gets better!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  110. Hang on, kiddo.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  111. always a shame. the brony community is 100% behind him and has raised thousands of dollars

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  112. An eleven yr old? What’s next a five ur old? This is getting out of hand, this bullying.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  113. So Sad!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  114. He’s like…. in the target age for that show anyway :l

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:22am
  115. And where were the school officials in all of this? They can say, they didn’t know, but it’s their job to know. This is sad. North Carolina probably doesn’t even care either. What a sorry ass state.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  116. Heartbreaking. No words.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  117. That poor young boy.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  118. Hang in there, buddy! You’re a very strong person. More people than you know support you.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  119. So sad, breaks my heart to hear stories like this

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  120. OMG. 11 years old.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:23am
  121. Sad just to see him like that in the hospital, not fair

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  122. That poor baby. No one should be made feel that low for being themselves.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  123. Thoughts and prayers are with family!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  124. Hang in there Brony.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  125. All I can say I’d do any thing to save that boy. I bisexual I am proud of it. People at my Church might not agree but they support me. This kid is beautiful the way he is. I hope he survived. I know that it crazy when people judge u. All I say is back up u bulljes. You won’t last one minute in our shoes. #LGBT it will get better.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  126. I hope the parents of the bullies, are made to go to a meeting at the school with their child and are made to listen to what they have done by bullying this young boy, and that because they were so mean to him he might die, because technically it is their fault. maybe it will make them think twice before bullying again, knowing that their actions causd this , catch them while they are young. and stop the hate.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  127. to the bullies who caused this kid to commit suicide, it gets worse

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:24am
  128. That upsetted me; an 11 year old attempting to take his own life because of bullying. It’s a sick world. Best hopes for that little guy.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:25am
  129. That Is So Sad But All They Teach Is Hate

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:25am
  130. I am sorry that the adults again let down the kids of America

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:26am
  131. This needs to stop.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:26am
  132. Oh does a girl liking NASCAR make her a lesbian? Get over the stereotypes. Each one of us HUMANS are individuals. We do not need labels because labels are too confining.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:26am
  133. This makes me sick to my stomach that a 11 year old boy would want to die because of his preference for a toy whether he is gay or not. I have a 11 year old grandson and my heart goes out to his family. God will heal him. Prayers sent. ♥

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:26am
  134. Praying for this little one and his family. I have a friend who also watches the TV show and I have nothing against it. You are not LGBT just because of something in particular you like. Just thinking of the other young people who were lgbt and were perceived to be who took their lives due to bullying is sad beyond words. Stay strong Michael and be yourself. Words and wounds do HURT and people need to think before labeling and targeting people, all it does it make people feel bad for who they are. It does not matter what gender a person is, people are the same still.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:27am
  135. I’m sure Jebus wants him to die. Ask any of those asshat Teabaggers in NC.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:27am
  136. This story and every one like it breaks my heart. At that age the technicalities of gay/straight are replaced with plain sensitivity and confusion sum times. Wish I could just hug him and tell him life gets better, pre adolescence is such a hard age for a sensitive child. I hope desperately he recovers with minimal damage done and goes on to live a wonderful joy filled life.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:27am
  137. I was a brony since high school. Now I’m 20 years old and I’m still a dedicated fan. I’d like to wield the elements of harmony against these bullies!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  138. What is wrong with people. Be who you are and like whatever the hell you like.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  139. Heavenly father, i lay my heart out for this baby. Wrap your arms around him and his family, let them know you’re there, and you’re stronger than any mountain they need to climb.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  140. Dumbass

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  141. Religion again teaching children to hate each other and abuse and taunt anyone different than what the church says is perfect. Well there isn’t a single perfect child or adult. we are all equal in the eyes of GOD and are is precious angels. This precious Angel will have my prayers and hope that he’ll recover soon.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  142. Children are cruel… And it’s because it’s learned from the people who raise them :( I pray that he gets better

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  143. So sad, 11 years old.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:28am
  144. This is horrible….I worry about this bullying every day and hope it never comes to this…my son is 7 and also loves this tv show…I hope we are doing a good job raising him to be a confident individual, but even then, peer pressure can get to you..we will be praying for this little man and his family.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  145. This is so heartbreaking, my thoughts and prayers are with this poor child and his family… I hope he can recover and see the love and support on these comments.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  146. Poor kid :(

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  147. This is what we’ve come to as a society, bullying kids so badly that they want to kill themselves… I hope that these bullies are proud of what they did… hurts me so bad… as a lesbian and a mother, the pain would make me want to die if I lost my child to a senseless act …

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  148. My thoughts are with Michael to make a full recovery and show those who bullied him that they did not win. Be strong, little man.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  149. Praying for all the suffering.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:29am
  150. Hugs and warm wishes to the family! <3 people can be so cruel

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:30am
  151. I don’t believe in god in conventional sense. But prayers and love.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:30am
  152. my heart goes out to his family.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:30am
  153. This is just not right…

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:30am
  154. This is so ridiculous and sickening! The poor baby :(. The ignorance and hatred needs to stop now! This is so, so sickening. I hope Michael makes a full and healthy recovery. He did not deserve this at all…

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:30am
  155. May karma make these bullys and thier parents pay !! I curse these bullys and thier parents !! Karma make them pay by the power of 3 make them suffer in jail for life so mote it be

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:31am
  156. 11 years old damn that is messed up

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:31am
  157. Breaks my heart.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:31am
  158. Please get better soon! Bullying has really got to stop!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:31am
  159. My god pull him though this so he can prove that he a very strong boy, and nothing will ever hurt him

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:32am
  160. This breaks my heart. 11 yr old committing suicide. It doesn’t matter if he was or was not gay. Unless he heals, there are unanswered questions as to what really happened.

Mom and dads, watch and listen to your children. Sometimes, it’s not what they say, will give signals. Verbal, nonverbal, behavior changes.

This is real. This is not a teenage, young adults or older adults issue. We don’t always hear how a young child has harmed themselves.

Lets help bring awarness to the impact of bullying.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:33am
  161. My heart breaks for him.. Poor baby. I hope he recovers and finds peace and strength.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:33am
  162. Heartwrenching!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:33am
  163. How the hell are you going to comment a prayer??.
    when i went through this shit, The CHURCH Was the one that made me wanna committee suicide.
    get off here with that religious shit.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:34am
  164. This is so heartbreaking! I hope those kids (& their parents!) feel awful for doing that to this boy & his family. Someone needs to make them all watch the documentary Bully. It should be mandatory in every school until parents wake up & stop teaching their children to hate others.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:34am
  165. As a mother of a 9 year old girl who also loves MLP, this makes me very sad! My daughter and I have also watched the “Bronies” and enjoy watching their fun reactions to different episodes. My heart goes out to this boy’s family, and I pray that he makes a full recovery!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:34am
  166. May the great greek god of medicine help this kid heal and recover back to 100 percent !! By the power of all the gods and goddess help this kid back to life let him live bless it be

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:35am
  167. North Carolina? WHAT A SURPRISE. Blame Religion.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:35am
  168. Wow so sad!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:35am
  169. Small mind’s have alot of influence obviously….This is disturbing, and to know it’s only going to get worse for our poor kid’s. Prayers to him and his family♡

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:35am
  170. GOOD LOOKING YOUNG MAN, WHAT A SHAME!!!!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:35am
  171. Ok this is sad..but why in the hell did his parents say “we don’t care if your gay or not” He’s fucking 11 and I would hope this show isn’t about having same sex relations, and why would you make him believe that he might be when his peers are bashing him for it..they should have stopped at “it doesnt matter what they think” WTF

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:36am
  172. I PRAY HE LIVES <3

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:38am
  173. My heart is breaking for Michael, as well as all the other savagely bullied children. ALL need to have zero bullying tolerance at school, home or anywhere else they may be. Period

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:38am
  174. This. Over a television show. Yeah.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:38am
  175. Makes me so mad! I feel terrible for him and his family. I am saddened that parents do not teach their children tolerance & acceptance & to stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves. When will we learn that difference are okay!

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:39am
  176. Prayers go out to him and his family. The parents of these kids need to be held accountable.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:39am
  177. He’s just a kid, he’s allowed to watch kid’s shows. Why must people be so evil? When I was 12 I was bullied and made fun of for being a virgin. You’re supposed to be a virgin at 12! The value system of bullies is just, well, not there.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:40am
  178. I am aching for this little boy. My teenage sons are bronies and never get picked on for it. Its a damn shame that society decides our childrens fate.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:40am
  179. My heart goes out to Michael and his family. God Bless all….

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:40am
  180. I will be praying for his speedy recovery and no matter what orientation he is god loves him I am gay I will pray very hard for him xxxxxooo

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:41am
  181. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:41am
  182. This is really sad and heartbreaking for what this little boy and his family are going throw and I hope that he will get better and I agree with everyone that thinks that bullying starts at home because it does and these bullies and their parents need to be hold accountable for their actions and the schools need to stop acting like it don’t happen because it does.Schools are suppose to be for learning not bullying.

Posted on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 3:42am