Florida

Fla. teen convicted of having sex with underage girlfriend released from jail

Monday, December 23, 2013

VERO BEACH, Fla. — A Florida teen convicted of having sex with her underage girlfriend has been released from jail after completing her sentence.

Kaitlyn HUnt

Kaitlyn HUnt

Kaitlyn Hunt left the Indian River County Jail around 1 a.m. Friday and quickly rode away with her family. As part of a deal with prosecutors, the 19-year-old had pleaded no contest in October to battery, interference with child custody and contributing to the dependency of a child.

Hunt was charged in February with having sex with a 14-year-old female schoolmate when she was 18. A previous plea deal was withdrawn in August following allegations that Hunt exchanged thousands of texts with the girl and sent her nude photos. A judge revoked her bond, sending her to jail, where she remained the past four months.

The case garnered attention as Hunt’s lawyers claimed that authorities wouldn’t have gone after her if the situation had involved a male and a female instead of two teenage girls.

Under the terms of the plea deal, Hunt’s prison term is to be followed by two years of house arrest with electronic monitoring, and nine months of monitored probation after that.

If she has no violations, she will not be a convicted felon under Florida law, and she will have the possibility of sealing her file and having the case expunged after 10 years, according to prosecutor Brian Workman.

Hunt does not have to register as a sex offender.

Associated Press contributed to this report.

Archives: ,

Filed under: Florida

1. Bet there is alot of others who should be out as well.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:14pm
  2. Statutory laws need exceptions, like the 3 year exception in California.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:15pm
  3. 4 years in this case

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:17pm
  4. Hopefullly, she was just convicted just for the age diff :)

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:15pm
  5. great success

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:16pm
  6. She should have never been in jail to begin with.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:16pm
  7. She had sex with a 14 year old, so I don't know why she shouldn't be in jail in the first place. But she's out now, and now nobody has to pay attention to this case anymore.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:22pm
  8. They were both in high school. Statutory laws need to be adjusted.This case would NOT have gotten so much attention by the parents if these weren't two girls.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:24pm
  9. Right krysten if was a boy and a girl the boy would have gone to jail and no one would have batted an eye

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  10. I think if the two teenagers are in high school, it shouldn't be illegal. 14 year olds should be able to consent. I'm sorry for those who don't agree, but a 14 year old knows the difference between right and wrong.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:26pm
  11. this is why http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/alabama-man-rape-jail-prison-austin-smith-clem_n_4281870.html

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:27pm
  12. ^That is different. That was rape that she did NOT consent to. In this case with the two girls, there was consent, but that doesn't matter because apparently a 14 year old can't consent.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:29pm
  13. @krysten some genius kids under 12 go to high school ... *facepalm*

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:30pm
  14. @krysten let me guess , you're about 15 right?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:31pm
  15. The only reason she got such a light sentence was because she WAS a girl. Can you honestly sit there with a straight face and tell us, if it was a older male and a younger female (high school or not) he would have got the same "slap on the wrist" punishment? I personally don't give a damn if it was two females or two males or a male and a female that had slept together. BUT I can tell you the courts do. Had a 18 year old male slept with a 14 year old male or a 18 year old male slept with a 14 year old female would you honestly have the same view? Just because they were in high school dose not make it ok.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:31pm
  16. I'm actually 19.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:31pm
  17. I believe if it was a straight 18 year old male, having sex with a 14 year old that is OKAY with it, is fine. I think too many innocent people are being locked up and labeled sex offenders for life.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:33pm
  18. if you're 18, i'm a 300 yrs old vampire :D

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:37pm
  19. I'm not 18, I'm 19. But everyone in the world looks their age, right?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:37pm
  20. Krystren I totally agree with you this never should have been in an issue regardless of gender or orientation, however you are flat out wrong saying she only went to jail because of it. Laws like this are used all the time by parents that don't like the boys their girls are dating or got them prege

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:38pm
  21. bla bla ok :)

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:39pm
  22. I didn't say she only went to jail because of it. She went to jail for having sex with a minor. I fully REALIZE that. I'm saying, this case is only so well known because the parents are homophobic and went public with it. It's bullshit.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:39pm
  23. Where in the report did it say she was jailed because the girls parents where homophobic and didn't like the fact their daughter was a lesbian? If you point it out then i'll understand and agree it was fucked up..but unless you where there when all this went down, I think maybe the "gay" card is being pulled. Oh I was targeted for this crime cuz I'm gay... no you just happend to break the law and get caught, had it been two males or a male and a female I would still sing the same tune.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:49pm
  24. Wiat!!! You mean to tell me two teenagers had sex?!?!?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:17pm
  25. right??

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:49pm
  26. she’s an idiot

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:17pm
  27. but i agree house arrest is enough ( as long as she didnt hurt the little girl) .

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:18pm
  28. the little girl she is 15 years old and im pretty sure she didnt make her have sex with her it wasnt rape obviously they were sending pics back and forth. everyone needs to stop being so fucking butthurt and mind their own business

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:21pm
  29. @Harley, read the full case, there was sex involved.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  30. yeah i used the word "little girl", yeah i know 15 years olds are adolescents . what you dont know is that for a 18 yrs old is SO EASY to manipulate a person that young , that's why there should be restrictions. moreover even a 12 yrs old and a 50 yrs old can love each other , what's the solution? no age of consent?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:27pm
  31. i'm 18 :) i know what i'm talking about .

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  32. on the other side we have this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/alabama-man-rape-jail-prison-austin-smith-clem_n_4281870.html

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  33. i'm not american , but that's a different state , with different laws .

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:29pm
  34. These were high school girls competeing on the same team attending the same classes. They were 17 band 14 when they fell in love. The parents nailed her when she turned 18. This has no business in the courts. The parents were just upset that their daughter was seeing a girl. Never would have happened if she were seeing a boy

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:41pm
  35. well at 17 i used to go swimming . in the pool there was a 13 years old who had a weird interest in me , but i wasnt interested in her . i saw her as a child , nothing else.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:43pm
  36. of course she was… reverse the gender and see if that happens… nonsense

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:17pm
  37. 18 with a 14? Clear case of statutory rape.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:18pm
  38. At the time of the incident, she was actually 17.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:26pm
  39. Bad editing of the article?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:27pm
  40. Not so clear. Did you have access to all the facts before making that judgment? Clearly not.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:30pm
  41. Considering she's not registering as a sex offender, and can have the judgement removed altogether later in life, I think it is a fair judgement. Girl/girl or boy/girl at that age, it is tricky to judge the maturity level of either person.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:40pm
  42. if an 18 yrs old is as mature as a 13-14 yrs olds , he fucking needs a psychologist /psychiatrist .

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:45pm
  43. You're considered an adult in Illinois at 17, some states it's even lower so maybe YOU should get all the facts Deb.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:46pm
  44. i dont fuckin care man, love is love

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:46pm
  45. Stop criminalizing teenagers for not completely suppressing the signals that their hormones are sending them.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:55pm
  46. stop criminalizing teenager rapists ! ^

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:56pm
  47. Hallie, but it didn't happen in Illinois, did it? Did you even think before you wrote that?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:58pm
  48. the other girl turned 15 shortly after they were only 3 years 5 months apart. Most married couples have more years between them my husband and I are both 3 years apart as well. They went to the same high school were even on the same basketball team!

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:09pm
  49. No it really isn't. You don't know rapists and child molesters, do you? The incident happened when the girl was 17 and they were in the same High School. Do you call rape when a straight couple, freshman and senior, go out? Don't think so.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:14pm
  50. This issue is so old, it drives me up a wall that people don't understand the issue with it. It happened in Florida. If they were a heterosexual couple, they would have been protected under the Romeo and Juliet clause. These folks have been together a while through high school and the mother decided to be a homophobe and cause drama right after the older girl turned 18. Seriously, there's your facts.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:15pm
  51. The mom didn't want her daughter with a white girl.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:20pm
  52. Hallie Huffman that's a load of BULL. While the age of CONSENT may be 17 in Illinois, that does not mean they are considered an adult.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:21pm
  53. I just read the article again and it states 14 & 18. If the ages were different than blame the writer and editor for publishing an incorrect article.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:41pm
  54. It should have never gone to court. The other girls parents are homophobes.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:18pm
  55. right. i'm sure it'd be more acceptable if it was an adult man having sex with a 14 year old. bullcrap

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:02pm
  56. So, if it had been an 18 year old boy and 14 year old girl having a relationship, and they were both minors before having the relationship, and the parents went after him when he turned 18 because they weren't okay with their 14 year old daughter, who was younger at times in the relationship, having sexual relations with an older individual, you are saying this wouldn't be an issue? That stuff happens all the time. It's not okay, regardless of gender or previous relationship. Why are 14 year old girls having sex?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:47pm
  57. The thing is I don't think they would've been concerned about it if it'd been a boy. I know a lot of parents of younger females who allow their daughters to date older. I'm not saying I agree with that, but its pretty common.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:42pm
  58. why wont this story go away… you do the crime you do the time

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:18pm
  59. How terribly sad, never should this poor girl been jailed.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:18pm
  60. This is fucking horseshit and she was only arrested because she is GAY. It’s COMPLETELY typical of illiterate male morons to fuck their 14 year old girlfriend while being 30 all the TIME in Florida. WHILE IN OFFICE!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:18pm
  61. well you dont know the young girls' parents , if i had an adolescent about 14 and she had a relationship with an 18-20 yrs i would have denounced him/her , no matter about his/her sex

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:26pm
  62. Now she's 18-20 years old when it happened? How can you, with any conscience, inflate her age like that? Shame on you. The relationship began long before she turned 18. Wow. "18-20." Unbelievable.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:11pm
  63. Deb Duncan, for one thing, your writing is so backward and unclear that I really can't make heads or tales of what you're even talking about, other than to blast me with shame. I have no idea why. I didn't inflate anything. I just don't think you have much reading comprehension. Suck my balls.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:19pm
  64. Wow Claudia, way to take your own kids feelings into consideration.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:38pm
  65. Did anyone bother to think what jailing this girl might do to the spirit of the person they were with? Her girlfriend has to deal with the guilt that goes along with knowing that this girl went to jail just because she loved her. That's the real tragedy here nobody seems to really give a fuck about her, they're just thinking of their own offended sensibilities.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:40pm
  66. For those with ZERO reading comprehension skills, my POINT was that it seems really backward to jail a woman (who really isn't that old) for dating a girl (who is ALSO a teen) when the same happens constantly in the south between hetero couples, with much wider age gaps. Seems to me it's more about hating on their orientation. But, hey, yes it does offend me when anyone dates a minor. But I really don't think that's why she went to jail. So, HATE ME ALL YOU WANT FOR MY OPINION, I JUST WISH SOME PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY READ THE FUCKING THING SOMETIMES BEFORE SCREAMING SHAME AT ME. THank you. I don't mean to sound as if I was defending pedophilia. I DON'T. I just think it's a double standard, and I feel that way because I LIVED in Florida too long, and I know how the place is. I have a funny feeling the judge is probably fucking minors too.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:31pm
  67. Adam - no-one wants to suck your balls. You'll have to pay someone to do that for you.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:51am
  68. Well I am glad that she is released, but she should never have been arrested to begin with, let alone be on house arrest – how fucking absurd!

The only upside is that she will not have to register as a sex offender…. Poor girl. :(

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:19pm
  69. she should register as an offender

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:24pm
  70. - right, because you were never a high school freshman with a crush on a senior or junior, or vice versa. Putting teenagers in school together for 4yrs, attractions can happen. I had a boyfriend in high school who was 18 and I was 16, no one said anything about statutory rape because he respected me and whatever relations we had were consensual.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  71. everything can happen , an 18 yrs old can also feel attracted to an hamster lol

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:59pm
  72. Your logic is flawed.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:23pm
  73. I had a crush on an older boy when I was in school. I was in middle school (13), he was in high school (16). So, because I was TOTALLY into what we were doing, and he was in NO way forcing me to do anything I wasn't wanting to do, he should have gone to prison when he turned 18, just because I was 15? He deserved to be labeled an offended, even though the person who initiated things most the time was me?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:35pm
  74. Lisa Siebenhofer

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:20pm
  75. nicht sicher ob du mich verlinkst weil alf, lesben oder altersunterschied xD

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:22pm
  76. alf

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:22pm
  77. lebdeinleben :3

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:23pm
  78. She would have gotten off with minimal consequences but she refused the plea deal. She also kidnapped the girl (taking her away without parents permission) and continuously sexted the girl.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:20pm
  79. It shouldn’t have been a crime in the first place. OMG teens having sex, big deal.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:21pm
  80. teens having sex with teens much younger than them . if it was a story about a 19 years old man and a 13 years old girl , you probably wouldnt support it . the word teen means nothing.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:32pm
  81. To the people saying that they were together a long time before the older turned 18, how young was the youngest party when sex first occurred. THAT is the issue.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:53pm
  82. Claudia Leone that's because there wasn't such an age disparity, 3 years and 5 months. You need to get your damn facts straight.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:25pm
  83. Hallie Huffman Yes, the fact that they were BOTH underage when they had sex for the first time. There is no "issue".

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:26pm
  84. People who are young experiment. It's a fact of life, Just because a 14 year old and an 11 year old fool around, it's not a big deal. My sister and I messed around when I was 8 and she was 11. I don't know why our society is so screwed up that people get older and some how forget that kids some times do shit with other kids, and that it's NOT always 'molestation'.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:28pm
  85. My 15 year old cousin messing with me when I was 8? That was definitely a different story. He knew I didn't want him doing stuff with me and did it anyways. The problem is, as long as people keep attaching stigmas to the wrong things, its going to keep making it harder for kids who need help to ask for it, and is just going to keep punishing kids who don't deserve to be punished.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:30pm
  86. If the parents asked her to stay away from their daughter, regardless of reasoning, and she did not - they did what they needed to in bringing the law into things. If my daughter was 13 or 14 and trying to have sex with anyone, regardless of gender or age, I would have an issue with it.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:10pm
  87. I hope she keeps it clean this chance. If she does she has a chance at a descent future.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:22pm
  88. She is lucky to not have to register however every one should be treated to same. If an adult is having sexual relations with a minor it’s not okay…

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:22pm
  89. You shouldn’t be messing with a girl under the age of 16 if you are 18 to begin with

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:22pm
  90. Says who? I know, i know, it's the law in some cases, but honestly....four years isn't a huge difference in general. I like how people like to act like teenagers are idiots. Yeah, they do stupid things, but give me a break. My parents were seven years apart so to have someone thrown in jail under statuatory reasons when it's obvious that the parents have it out for this girl is crazy.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:27am
  91. 4 year age difference is pretty big at that age range.
    What a stupid person she was to do that.
    Now she is a Sex Offender, good luck with that on your resume.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:23pm
  92. beautiful cover picture :)

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:54pm
  93. There are relationships with larger age gaps.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:28am
  94. 14 and 18 is kind of stat. rape. she should get the book

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:23pm
  95. It’s about time. This should’ve never happened

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:23pm
  96. I understand statutory rape but 14 and 18. I do not think this case should have gone as far as it did!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:23pm
  97. i dont understand the word rape , and why the sentence is so high . but i also dont understand how you could find acceptable that 18 yrs olds have relationships with 14 yrs olds kids .

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:54pm
  98. Her sentence was light! Are you kidding me?

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:26am
  99. In Ohio, the law states there needs to be a 5 year difference in the ages, just so cases like this don't occur. If the relationship had been going on for a year, why is it all of a sudden a problem?

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:38am
  100. Recently there was a 13 year old where I live who got "knocked up" by a 19 year old they had been dating for a year and the guy wasn't charged. I do not understand why each state has different laws and if some one has consented to having sex before why it is suddenly rape. :(

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:41am
  101. she should have never been in jail in the first place . only reason she was theere was because her parents are against their daughter being a lesbian

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:24pm
  102. Lesbian or not. male or female, its all a double standard. You say she should have never been in jail in the first place, I obviously have no idea if you have kids, but lets say you have a 14 year old, your telling me regardless of your 14 year old's sexual identity you would be ok if he/she slept with a 18 year old?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:37pm
  103. she was 17 when they started mesing with eachother and had sex before she turned 18 . whats the big issue , seriously yes id be fine if i knew who the child was , whats the differenc betwee 24 and 28 then , or 20 and 34 , these teens knew what they were doing they old enough to know what the hell is going on im not seeing the problem at all.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:40pm
  104. She was there because she broke a law. I don't believe being gay is a crime in Florida.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:28am
  105. oh yes it is , and your an idiot if you think its not bruh

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:32am
  106. The article has it wrong, she was 17 and other 14, then 18 & 15 when parents pressed charges. Relationship was for over a year before the one was old enough to charge.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:24pm
  107. Nobody cares about the facts.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:32pm
  108. The facts are she broke a law.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:30am
  109. I’m so glad she is out!!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:24pm
  110. Just in time for Christmas too! How nice. *sarcasm* She should have just been left to rot.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  111. She probably got a gf in jail lmao

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  112. Those that say she shouldnt have been arrested, need to look at their teenager and ask themself, “would I allow a much older person to date my child? Sleep with myly child at that?” I see a fair game here. U do a crime. U pay the time. If a dude did this he’d be locked up forever.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  113. sexist much?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  114. @tim you dont even know the meaning of that world

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:41pm
  115. I had a crush on an older boy when I was in school. I was in middle school (13), he was in high school (16). So, because I was TOTALLY into what we were doing, and he was in NO way forcing me to do anything I wasn't wanting to do, he should have gone to prison when he turned 18, just because I was 15? He deserved to be labeled an offended, even though the person who initiated things most the time was me?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:36pm
  116. The main problem isn't that this is sexist, though this case very much is. It's that this was a problem in the first place. She shouldn't have gone to jail, period.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:37pm
  117. If I knew that my teenager was dating this person for a while and was happy? And given that it's only four years? No, I wouldn't have a damn problem with it at all.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:29am
  118. Why doesn't Tim "know the meaning of that word"? Because he's a man? Newsflash: some men understand sexism as well as any woman. To say otherwise is sexist: YOU are sexist, Claudia.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:49am
  119. I don’t get it, an 18 year old having sex with a 14 year old is statutory, why is this girl getting so much support?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  120. Because we live in a world where people feel entitled to special privileges simply for the fact that they are different, and our society is so afraid of violating the PC code that they are willing to not only bend the rules, but cheer on someone who broke the law so as not to be labelled homophobic.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:28am
  121. How many 18 year old guys have sex with 14 year old girls? It happens every day.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  122. how many infants are being raped? it happens everyday! (i'm not comparing an adolescent with an infant , i'm just trying to point out how much stupid your sentence is )

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:35pm
  123. Zero. My sentence is not stupid, but you are a bitch.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:48pm
  124. and i'm pround of it . you're a little too sure of yourself.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:51pm
  125. I am quite comfortable with myself. I've studied human sexuality and I know quite a bit about this particular case. Both girls were sexting each other, both girls wanted to date each other. No force or coercion was involved. The parents would have been more intelligent to have allowed the girls to hang out at their house with parents present, to have taken away their daughter's cell phone if she didn't stop sexting, and to supervise their daughter more closely. They should have told her they expected her to wait until 17 to have sex and ensured her compliance. That is what I would have done without expressing dislike of the girl she wanted to date or of their daughter having bisexual or homosexual interests. There isn't anything wrong with parents letting their kids know they believe them too young to have sex. Protecting children this way makes more sense than trying to prohibit your child from seeing someone they like. When a parent does that the child almost always rebels and sneaks around. Have a nice day.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:02pm
  126. WTF SHE SHOULDVE been left alone >:( fuckin crying out she wasnt doing anything wrong!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  127. What are the ages of the two

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:25pm
  128. I am a lesbian and its not ok to be 18 and have sex with a 14 year old I don’t care if its female with female, male with male or ,female and male its not ok

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:26pm
  129. finally ! girls like her are just giving a bad name to lgbt community .

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:33pm
  130. The relationship began before she turned 18. The parents waited until she was a legal adult to charge her.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:37pm
  131. @deb as far as i know she was already 18 when the relationship began , it seems she repeated a year.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:40pm
  132. It did start before she was 18- amazing the amount of people who can't keep up.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:02pm
  133. that's even worse then because then the girl was 13

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:10pm
  134. Andy Ftp, No actually she wasn't

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:19pm
  135. how i see it weather it began when she was 18 I feel as if she should be in jail not just because were lesbians should it be doubled standard if it began when she was 17 I think she should still be in trouble why is a 17 year old with a 14 year old that is a big difference specially in mental maturity this is my point of view i am sorry if i offend anyone i am not here to fight im just expressing my opinion a 14 year old should date a 14-15 year old period my opinion thanks

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:24pm
  136. how in the hell can people say its a big age different that is so damn stupid! They were both teenagers!

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:34am
  137. It doesn't matter that they are both technically teenagers. Florida LAW says you can't consent to sex until you're 16. If she really wanted to be with her girlfriend then she could have waited the two years until it was legal for her to have sex. This isn't a case of homosexual oppression, it's a case of a young girl making poor decisions and thinking she can get away with it by using her unconventional preference as an excuse to break the law.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:22am
  138. Good !

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:26pm
  139. good and krysten that is so true

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:27pm
  140. It is was her girlfriend, she wasn’t that young. And she isn’t a pedi file. Stop the judging.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:27pm
  141. You’re just awful, Jessica Hoover. I really hope that’s just an ill chosen joke.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:27pm
  142. I am a lesbian but I am a mother first , and I would press charges on a 18 or 17 year old having sex with my 14 year old daughter

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  143. then maybe you should home school. Because as a 14/15 year old girl in high school back in 2007 (prob WAY longer for you) I dated seniors. We have the same classes, go to the same school, and are on the same teams. I am a mother as well and as a mother you got to understand the environment of your children. And as a mother you got to think of other mothers, why would you want to ruin another familys life?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:12pm
  144. And then that would make you a bad mother as well.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:24pm
  145. thank goodness! Merry Christmas little girl

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  146. Its not fair that just because the parents cant deal with their daughter sleeping with another girl this young lady had to go to jail. Its all B.S!!! y’all ain’t saying shit about this “boys” who be 18 & older having sex with little girls!! The fhuqk?! Let them be you dumb asses “/ it’s going to happen regardless! they are blowing this usted of proportion and the real sexual abusers are still on the lose “/ how is that fhuqkin right?!!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:28pm
  147. Guys everyone in the LGBT community craves to be treated equally but when someone from the LGBT community breaks the law and gets punished it’s “cause they’re LGBT”. How about we stop trying to play the gay card and accept that what she did was ILLEGAL. she was an adult and the other girl was a minor. She’s lucky they didn’t make her register as a sex offender. Frankly I think she should be registered. If it was a straight make that did this he’d be registered so I think it’s only fair in the light if EQUALITY that she receive the same kind of punishment. We can’t sit here and claim we want equal rights, and then throw a temper tantrum when we realize that equal rights means more than just marriage. It means our punishments are equal as well.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:29pm
  148. Breaks the law? What law? Do you have ANY idea why statutory rape laws exist? It is about deflowering (devaluing) a prospective bride.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:37pm
  149. Actually I think she’s pretty cute…

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:30pm
  150. Teny Arakelian heka

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:30pm
  151. omg HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:30pm
  152. no account needed u can make $2000-$9000 I work at walgreens and watever you put on a reload pack card I can add a zero say if you put $200 I can make dat $2000 I want $500 you keep $1500 hmu if you interested. Inbox Me for my #

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:31pm
  153. Very interesting

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:32pm
  154. The law needs updating ! If they are both in high school that’s ridiculous

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:33pm
  155. Ppl get your facts right b4 coming across as bigots. Both teenagers were minors. Parents of the younger girl knew for a longtime, but waited till the older girl turned 18. This is no rape or adult having sex with minor. It’s a vindictive parents homophobia.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:33pm
  156. right. i'm sure it'd be more acceptable if it was an adult man having sex with a 14 year old. bullcrap

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:01pm
  157. Oh! You're a troll, John Flerianos! Copy/paste/paste/paste/paste...

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:10pm
  158. So, if it had been an 18 year old boy and 14 year old girl having a relationship, and they were both minors earlier on in the relationsihp, and the parents went after him when he turned 18 because they weren't okay with their 14 year old daughter, who was younger than 14 at times in the relationship, having sexual relations with an older individual, you are saying this wouldn't be an issue? That stuff happens all the time. It's not okay, regardless of gender or previous relationship. Why are we condoning 14 year old girls having sex?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:31pm
  159. people are so fuckin hateful, when WE are involved.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:55pm
  160. I had been having sex with my boyfriend since i was 12 and he was 15 and it continued well past him being 18 and me still being a minor and i can assure you no one forced me and being 18 doesnt make you an adult they are still teenagers. you people are just looking for reasons to join the hate group with out thinking about the state of mind of those 2.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:17am
  161. I don't care if they are gay or straight, teens should not be dating 4 years apart in age. That's a huge maturity difference whether you are gay or straight. I wouldn't condone my 16 yr old going out with a12 yr old, 17 going out with 13, etc.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:42am
  162. Rhonda, there's often a just as huge maturity difference between, say, two sixteen-year-olds. A 14-year-old can be more mature than an 18-year-old in some cases.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:48pm
  163. and bankers, televangelists, politicians and the NSA are still free to commit felonies

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:34pm
  164. so what she had sex with her gf what’s the big deal … age is just a number

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:36pm
  165. you guys do realize that they was dating long before she turned 18? the younger gf’s parents hate the fact she was gay and went after her as soon as she turned 18,
    this is why its bs to have her jailed. they knew all along they was together and did nothing until she turned 18….
    thats why shes getting support. and she has mine.
    they already knew and didnt do shit then, they shouldnt be doing shit now.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:36pm
  166. She didn't deserve to be punished for being in love. The parents do suck!!

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:28pm
  167. So, if it had been an 18 year old boy and 14 year old girl having a relationship, and they were both minors before having the relationship, and the parents went after him when he turned 18 because they weren't okay with their 14 year old daughter, who was younger at times in the relationship, having sexual relations with an older individual, you are saying this wouldn't be an issue? That stuff happens all the time. It's not okay, regardless of gender or previous relationship. Why are 14 year old girls having sex?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:30pm
  168. if the parents arent willing to stop a relationship before the age of 18 difference issue.. then they need to mind their damn business. this is clearly a hate crime... its not hard to keep your child away from someone.. trust me.. my parents did it very well.... and kids are starting sex now at a much earilier age than ever before... each generation keeps getting younger.. wanna know something thats really screwed up.. there was a picture of this chick teaching her maybe 2 yr old child how to bang her from behind... no one bats an eye about that, yet they lose their shit to this? insanity any one?

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:32pm
  169. Actually, you are incorrect in your assumptions. First off, more and more individuals are waiting until later in life to have sex. Statistics show a decrease in the number of teens losing their virginity until later ages. Second, her parents may have been taking steps to stop her from seeing the older individual, and perhaps she disobeyed them or found ways to circumvent them through, I don't know, lying maybe? And do you know for certain that they did not ask the older girl to stop seeing their daughter because it made them feel uncomfortable? It doesn't matter why, but if she did not respect that, when she turned 18 the parents found a way to enforce it. I think that you are placing far too much hate into this situation. It happens to men dating younger girls all the time. Meet in High School, parents don't like him but he finds a way to see and bang their daughter anyhow. When he turns 18 and still does it, they press charges. It has NOTHING to do with homosexuality, it's the LAW!

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:41pm
  170. then you havent talked to teens lately.... and yes it was about her sexuality... the parents openly admitted they do not like gays... i got better things to do than argue with someone. like getting my butt over to my friends on time... but thats not going to happen. like usual.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:59pm
  171. Isaac I'd like to see where you get your source of information most teens I know had sex early. This is clearly a hate crime.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:28pm
  172. Hate or not, she still broke the law. You can't ignore that fact just because she's gay.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:12am
  173. You're not entirely correct. Kaitlyn turned 18 in Aug 2012. They only first met that summer, but did not start dating until after school started, and Kaitlyn was already 18. The sexual incidents happened in Dec 2012 and Jan 2013, and that's when the younger girl's parents filed the complaint. As much as your scenario makes it sounds as if the parents did something sinister, the law doesn't work that way. The prosecutor cannot wait until she turns 18 to file charges on something she did when she was a minor. No matter what anyone's opinion are of the motive for the charges (anti-gay?), the fact is the "crimes" she was convicted of occurred when she was 18 and the girlfriend was 14.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:12am
  174. how could she have broken the law when the parents nailed her as soon as she turned 18.... thats the issue here.. i stick by what i said before.. if they had an issue with the relaitonship before she turned 18... they could of done something then... not wait till the minute she turned an adult age to make their point.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:14am
  175. Issac's making stuff up.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:33am
  176. Let the rebellion begin. If it's not the 18 yo then it will be another girlfriend! What will the parents do then? Hate the next one to death and take her birthday? Unfortunately, there will always be bigoted haters that lack understanding of same love!

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:44am
  177. How many straight kids get put in jail for the same thing? This was discrimination and should be treated as such!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:36pm
  178. A lot of straight people get arrested for this. You just never hear about it, because it's common.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:21am
  179. I've actually heard of straight people going through this. In some cases, it's absurd because it's only a year or so difference.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:24am
  180. But be a rich white boy who steals beer, gets drunk, drives his dad’s company truck, kills four people and leaves one completely paralyzed, and you get to go to a luxury $450K/year “therapy” facility for a year.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:36pm
  181. right. i'm sure it'd be more acceptable if it was an adult man having sex with a 14 year old. bullcrap

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:03pm
  182. Nobody said that. Now you're just making things up.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:09pm
  183. You really should read up on the story.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:09pm
  184. Oh! You're a troll, John Flerianos! Copy/paste/paste/paste/paste...

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:10pm
  185. I feel she should’ve gotten a bigger sentence and register as a sex offender. What she did is a crime and just because she was in high school doesn’t matter

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:38pm
  186. that bitch is fuckin hot i would tap that too hahaha!!!!!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:38pm
  187. The ONLY reason this went as far as it did is because the parents found out their daughter was a lesbian it had absolutely nothing to do with how old they were…that was the only thing the parents could use to keep them apart…

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:39pm
  188. Still a crime. right. i'm sure it'd be more acceptable if it was an adult man having sex with a 14 year old. bullcrap

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:02pm
  189. No actually it's NOT a crime, they fall under the Romeo and Juliette law being such a small difference in their age.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:23pm
  190. They do not necessarily fall under the "Romeo and Juliet" laws. For that law to take effect, there can be no more than 4 years difference in their age - to the day. So it's not a "Small difference in age" it's the maximum. And if the younger girl is 14 and the older 18, it is entirely possible they fall out of the scope of this law.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:51pm
  191. Three years and five months, Isaac.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:52pm
  192. This is insane

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:40pm
  193. Wow. It’s jus pussy on pussy

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:41pm
  194. @Charles regardless of why they exist, the point is that an adult (18 years old) had sex with a minor (a 14 year old) and was arrested for it when that minors parents found out. If this was an adult male having sex with a female minor everyone would be saying how terrible the guy was but because it’s an LGBT girl she should get off with no punishment. So much for us being equal to straight people right?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:42pm
  195. She’s damn lucky to not have to register! She was an adult at the time of her conviction, ie: a sex offender. That’s bullshit! She shouldnt get a pass just cuz she’s female. If the parents of the younger child want to pursue it, the can, regardless of the sex of either. I KNOW this from my first boyfriend. His dad called the cops and tried to prosecute HIM, but my parents refused. Boys DO get convicted, they DO get charged IF the parent of the younger child wants it. She was not targetted.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:45pm
  196. The age of consent AND the age when you can legally be tried as an adult is different in every state. 17 is an adult in Illinois.

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:49pm
  197. It was wrong what they did to this girl if she were a boy things wouldn’t have ended like this.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:47pm
  198. No, it would have been worse.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:31am
  199. I felt so conflicted about this case. She should have stopped the relationship until the other girl was 18. I just felt bad for all of them. How horrible are those parents for making their daughter’s girlfriend go to jail.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:47pm
  200. My grandmother was 14 when she married my 21 year old grandfather. You people are stupid.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:47pm
  201. many of my ancestors were 10 or 11 when they got pregnant ! let's accept and support preteen pregnancies !!!

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:58pm
  202. ım knowimg lesbian lgnt

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:48pm
  203. Honestly kids now know a lot more then people think. They both knew what sex was. But No one has an issue with the fact that she was 14 and the other 17 and the parents were fine with them having sex. But all of a sudden its not fine when the other turned 18?? Yeah OK. She’s out now she can move on with her life. Don’t be surprised when they get back together when the other is 18 though.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:48pm
  204. the younger girl did nothing to prove her love

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:52pm
  205. Claudia, did you ever consider that the younger girl's parents probably told her not to do or say ANYTHING? I read that she was abused or at least seems like it.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:39am
  206. Robert Paulsen stfu ppl don’t like the world now days she is just a number all that matters is if you love one another n the girls mom didn’t car n turned her in BC SHE A LESBIAN it’s was Agest the girls rights to be in jail one by law that did not have eoungh prove to tap her phone two if it was a make n female none of this woulda happened me n my gf are 5 years apart age is just a dam which no one gets now day im share at time u look at young girls n think thing so if it’s wrong they love each other then this I not a free country like ppl say so stfu already get on with all your guys self n leave her alone she did nothing wrong the 14 year old mom was wrong so was the law

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:53pm
  207. I’m so glad Kate is free from prison now. I’ve always supported her. :3

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:55pm
  208. You supporters really should read more before making judgment. “Under Florida law, even if the relationship was consensual, it is illegal for anyone over the age of 18 to have sexual relations with anyone under that age. At the time of their relationship, Hunt was 18.”

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:55pm
  209. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2450553/Kaitlyn-Hunt-Lesbian-cheerleader-19-speaks-jail.html

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:55pm
  210. Of course not. She’s a minor living with her parents. This happens to straight teens too. Parents wait till the legal adult age then do this crap. I’m sure shed rather lie then live on the streets.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:55pm
  211. God bless you Angel…..

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:55pm
  212. Thank you Ford Dee that is right that’s why

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:56pm
  213. She is lucky she did not have to register. Sorry, 18/14 is not acceptable. No matter what the case is.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 9:59pm
  214. i like how only guys get the valid point of this

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:59pm
  215. Hallie Huffman yes she was targetted they 14 years mom didn’t like her liking pussy not dick so put get in jail

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:00pm
  216. I made about a 3 paragraph status about this when I found out! Smh I was so upset! I’m happy she’s out and I hope her and her girlfriend can get back together later. I don’t know what I’d do if my parent got my mate arrested!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:00pm
  217. They were both in the same high school as a freshman back in 2007 I dated seniors. If the younger girl would have been dating the senior varsity football caption the parents wouldn’t have said or did anything. If you do not want 14/15 year olds with 17/18 year old then maybe we shouldn’t allow them to go to the same school, have classes together, or be on the same teams (not going to happen right?)? This whole situation is completely messed up. To be sent to jail for something thousands of other highschoolers are doing and are involved in? How many years apart are you and your significant other? My husband and I are 3 years apart and these two girls were only 3 and 5 months apart. The age gap is nothing compared to even most married couples.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:00pm
  218. Teen pregnancy is supported we have teen mom after all. But hey lets keep thinking 14 year olds are oh so innocent. Anyway she’s out. Its over. Everyone have happy holidays.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:03pm
  219. Thank goodness! Kate has been freed! =]

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:06pm
  220. we want equality THIS IS IT it comes with ups and downs, many young boys go to jail for this every year too. She should have known better.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:11pm
  221. This was fucked up. I’m glad she’s been released.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:12pm
  222. Well good for her I guess? Just us men don’t ever date a girl that’s not the age of 18 otherwise they broadcast this world wide make you feel like your a failure, huge crime, big sentence beaten by the police mafia and others in jail/prison and your life would never be the same. Not saying dating someone a few years younger is okay because it’s not. Just be safe otherwise it could backfire serverely

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:15pm
  223. This is so fucking stupid. Florida its one if the stupidest states… Where a grown ass psychopath can get away with killing an unarmed punkass black boy and a black girl went to jail for shooting warning shots to her asshole ex, can we really expect anything less?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:18pm
  224. Thank God,because if a guy can get away with this in a straight relationship and he is about 19 And she is 15,then this girl did nothing against the law

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:19pm
  225. Some do and some don't. Doesn't make what she did right.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:36am
  226. this is truly unfortunate… and will probably have to register as an offender the rest of her life :( well that’s how it is in most cases, i don’t know the specifics of this one.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:20pm
  227. About time

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:24pm
  228. The age difference was an excuse the parents made to separate them when really their issue was their sexuality. I remember this story. Poor girls.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:25pm
  229. My problem with this case is that the ages of the girls were 17 and 14. So they are both under age. If one was an adult then that’s different. My second problem this relationship was on going the mother and father must have known. The only reason the mom and dad of the 14 year old pressed charges is because they didn’t like that it was a girl she was having sex with. People need to wake up 47% oh high school kids are having sex. It happens maybe instead of trying to jam up the court system us ring tax payer money moms and dads should get more involved in there teens life and teach them safe sex. The good thing is that they charged the 17 year old with some bullshit charges because they knew they wouldn’t get any thing else to stick and because of that she does not have to register as a sex offender.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:25pm
  230. She is still a criminal. She was told by the judge to have no contact. She should be jailed.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:26pm
  231. I think that's Todd Hunters daughter

Replied on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:30pm
  232. Exact same case with Oscar Wilde and his male lover.. Except it was a bigger age difference with Wilde.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:26pm
  233. I mean at least they are treating Gay and Straight equal even though this is most obviously an act of homophobia…

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:27pm
  234. Thank you Genesis Phoenixheart!!! You are very right!!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:28pm
  235. Feel soooo bad for this girl…

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:29pm
  236. really is that what the world has come to ok yea the age but still its nothing wrong with it but there is way more people int the world but gays are more attack not fair !!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:31pm
  237. I don’t feel one bit bad she got into trouble. Gay people want equal rights well here you go. If it was an 18 year old male sleeping with a 14 year old girl it would a been the same. Gay or straight it does not matter. Please don’t take this as I’m anti gay cuz I’m not I just feel if u want equal rights don’t bitch when it happens.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:32pm
  238. Except for the fact that an 18yo+ male sleeps with a 14-ish girl EVERY SINGLE DAY, and they're not being arrested, jailed or making international headlines. That, my friend, is because of homophobia.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:57am
  239. glad she has been released.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:34pm
  240. Say what you want to say I still say the only reason the parants were up set was because she was dating a girl….strait relationships like that happen all all time and it’s not an issue

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:37pm
  241. Ashley Lynn it would not of been the same at all,you know why because the girl would of cried rape even if it was consensual in a lot of cases because she is smart to know she could get away with it,most parents these days don’t even pay attention to age because most don’t care and the ones that do cops won’t do a thing about it. I know a mom who was in this position and in the State of Colorado she tried everything and they would do nothing

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:40pm
  242. Regardless.. The younger girl was NOT molested. This is wrong to prosecute. The law should be there to protect the innocent.. As far as I can see, they were teenagers playing with sex.. Oh HELLO!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:41pm
  243. I’m not happy with this new. Pedophilia is a Crime no matter the sex of the offender and the underage.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:45pm
  244. good…she should not have been jailed to begin with…imo

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:46pm
  245. Finally, we must adjust our laws to reality

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:48pm
  246. I’m sorrt but those in support of this disgust me. Just bc its two girls doesn’t make this any less wrong. At the agw of 14 you biologically amd scientifically do not have the knowledge decision making skills or true assessment of future repercussions to make the decision to have sex. This was wrong amd the girl should have been charged. That was an adult on a child, point blank. Disgusting.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:52pm
  247. Show me your scientific proof that they don't have "knowledge decision making skills or true assessment of future reprecussions" because I'm wasn't aware that teens don't possess that... and I'm a teen at that. And also, some adults don't seem to possess those traits and there are some very mature teens to add. So just because someone is at a certain age doesn't mean that EVERYBODY is going to develop the same way.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:18am
  248. You're an idiot Jessica. You think this doesn't happen every single solitary day between opposite-sex couples? Do they end up in jail? Sit down and shut up.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:50am
  249. Christopher Adams, what you are referring to is incest. And that is an entirely different thing.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:53pm
  250. it’s about time! if she’d been straight, there wouldn’t have been any issue. sickening.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:54pm
  251. Jessica sleeman, do you know anything about the story? Or are you talking out your ass? They were both minors when the relationship started.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:54pm
  252. Still ad to serve a sentence! I really doubt this was predatory pedophilia!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:55pm
  253. Isaac, the are only 3 yrs 5 months apart.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:55pm
  254. Some of you really should get ALL the faces before y’all speak and make yourselves look like idiots.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:57pm
  255. Facts*

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:57pm
  256. Teenagers are more adult than they are thought!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:58pm
  257. Ashley you being a sarcastic bitch doesn’t get your point across any better. Just results in getting a sarcastic bitch remark back. Yes I read the article. She was charfed when she was 18 and the other child was 14, and they were STILL having sex. Do you know what you’re talking about?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:59pm
  258. Wow you know how many male female relationships there are like that in high school and no one thinks ANYTHING! Of that!! Senior and freshman… Smh with Florida law what a damn shame!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:01pm
  259. I don’t get it. What’s new? An 18 year old had sex with a 14 year old. That’s still illegal right?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:02pm
  260. Lock her up and throw away the key!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:02pm
  261. I’m a gay man. I believe 14 is way too young to be dealing with a sexual relationship. Even if they were truly in love, the older one needed to exercise self-control and wait until the younger was of legal age. It’s asked of hetero relationships and we (in LGBT community) should not be treated any differently. Childhood and adolescence is a precious time and needs to be protected.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:02pm
  262. Most seniors are 17, and when I was growing up my dating a senior as a freshman wasn’t going to happen. My parents wouldn’t allow that, as NO parent in their RIGHT mind should.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:03pm
  263. Amen Joseph Joseph Hartman. Finally… some folks actually do get it.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:04pm
  264. It’s illegal; end of story!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:05pm
  265. Katie Lockley

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:06pm
  266. Crazy part about it all is ur parents can not n have no right to wipe ur butt every time u sit down.. it gets to be a point where the human mind is made up. U know what u want how u want it n when.. n that’s all to it. No-one can wake u up. Twist a clock around n say okay ima be ur every thought if a hour. Every choice of a minute and every step of a sec. Or undress u when u want ur gf. Bf. Around u… Love man has a way of taking hold of u. N if everyone approved of what they felt was love. The whole world die alone n miserable….

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:09pm
  267. Should have never been locked up

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:09pm
  268. Still gonna have to register as a sex offender and that’s sad…

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:10pm
  269. But I do agree. The age wasn’t like oh I’m 24. N she’s 28. Being that is was underage rather over. The law does say one thing. But I wonder how many people actually know their law… As parents do we really sit down n teach our children every single law….??? Raise ur hands who all do. Prolly no-one because no-one can honestly say they know every law out there.. n that’s the part that makes this case said.. their really 3yrs n some change apart n age. N true love I feel would have considered well we are a good bit of urs apart n age we need to sit down with our parents n talk on how were feeling. N I think this may have went a lot diff. Because as parents they would have said just wait a few yrs for one another. Anyone could turn Yall in. N still it be on the news. Not the underage parents feeling it was their only choice becaue it wasn’t. They never heard one word their daughter Said.. n poor underage girl. They showing her she has no voice. This 14 has a long life of loneliness ahead if she never has parents who care to listen.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:15pm
  270. finally out way to go.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:18pm
  271. thats bullshit. judgmental homophobic uptight sorry ass cunt of a judge!!!!! they wouldnt have even took out charges on the girl if she had a dick!!!!!
    news to the parents: get a life and let your daughters and sons live their life and love who they want. love isnt about the color of our skin or the sexuality within, its about true happiness. thats something that some of you people dont understand nor will you ever until the day your daughter or son take their own life because of your judgmental, cruel, and hatred ways of not accepting your child for who they are but what you want them to be. and as for god, my religion is agnostic but i do know this, we are all gods children and he gave us life and acceptance for who we are and loves us unconditionally no matter whom we want to share our life with. so for all you homophobic assholes out there, do yourself and your children a favor by watching Prayers for Bobby. it is based on a true story, maybe that will change your mind!!!!!

#equality
    #2014

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:21pm
  272. This should have never happened to this poor girl. Such a sad event, but I’m very happy that she is out of jail. I am hopeful that something positive will one day arise from all of this.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:23pm
  273. I think everything is situational and the bottom line for a situation is anyone at all should at least be 16 for sexual relations with others and the length of the relationship status of the couple should be looked at as well as the age difference. I could understand a 4 year difference if they were both older but 14 and 18 is a huge jump, especially for a sexual relationship. 20 and 24 sounds a lot better, but 14? Even 16 and 20 sounds sketchy. I know theres a huge gap in between my boyfriend and i but im also almost 20 and ive never once had sex with someone before the age of 18 either, people that young dont know restraint or consequences for there actions and shouldnt engage in concepts they dont truly understand the severity or maturity of.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:24pm
  274. It’s illegal, she should have been hanging with girls her age.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:24pm
  275. Florida Americas toilet. FLUSH!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:25pm
  276. Anna RainbowLes Blaze not Untill they watching the coffin hit six feet under from their children taking their life. I hate to see parents bitch n birch n then when their children react n a harmful manner ready to fucking cry. Why u crying. U putting them thur pain. They think shit so bad n wrong Untill kids kill them selves then they think Damn was it really so bad to the point of rather see them dead.. million dollar ?

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:26pm
  277. kinda late …

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:30pm
  278. Hate crime my ass!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:30pm
  279. Serious Inquiries Only!!!! if anyone is interested in a great paying, prov-en work from home opportunity. I work for a company that offers great benefits and great pay every Friday!!! No cold calling, no kits in the mail, no chasing anyone around!! This makes real good money!! And great benefits!! This will change your financial income 100%!! I decided to take that step and I’m very successful, don’t see why you won’t!! Step up today and start getting paid every Friday!!! Send me a friend request, and a message for the info!! This is not a scam… There is many scams online so beware!!! NO SCAM 100% legit… You will be thanking me later and that’s a promise!!USA and Canada only!!!!>>>>>>>

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:33pm
  280. 14 is just too young & an 18yr old should have known better… i dont care if is male/female, female/female, male/male. the parents of a hetero/homo sexual child have an obligation to protect their child… both of those girls probably would or may desire to have children one day, i would hope regardless of that childs sexual orientation, at 14… they would do what is necessary to preserve & protect them from adult situations until they are adults.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:34pm
  281. With some senior’s being 18 and some freshman being 14, perhaps they should separate the classes to different schools. This shit happens all the time with “straight” kids whether you are willing to accept it or not.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:34pm
  282. It is awful….jail 2 yrs of house arrest…what the fuck is going on….someone steals a loaf of bread gets 4 yrs…..a white collar criminal steals millions get 9 months in minimum security…it is disgusting!!! Nothing more than homophobia!! Bigots!!

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:38pm
  283. Laws are laws… Regardless of same sex rights. Laws were broken and she got it easy compared to some. She should be thankful she won’t be in jail for her 21st birthday

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:48pm
  284. Completely stupid all around. This never should have even been a case.

Posted on Monday, December 23, 2013 at 11:51pm
  285. this is so wrong that she had to go to jail, and now TWO years house arrest?! A travesty!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:06am
  286. About time -.- she is not a pedophile they were together even before she turned over age.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:07am
  287. I’m curious to know how many of you screaming “homophobia” are parents of young girls..this case had everything to do with the law and the fact that the 14 yo’s parents told the 18 yo to stay away. If there was an 18 year old, legal adult, male or female sending my daughter nude photos, you better believe I’m gonna have something to say about it. I would do anything necessary to protect my child because at that age, she is still a CHILD. As far as I can see, this young lady got off easy. I have seen plenty of stories involving young men who are now required to register as sex offenders for the same violations. This girl thankfully does not.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:10am
  288. She is so pretty! I hate that she is going thru these things. My opinion if they don’t want things like this happening they need to separate the ages better. I just feel so sorry for her.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:12am
  289. Shit thats messed up at least get someone from ur age girl dam

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:12am
  290. first they could sent her to jail

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:18am
  291. Yet Zimmerman kills a boy and gets NOTHING…? Logical ??

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:23am
  292. Kills a boy in self defense, who was beating him to death. I would have shot him too,

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:34am
  293. Are we all of a sudden the jury? Come on, leave her be.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:23am
  294. ive no problem with it until i saw 19 and 14 the age gap is a bit too big. it all becomes numbers once the younger one is 18, but well under 18 they will drop the hammer. tell her to wait it out until the younger one is of age and if the love is real it will be there then too. my cousin ran into trouble when he was 20 and his boyfriend was 17. the parents lost their shit and went after him. i am sure they were reacting to learning their son was gay and being spiteful, but they had legal ground on their side to be that way. same sex, or mixed couple race or gender be smart about who you build time with if someone is under legal age be careful

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:24am
  295. So if she was ‘ugly’ Tabitha, would it be okay for her to be going through this?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:24am
  296. She has Scandinavian eyes *O*

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:28am
  297. Never would have happened if it was heterosexual relationship. The judge was really harsh with her sentence.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:28am
  298. Can’t wait to see people defend a 19 year old sleeping with a 14 year old

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:31am
  299. Hope they can be happy now, or at least stay friends!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:32am
  300. STILL GOTA BE CAREFUL OF AGE!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:35am
  301. This is unfair treatment of lbgtq communities. Dont worry maam i believe you didnt do wrong you just are too different for the world to handle you. Be who you are and remember your not alone.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:38am
  302. She was 18 at the time. There are people with relationships with a bigger age difference.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:39am
  303. Wow, she got off light! She better consider herself lucky. Breaking that kind of law and not even having to register? She got a slap on the wrist.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:40am
  304. am i missing something, don’t you people arguing that she was under 18 when it started realize that 16 is legal adult in MOST states?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:47am
  305. and their are romeo and juliet laws for teenagers whose ages are not that far apart.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:51am
  306. When this news hit, the first article said the girl was sixteen not fourteen.

The parents disagreed with the girls dating and waited until the older one was 18 and then called the cops. Assholes.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:49am
  307. people need to stop with the “why are 14 year olds having sex” thing… many of our parents/grand parrents were not much older. its almost like they are saying do as I say and not as I do. or its ok for us to do it but not ok for you to do it. While I dont like teens having sex regardless of gender or sexuality, for the simple fact of maturity issues. at the end of the day, this particular situation was because they were gay. The parents did not try to stop it, when the older one was 17 or younger. they waited until she turned 18 to say its a problem.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:51am
  308. I’m glad she’s free. And the Same week as Putin’s Stalinist Russia frees Pussy Riot. Nice!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:55am
  309. the silent voice is the 14 year old, whether or not she is actually a lesbian, and the parents whether or not they are homophobic. i BET they try to put here through some x gay bs, but i know that is conjecture.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:57am
  310. she may be free and have the chance of her record being sealed but the stigma and with this being so public will still follow her everywhere

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:00am
  311. its been a very difficult time for Kate and her family..blessings to her

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:09am
  312. I’m a lesbian n I don’t care how much she thinks she loved me that age gap is wayyy to big… She’s a child (14) …she at an age. She discovering herself this. 19 year old was wrong. She should still be in.jail she took her youth soo wrong in every aspect…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:11am
  313. oh my fucking goodness. criminalizing high school relations are a fucking JOKE, gay or straight…or in between. it doesn’t matter.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:20am
  314. She should have to register she was not a teen but an adult

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:27am
  315. Angel Dee SHES OUT

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:35am
  316. People go to jail for having consensual sex with someone they love and who loves them back – but – people stay away from jail that kill and rob and destroy our economy (big banks). What the hell is wrong with this country?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:45am
  317. If two people love one another and both agree to have sex, what the hell is wrong with that? People are bigots and just dont like the idea of two people of the same sex having sex. Thats all it is.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:46am
  318. My girlfriend is 5 years younger then me. At one point she was 16 and I was 21. This is insane. And I agree if it was a guy and girl no one would have even cared. I’m still with my gf btw. She’s 20 and I’m gonna be 25 next month.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:51am
  319. I support Kate… I think if you are in highschool you should be able to date another highschooler weather you are freshman dating a senior or whatever… if it woldnt matter in 10 years it shouldnt matter now

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:56am
  320. all sex offenders should be given the death penalty. That way the idea of a victim marrying her perp or the idea of the victim having to co parent are non issues.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:12am
  321. This was effin ridiculist. They were both teenagers I assure you no one forced anyone into anything

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:12am
  322. omg, what a surprise. more gay/lesbian shit on fb.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:14am
  323. Good just in time for Christmas.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:16am
  324. The ironic thing is, if this woman were instead a straight white male, I bet there wouldn’t be nearly the same level of outrage at the convict being jailed.
    The parents wouldn’t have been bigoted towards a straight relationship though, so it’s less likely that there would be any jailing in that case anyways. Still.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:17am
  325. Nick Lowe is jealous his gay shit isn’t on FB

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:17am
  326. They convict her but let Casey Anthony and Zimmerman walk……………

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:21am
  327. well the girl was underage n that’s my only concern there i’m not worried about the gay thing heck i’m bi

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:23am
  328. They should never of locked her up. If it was a boy they wouldn’t have done that.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:30am
  329. Statutory rape is statutory rape. It doesn’t matter whether it’s two females, two males or male and female. If this was a 18 year old guy doing it with a 13/14 year old boy, we wouldn’t be having this debate…the older boy would be read the riot act. if this were an 18 year old boy sleeping with a 13/14 year old girl, this wouldn’t be a debate, everyone would want the boy nailed to a wall.

Why is it that because it’s two girls, suddenly….it’s….okay….?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:37am
  330. This is ridiculous!!! And not just because I am gay — because i would think the same thing if it were a boy and girl! The US — and Florida in general — have become “obsessed”. I’d like EVERY ONE of the lawmakers, politicians, and parents, to look back on their own childhood/teenage years, and realize that at SOME point, they too — most likely — engaged in “underage sexual experimentation”. The fact that these 2 girls had an on going relationship PRIOR to Kaitlyn turning 18 SHOULD BE the legal “burden of proof”. Additionally, the fact that the other teen was NOT coerced in ANY way, and was a willing participant in the relationship — this should NEVER have gone to court!!! What a waste of taxpayers time and money!!! NO parent should have the “right” to abuse their children the way the younger teen’s parents have done to her!! And make no mistake — the parents were the ones “abusing” their daughter — not Kaitlyn!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:45am
  331. Released from jail after completing her sentence? Wow, how shocking.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:55am
  332. Age of consent in Florida is eighteen, and if someone eighteen or older has sex with someone under the age of sixteen, then it’s a crime. For people saying she was seventeen when it happened, it doesn’t really matter. Close-in-age exemptions exist in Floridian law.

Not a matter of homophobia (at least not from a legal perspective; the parents may have been homophobic), not a matter of right and wrong. It’s a matter of law.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:02am
  333. Why is it in the adult word, it is not a big deal to have age gaps like 20 and 55?
    But any younger and its a huge crime?

There is a 4 year difference between the two, and from what it seems it had been going on long before. the parents were just mad about it.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:18am
  334. I lost my virginity at 18 to a 16 year old boy even though the age of consent is 18 in my state. I mean really, who gives a shit?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:24am
  335. Everyone, get your facts straight. Ms. Hunt turned 18 before the school year started in August. The first sexual incident happened in November, according to both Ms. Hunt and her younger girlfriend. Charges were not brought until February, AFTER Ms. Hunt had gotten warnings from at least the other adults in her life (her parents not included). This was also weeks AFTER she picked her girlfriend up and took her back to Ms Hunt’s home to engage in more sex acts after the younger girl had run away from home. How could the parents “wait until she was 18,” when she was almost 19? Ms. Hunt was given plenty of warning, if not from them, then from other people (hello, she was kicked off the basketball team for this relationship), before the parents took action. Then, on top of this, the judge issued a no contact between Ms. Hunt and the younger girl, and Ms. Hunt disobeyed THAT (giving her an ipod with text capabilities). Ms. Hunt’s mom even threatened the younger girl if she told anyone about it. Look up the court information. It’s public information. Now stop being manipulated and learn to think for yourselves…

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:37am
  336. Good!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:09am
  337. But its ok when their both underage,no one seems to care about that

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  338. Disgusting. no one should be having sex with a 14 year old.
    and to all you saying “oh hurr they were dating long before” Doesn’t make it any less disgusting. just makes her even younger.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:15am
  339. This was in the news months ago, and in the original article the parents stated that it had nothing to do with her being gay. They had asked her several times to stay away from their daughter because they felt she was too old, but she didn’t respect their wishes, and in fact, helped the girl run away instead. She deserves the punishment she got- not because she’s gay, but because she broke the law. She was also offered a plea deal that included NO jail time when she was first arrested, but declined to take it and opt for the “I’m gay” defence, and subsequently cried to the media when that didn’t work. However, her argument that it wouldn’t have gotten this far if she had been a male is completely correct- 18 year old males that have sex with underage girls don’t get media coverage, they go straight to prison and get labelled a sex offender for the rest of their lives. I don’t have any sympathy for her. She’s not entitled to special treatment just because she’s gay.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:31am
  340. so glad this girl got released there was absolutely NO reason this girl should have been put in jail! They were very close to the same age and was dating long before the girl turned 18.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:32am
  341. If she was a guy she wouldn’t ever get out… If you want equal rights then it needs to be on all accords

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:39am
  342. Casey carson has the best
    comment on here by far. Read his.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:45am
  343. Where I grew up, in Europe, this wouldn’t even hit the funny papers…..

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:50am
  344. Only a perverted, neo-Victorian, sexually oppressed country could ever be the judge of sexual relations….of course, a country with an impeccable reputation as for affairs (straight or gay) of Government and clerical officials…..

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 4:55am
  345. *Yawn*

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:16am
  346. Another comment on the backwater laws in FL.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:17am
  347. doesn’t matter WHEN the relationship started. my brother was with a girl for YEARS and they accidentally got pregnant a little before her 18th birthday and he was charged as a sex offender. law is law whether you be gay, lesbian, trans*, bisexual, or straight. quit being easy on this girl.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:55am
  348. If.the law has such a big problem with this stop.making these kids go to school together may I remind freshman are 14-15 n seniors are 17-18 their obviously gonna date DUH!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5:57am
  349. About goddamn time.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:00am
  350. Ppl will date! And parents can as responsible adults help them make their choice. Not like these parents. Wait in hiding for over a year till the other person turns 18 and then throw the book! All you ppl going bonkers above who can’t see the homophobia of the parent are bigoted!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:01am
  351. always in fucking florida

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:03am
  352. Consequences. This is why sleeping around in high school is a bad idea. If the age difference is right, someone could go to jail.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:08am
  353. good

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:10am
  354. My step father is 17 years my mother’s junior. 18 and 14 are not that far apart and not significantly much different than a 21 and a 17 year old. Glad she’s out, but this was a miscarriage of justice. There should be some kind of age span that is allowable as long as it is consensual. Of course, we know why this happened. Karma is a b tho. parents gonna reap what they sew

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:10am
  355. I believe in the age group when it’s dealing with kids 17 and below. Once your 18+ do what you wish. Until then…anything more than 3 years apart is not right in my eyes.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:22am
  356. You break that law you get jailed it’s just that fucking simple. Do you idiots honestly think that as LGBT we are somehow above the law?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:30am
  357. Wow what about the men raping young woman they get away with it but because it’s in Florida and of course lesbians they take that more serious then people getting killed and molested every damn day . These laws are fuxked up , very ashamed of this state and it’s priorities .

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:35am
  358. stupid country

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:41am
  359. Regardless homo or hetero relationship… A 14 year old and an 18 year old is not ok.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 6:57am
  360. That shit was crazy and just sad

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:08am
  361. If this had been boy/girl, it would have been just another day in America. Total miscarriage of justice to give that girl jail and years of house arrest. Stupid, homphobic, wasteful “non-justice”. This is all about the younger girl’s homphobic parents looking for someone to “blame” for their daughter’s sexual orientation. Narcissistic, violent parents.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 7:20am
  362. Funny u never see this happen when its the other way around

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:40am
  363. No se por qué tanto escándalo con las lesbianas, si la biblia rohíbe específicamente el sexo entre hombres, entre hermanos, etc. etc. pero NO prohíbe el sexo entre mujeres. Pueden comprobarlo.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 8:58am
  364. This has wrong written all over it.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:02am
  365. Law is the law, i was always careful not doing anything with my underage girlfriend, but her in New Mexico she can be 17 :) but still the law is the law

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:28am
  366. You know, I am curious if her and the younger girl are even still together to this day. Probably not, and if they are they must be on a severe DL type situation. Honestly, IF and I am not saying I knew what happened, I am just basing this off of what I had read. If they were dating prior to this woman turning 18, and there was sex happening before as well, then there shouldn’t be anything wrong. It seems like more of a hate crime on the parents end, kinda a shame when you think about it. That could have been true love regardless of age, and it potentially is dead and gone.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 9:43am
  367. your right about that, but if this story is true i love gay ppl im bi my self but shes 18 she should know better if she dont go to jail thats swending the wrong message to other ppl who have done it. why should she get any special reprive thats like giveing a slap on the wrist to a sex offender doing the same shit.

Replied on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:32am
  368. Shes hots lol

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:36am
  369. I’m a bit confused by the article. Were they about the same age when the younger girl was about 14, or was the older girl 18 and the younger girl was 14. At that age, there is a lot of experimenting and curiosity going on, but older teens are generally wary of younger kids – partly because younger children have a harder time coping with break-ups and such. I remember when my daughter was 13 and had a crush on a basketball player. She was manager of the team, but when she wouldn’t kiss him and engage in PDAs, he started dating her best friend. The lesson for my daughter was that she was less trusting of older boys and maintained control. Still, if it had been a 18 year old boy and a 14 year old girl, it probably wouldn’t have gone well for the boy.

I do remember when I was 16 and was dating a girl who was 18. I threatened to take off my shoes which would have been grounds for statutory rape if it had been a 18 year old boy with a 16 year old girl. In this case, the case seems to involve more than just “statutory rape technicalities” and may have included some threats.

On the other hand, the fact that a 14 year old girl was seeking out the 18 year old girl could have been an attempt to get help. Often, 14 year old girls have a number of struggles going on. I had several 14 year old girl friends (not dating) who were being molested by their step-fathers or other adult authority figures. When they tried to discuss it with their mothers they were accused of making it up and punished for lying. These girls were lucky to find me because my parents were very good at working with children and their parents to get such issues resolved and helped not only my friends, but friends of my brothers and my sisters.

It’s pretty easy to see that the parents were homophobic, that their daughter had tried to share her nature as a lesbian with them and had been persecuted for her honesty. Too often, parental abuse in the name of religious zeal is excused – even when the same activities without the religion, especially by minority parents, would have resulted in the child being taken out of the home.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:43am
  370. I am gay and although I think jail is extreme. I do not believe 18 yo people gay or straight should be dating and or having sex with 14 yo it is a violation of boundaries. It has a very different impact on a 14 yo than a young adult at 18. I also do not have a problem with age differences as my partner is much older than me .

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 10:58am
  371. If the tables were turned… It’s about time, power trippin dickweeds.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:32am
  372. hope she’s able to have a happy and contented christmas at home!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:34am
  373. again i love gay ppl and im bi but if she is 18 she should have said look im not gonna send u no pics or have sex with u till ur 18 to thats like telling other men or woman that having sex with under age girtls/boys is ok as long as its love, thats y i never dated a girl thats under 18. she shouldnt get any reprive from this maybe now she will find someone close to her age

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 11:36am
  374. It’s about time that they released her… she and her “underaged girlfriend”, had consensual sex!! This is all thanks to the backwards thinking, homophobic, moron parents of the gf!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:06pm
  375. It really doesn’t matter if it’s because she is gay. She broke the law. I know for a fact that I was not capable of making appropriate decisions about sex when I was 14. Plenty of men go to jail for having exactly this kid of relationship with a child. That girl is a minor in her parents home and subject to their rules. She should count herself lucky, in some states they go after the minor as well. That girl knew she want supposed to be taking advantage of a 14 year old child.

Here is a little way of telling if your date is to young. If on date night she isn’t old enough to pick you up in a car, but you are, you possibly shouldn’t be touching her genitals.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 12:48pm
  376. This case is bullshit you don’t see them locking up the straight kids having sex. She should have waited but damn this only went to court because it was a lesbian relationship.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:17pm
  377. This bull shit about how it’s only because she’s gay is ridiculous. I like how the celebrities/experts in the case day they have NEVER heard of this happening with a boy and a girl. Really? I find that odd, since one of my friends was arrested and served his time when he was 19 and sleeping with his 15 year old girlfriend. He was on probation for 3 years after that too. That didn’t get news coverage, because it was just a boy and a girl. This whole story is only in the news because she is gay, no other reason, and I think that’s what is truly hypocritical and ridiculous. The fact is that parents of minors reserve the right to press charges, even if it’s just a typical high school relationship to most people. Happens all the time across America, whether the experts want to acknowledge it or not.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:24pm
  378. Mandi Apple Collingridge take a midol and calm the he’ll down. Did I ever say it only happens between gays? No. So dont put words in my mouth ans furthermore don’t act all high and mighty when clearly you’re tje Damon idiot.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:40pm
  379. Lol.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:43pm
  380. Imagine if this was a fourteen-year-old boy and an adult woman. No one would bat an eyelid. If anything, the boy would be cheered on. The woman wouldn’t be targeted. This shit is ridiculous, and if not homophobic, it’s certainly sexist.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:56pm
  381. Should never have gone to jail. Ridiculous. :(

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 1:59pm
  382. The woman wouldn’t be targeted Martin Seaton, clearly you don’t pay attention to the news of all the teachers getting charged and put in nail for having sex with their students. Yes they do bat an eyelid. I certainly do. I don’t care gay straight man woman….its wrong.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:07pm
  383. Good lord.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:08pm
  384. Yay Merry Christmas Kate

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:09pm
  385. She’s lucky that’s all the time she got. I personally would not allow my 14year old to date an 18 year old. Male or female. Add in the naked pictures, the pot smoking, and the running away? Not to mention having sex at school in the bathroom. Hell no. That girl should have respected the 14year olds parents wishes and stayed away. And don’t call it love. Love doesn’t date a 27 year old at the same time as a 14 year old.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:17pm
  386. This whole thing was and is nothing more than homophobic BS! You don’t see any parents coming after Senior’s dating Freshmen. And knowing that our children, now have sexual relations as the norm when dating, I ask you is this a double standard too.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:34pm
  387. This has,nothing to do with discrimination. What she did was illegal and shes fortunate she is getting the opportunity to redeem herself and isnt having to register as a sex offender.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 2:50pm
  388. This is crazy….Underage sex should NOT be allowed, but, in this situation it was screwed up by vindictive parents. Should have had a non-sexual relationship til they BOTH were 18.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:03pm
  389. The parents were at fault for being homophobic but not for being against the underage sex.

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:03pm
  390. Did her sexual education include gay and. Lesbian education? Did she know the age of consent?

Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 3:34pm