‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch makes ‘vile’ statements to describe LGBT people

Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Phil Robertson

Phil Robertson

Update, 9:00 p.m. EST

A&E Network said Wednesday evening that “Duck Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson is off the show indefinitely after condemning gays as sinners in a magazine interview. More here.

In an interview with GQ magazine, Phil Robertson — patriarch of the family whose duck hunting products have made them a fortune, and landed them their own reality show, “Duck Dynasty,” on A&E — speaks out against homosexuality, in what GLAAD calls “the vilest and most extreme statements uttered against LGBT people in a mainstream publication.”

Robertson’s outrageous remarks are “littered with outdated stereotypes and blatant misinformation,” said GLAAD, in a statement. Among Robertson’s statements:

“It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

And later in the article:

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

[...]

As far as Phil is concerned, he was literally born again. Old Phil — the guy with the booze and the pills — died a long time ago, and New Phil sees no need to apologize for him:

“Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil’s lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe,” said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz.

“He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans – and Americans – who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples. Phil’s decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families,” said Cruz, in a statement issued by GLAAD.

GLAAD says it has reached out to A&E to discuss Robertson’s remarks.

Archives: , , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. Off with his head!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:26pm
  2. What do you expect from an inbred?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:26pm
  3. Speaking of vile, the man should look in the mirror!!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:26pm
  4. I certainly don't agree with his homophobia or his religious beliefs, but it isn't my or anyone else's right to punish him because he doesn't happen to like someone else or their values. You can always deal with other people who are more civil and share your beliefs. It's called Free Association.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:31pm
  5. IGNORANT. I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON WHY I NEVER WATCHED THAT STUPID SHOW

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:41pm
  6. That has to be one stupid show. If anyone needs vile comments it is him & that stupid show….

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  7. Hey people, don’t just read this and gnash your teeth. Do something about it. Here on FB there is a GQ page, pages for this idiot and for the show itself. Let them all know that it is NOT ok to bash LGBT people anymore.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  8. can you share them ?

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  9. just did, scroll down

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  10. I'm with you there! Let's DO something about people like this!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  11. great! idea. this has merit.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:52pm
  12. We can boycott the show, their sponsors and GQ (I have cancelled my subscription in protest, which hurts, because I loved all those hot bods) and also speak up. They are counting on our complacency. Go to Phil Robertson's page and just read how many people are chiming in with support for his homophobia…it is sickening and part of a global backlash to our hard-fought gains.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:52pm
  13. He's a pathetic, ignorant swamp rat! Who watches that tripe anyway?

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:21pm
  14. The problem is that by not standing up this idiot, we signal to his followers and fans that it is ok to speak like that….it's not.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:24pm
  15. lets do more!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:27pm
  16. Suggestions?

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:28pm
  17. Message left on DD page. Thanks for the link.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:52pm
  18. Well, what else would you have expected from such white trash!!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  19. I can’t be the only person who completely saw this coming.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  20. Sigh.

I can sit through an episode of this show because I like the show.

But this…well…shit.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  21. What did you expect from human trash?! These wastes of spaces make tools that imitate the sound of an animal so they can kill that animal easier. I wouldn’t expect anything more from a monster like this or his sick family!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  22. Aww another antihunter....are you vegan? If you are well hey more animals for me and my boyfriend. If not you delude yourself about where meat comes from and are funny.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43pm
  23. So I come to this page to defend the rights of my people like my sister and yourself and you bash me because I defend the rights of animals as well. Now that's a hoot!!! Never met someone who wants rights while at the same time taking those same rights away from someone else. My first gay monster!! Nice to meet you!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  24. Why do we care?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  25. Rednecks condemning bestiality? That’s interesting.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:27pm
  26. They’re rednecks. Honestly what do you expect?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:28pm
  27. Tiffany Nelson

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:28pm
  28. Take a shower fuck face!!!’

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:28pm
  29. That’s why I dont watch them. Backwoods hicks who made a lot of money and now wants to shove their opinions down my throat. Dont think so.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:28pm
  30. figures

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:28pm
  31. He’s A Fu*king Idiot.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:29pm
  32. just filthy pigs….

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:29pm
  33. Hah, not surprised. Never saw the appeal of this type of show anyway, but they condemn males who are gay but no mention of lesbians, typical.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:29pm
  34. I noticed that too Jessica, typical of someone who is threatened by any other guy. Maybe he isn't a fan of gay men because none of us will hit on him!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  35. My darlings, please..the man is a devout christian on the shock and awe..its not my religion…and it doesnt have to be yours…but its his. We have hate crimes and marraige equality to.fight for…not this…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:29pm
  36. This is what LEADS to hate crimes and people fighting against marriage equality! We can't stop the others if we don't stop THIS!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  37. So we have to stop religion? Uhh what?

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  38. No, this is how we lose. We dont want to ve force fed religion...so we cant force feed our sexuality on the religious.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  39. No Krista, we have to stop people being willing to speak out like this. Throughout most of the country, it's considered taboo to say "ni**er" (including in my mind...) and that's a GOOD thing! It's leading (slowly...) to people considering race to be less important than humanity!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:41pm
  40. And Nicolette, this is NOT forcing sexuality upon anyone. This is simply pointing out to people when they speak offensively that it IS offensive, and to make people unwilling to discuss issues in that way. NOBODY is talking about raping this man, THAT would be forcing their sexuality upon him!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43pm
  41. People speak offensively all the time about religious people too...its the same hate. Christians oppose gay rights...they always will...our fight is with the state the federal gov...not the.church...and urs is with the church type...good luck to you.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  42. the government uses RELIGION to write most of its policies even if they deny it, otherwise WHY do MOST politicians claim to be christian ESPECIALLY when on the campaign trail?

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  43. I dont want to be converted and i dont want to be the.convertor thats not a word but im using it.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  44. I believe he had the right to express his religious beliefs, like i believe i have the right not to be a part of his religion. I dont want to be exploited and i.dont want to.exploit anyone. I dont want my rights at the expense of others on this particular level. I also.dont want to argue with my community

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:51pm
  45. It's not the same hate. I've yet to hear a single person speak against ANY religion that wasn't already out there trying to force others to accept the beliefs of that religion!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
  46. We are bashing a man for speaking about his religious beliefs. Its juvenile

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:18pm
  47. Christians hate gays..or at least condemn it...this isnt breaking news

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:20pm
  48. Total trash!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:29pm
  49. That’s the true Christians for ya its bigots like that who give true Christians a bad name.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:29pm
  50. When was the last time he got laid?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  51. No surprise there

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  52. Stupid BIGOT

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  53. And that is why I don’t watch Duck Dynasty and never will

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  54. Old red neck in hating gays shocker. They read a prayer at the end of each episode he was obviously going to be anti homosexual. Not defending it in the slightest but its hardly a shock.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  55. No no nooooo.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  56. Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  57. Hes a redneck huntersmen who has a show about his other redneck friends and relatives

Did you not expect this or…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  58. Why are people so surprised? Since when has christian bible toting believers approved of anything LGBTQ related?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  59. What would you expect from this character? Im surprised he can even speak!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  60. The dynasty will fall.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  61. Who cares about some ignorant backwoods redneck, and his ignorant backwoods redneck view!!!????

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:30pm
  62. Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  63. Ah ok. I’ve watched this bullshit for the last time.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  64. Just look at him. I’m not surprised.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  65. I don’t watch the show often, but find it amusing. Won’t be watching anymore in the future.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  66. Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  67. People are surprised by this? Seriously?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  68. Not surprised, just disappointed. Actually, a little surprised, we've been making great strides so that people wouldn't be talking about it as much... That's why we're so focused on it, because the less people are willing to discuss it, the fewer people who will be opposed to it!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  69. I suppose you are right. I am just a realist in most cases.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  70. Im a redneck and a hunter and so is my fiance and we are lesbians

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  71. This Makes Me Sad ! I Actually Like The Show!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  72. You can’t expect much from ignorance.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  73. Let your voices be heard!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:31pm
  74. See now with these comments you are making you sound just as stupid as he does. Practice what you preach, you want respect, you have to earn it and show that you deserve respect. I do not agree with him but this is his opinion. I am not going to attack him in a childish manner.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:32pm
  75. We've as a community have treated others with respect to only be continued to be discriminated against and have vile things said about us. This is just us treating them the way they treat us.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  76. Time to stop the us and them

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  77. channel your energy to bigger and better things

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  78. Sorry Karen, but you're wrong. Allowing people to continue to talk like this without speaking out leads to people thinking that's okay. And then that leads to thinking that it's okay to discriminate. And then that leads in only a few short steps to people thinking it's okay to brutally murder Matthew Shepard!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:44pm
  79. Some people take shit laying down and some don't take shit at all! Guess Karen sleeps a lot.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:59pm
  80. I'm not saying don't speak out, I am saying say it with respect. When you start the badgering and name calling it just defeats the whole purpose.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  81. I'm not SAYING DON'T TAKE IT....JUST STOP THE NAME CALLING. It only puts you in a bad light! duh!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
  82. Okay, I take back my statement then. I misunderstood you, I thought you were saying not to speak out.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:03pm
  83. OH no I believe in speaking out. Don't be a drone. lol

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:15pm
  84. Lacrissa smh at what? I am saying speak out....you have an issue with that? Or am I misunderstanding your smh?

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:44pm
  85. HOW CAN YOU LIKE SHIT LIKE THIS?!?!?!?! HE SHOULD TAKE A BULLET TO THE HEAD

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:32pm
  86. Why do we focus on who doesn’t like us as opposed to those who do…?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:32pm
  87. Because the ones who are opposed lead to the ones who kill people simply for being gay.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  88. Brian, Seriously? You need to learn some more of the Bible and be able to tell who a Christian is. I'm straight, a Christian and I have gay friends and family. Why? Because a REAL Christian is supposed to LOVE everyone, no matter what. So because I am a Christian, I'm going to lead people to kill gays? Bullshit.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  89. Krista, funny you tell people to learn more of the bible. It's filled with hatred. Are you aware of that?? The WBC are a crazy bunch but when it comes to the bible, they know it.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:42pm
  90. What's that got to do with it Krista? You aren't the one speaking out about how being gay is a sin? THIS man's words DO!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:01pm
  91. Don’t care great ago great people

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:32pm
  92. Idiot hillbilly.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:32pm
  93. I’m shocked!!!! SHOCKED I tell you!!! (sarc)

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  94. Yeah he is ignorant, all he needs is education

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  95. I have never seen the show, but from what I have heard about it, this does not surprise me

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  96. And I liked you… :(

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  97. Who cares? He’s an old school 1950′s man. Plus he’s christian. Not new age. Leave the nan alone. I’ve heard worse described about gay people.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  98. THANK YOU!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  99. So have I, but that doesn't change the fact that we still need to point out how wrong this kind of speech is, because leaving it alone leads to people thinking that it's okay to kill gay people!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  100. So it's ok if a HUGELY popular show with an equally large following preaches hate speech? It doesn't have to be anyone else's religion, the fact that A&E is tolerating this kind of ignorance makes it everyone else's business. He can have his faith, he just needs to keep his OPINIONS to himself or deal with everyone else imparting THEIRS!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  101. I knew there was a reason I don’t watch that show.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  102. I am with Donald. he is vile looking himself..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  103. I myself am not Christian im an atheist however I love the show and I am gay… everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  104. i was just thinkning the same thing, i'm am not gay but do have many gay friends. i love the show too and if you notice he may have said he finds it wrong but he doesn't judge. he's allowed his opinion as is everyone else.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:46pm
  105. Actually, he's perpetuating nonsense arguments that many on the right agree with. He's a celebrity with influence. This is far more than just having an opinion. Further, he quotes a passage of scripture that doesn't say that in Greek. The word in Greek, here translated "homosexual", is actually the word for Pedophile. So, yeah, he's spreading lies, ignorance, and nonsense that a lot of people will continue to be influenced by. That is a good reason to boycott them in my book.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  106. Is he in the film the Hobbit!…..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  107. Someone actually found that desirable enough to produce offspring?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  108. Not that I didn’t expect this……but I’m still disappointed……

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:33pm
  109. Fuck him

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  110. Creep!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  111. Heard worse from people more well known. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (mine is different from his of course) and he said this in an interview, he isn’t out there protesting and preaching in his free time.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  112. Haha. I laugh at people like this

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  113. Are you guys all such whiny little bitches that this hurts you? Seriously me and my boyfriend just were talking about this and saw not a damn thing wrong with what he said. The man stated his beliefs and said its not his job to judge. He stated how HE feels and really its seems like he believes in ministering to “sinners” in his view and not hating them. So again how is this wrong. He has his religion and his point of view and we have ours. All he did was use his first amendment right during a freaking interview and we are up in arms over what exactly? And to the dolt that said he wants to cram his views on others please show me where he said anything about others needing to subscribe to his views?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  114. Sorry Daniel, but you're wrong. People shouldn't feel comfortable stating things like this, because if we allow it to pass without speaking up, it leads in only a few short steps to Matthew Shepard being brutally murdered. That's why so many people spoke up in the 50s and 60s, and suddenly we began to see segregation stop. And now, very few would willingly say that they're for it, because it became an embarassment to them.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  115. Umm NO! Sorry but if you try to criminalize mere speech and not actual action to hurt others you are no better then Russia when it comes to human rights. Please come again when you understand what freedom means and not just whining when feeling are hurt thank you.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  116. unreal!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  117. Looks gross. Talks gross

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:34pm
  118. He has the right to say and believe what ever he wants, just give me equality.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  119. I’m surprised that anyone is surprised!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  120. It’s not about respect Karen E Allen-Richardson it’s about RIGHTS!!! Big difference! !

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  121. I’ve never watched this show it holds no interest to me, and now I am glad I haven’t.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  122. this man i like no more he needs to see him self inside for he spits at others god loves all not just him

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  123. This show is both a FRAUD and WHITE TRASH and for the record they are NOT in the bayou they are in the northeastern part of the state near Monroe.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  124. Well I wasnt too fond of the show in the first place. But really, what did you expect? :/

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  125. If you want to hear what they say, then watch the show. If not, don’t watch. Its that simple. Personally I like the show because its funny and yes, I’m bi……and I have gay/lesbian friends/family members. I don’t agree with his beliefs, but its his opinion and not mine….we’re allowed to have a difference of opinion. Its sad that some folks still feel that way, but the only thing we can do is make one difference at a time and hopefully people will see we’re just the same as they are.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  126. Thank you for being one of the few people with a brain and that seems to love freedom on this page. I am bisexual myself and me and my boyfriend were laughing about this interview literally a few hours before this page posted it. We said basically exactly what you said and just wrote it off as a difference of opinions. Happy Holidays and keep up the common sense.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  127. LMAO @ bisexual!!! Pick a sex and stick with it!! Either you're gay or you aren't!!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:52pm
  128. Why does a person have to pick a sex? Why can't I be with who I choose to be with? Isn't that the whole reasoning behind this page or the "movement?"

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:56pm
  129. OH FFS!!! Read the damn comments!! Can you not read!?! My comment was directed at the other moron!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:01pm
  130. Well, you replied to my comment. Your insults/name calling, how old are you? Its folks like you, that make any valid arguments for our cause....invalid. Try having a true discussion instead of hurling insults.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  131. I replied to the commenter below you and yes, insults sometimes get the point across!! The only thing humans understand is negativity so that's how I respond to you all. If you don't like it, I apologize but as you so delicately put in your first comment .. if you don't like it don't read into it or watch it or whatever the hell you wrote :) Oh and I'm old enough to know when to stay out of someone's business when that business doesn't involve them. Thanks and have a pleasant day!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:09pm
  132. You said your comment was to him....but, it would apply to anyone who is bisexual no? Its really not private business, you're posting on an open forum, so anyone could respond to you. Saying that insults get the point across is ignorant. Insults make any valid conversations mute. Have a great day doll!

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:17pm
  133. I am not surprised one bit!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  134. Ok if he wants to pull the whole “sin” card then maybe that dumb fuck should take a long hard look in a fucking mirror before he says shit. “Thou shalt not judge” seems this prick skipped that part of his bible… ugh its people like him that give Christians a bad rep…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:35pm
  135. i bet hes that ugly cause his mother is his sister and his father is his cousin.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  136. Why is anyone shocked that this inbred hick hates gays?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  137. Sooooo miss informed which makes him stupid poor man with such a narrow mind

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  138. How can we censor him and expect not to be censored ourselves.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  139. In this red neck’s eyes it’s okay if a man marries his sister but two men or two women get married that’s sick…unless they’re related.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  140. Juliee Elizabeth

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  141. Trash begets trash. Just stop supporting this televised train wreck by not watching.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  142. He has his views…I don’t agree, but he has that right…as do I…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  143. Gays are born Gay. He was born to be what he believes, so get over it, he will not change his beliefs. If God had not wanted Gays he would not have let them be born Gay. God loves all of his children.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:36pm
  144. THEY HAVE SO MANY FOLLOWERS/ APPEARS WE HAVE A LOT A PEOPLE WHO WOULD FOLLOW THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT TO HELL

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  145. That’s why I never watched this stupid show. Backwoods,hillbillies with no education. Cancel their show and rid the world of this trash.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  146. A redneck. His opinion matters, why?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  147. Another hater to the list

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  148. Disapointed ..not watching their show and they call themselves Christian.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  149. So he is afraid homosexuality will lead to bestiality…bestiality is legal in 13 states and is only considered a misdemeanor in his state, Louisiana. Educate yourself Duckman.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  150. Culture and Religion is EVERYTHING. This man grew up learning that it was wrong.I’m pansexual and I’m all about supporting LGBTQ … and I am NOT offended. The saying..you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.. He’s an older generation… these things are not normal for them. It’s the same thing as technology..present that to him or the older generation. They’re not going to give in because they grew up just fine with out.
    It’s disrespectful for US to say this shit and single him out because of HIS religion and HIS beliefs..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  151. Daniel Lazzara and Elizabeth Lopez, you are my favorites.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  152. Their ignorant and make all their money from acting like fools. Does this surprise anyone? This is america where we idolize people shows like duck dynasty and honey boo boo and Jersey shore

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:37pm
  153. No H8.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  154. Suddenly I’m not that fond of the robertsons

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  155. I guess that everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how incredibly disgusting, wrong headed and flat out ignorant it happens to be.

“— whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”
    Hopefully unenlightened, fake hillbillies are added to that list for his sake.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  156. I’m gay and I don’t give a crap what anybody says ! It’s their opinion .. I mean I think he’s white trash.. That’s my opinion ..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  157. They need to shut down the show like they did with Paula Dean after making racial slurs. Unacceptable behavior!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  158. This is hardly the worst or most vile thing Ive ever heard anyone say about the LGBT community. He’s entitled to his opinion. We cant devalue every word from every mouth if it’s in direct disagreement. He did not say (unless I missed something, I’m going by what you chose to post in this artivle alone) that we should be put to rest (ive heard that) abolished, terminated or damned our souls to hell. again all of which Ive heard in the name of cristianity.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  159. gotta watch out for that underlying HATE when someone is a thump thump thumper BAD DUCK

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:38pm
  160. He is the only one on Duck Dynasty that has made such comments. He is leaving the show anyway. That won’t be a loss.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  161. does anyone seriously watch this show or pay attention to these inbred hicks?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  162. I don’t watch his show anyway. It must be sad to be on the wrong side of history.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  163. That’s outrageous. Just because one old man has an opinion about gay people that doesn’t mean it will lead to hate crimes… Seriously that’s like him saying being gay leads to beastiality. There’s two sides to it, I’d rather be on the classy side. We need to be people they can respect. We have to stand and earn our right to be respected. The only way you get ahead or understood in this life. Doesn’t bother me one bit.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  164. That’s exactly why I don’t watch those dirty, assholes…..I knew there was a reason why I don’t watch them….

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  165. I have never watched this show. I like the Turtle Man.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  166. i’m not surprised. he’s a fucking redneck

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:39pm
  167. One of Americas finer!!!! What a jerk.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  168. I don’t understand people who like this show with these brain-damaged fools!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  169. I agree is it going to shut down Paula Deen they need to shut down duck dynasty .. Hate and prejudices universal.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  170. Ignorance, pure and simple.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  171. No do not fool yourselves into believing his opinions matter. ..they don’t ,he has a right to verbal dirrhoea , and to the repercussions of his stupidity, that is all.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  172. And that’s why I have unfollowed them! No more hatred and bigotry! Come on

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  173. Rednecks and hillbillies are often known to be rude. Not saying all of them are but don’t let it get to you guys and gals. Just someone else that is jealous in my eyes. Haters hate because they are jealous of something

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  174. We are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I don’t agree with Phil’s comments or beliefs but do support his right to be vocal about how he feels. As a member of the LGBT community I feel comfortable with myself and feel no hatred with those not in support of us all. Freedom of speech, that’s all it is. Love the show & will continue to support it. Semper Fi

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:40pm
  175. someone expected better?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:41pm
  176. Duck Dynasty is what’s wrong with America.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:41pm
  177. I use a pet trimmer. is that going to lead to shaving animals?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:41pm
  178. I use to watch duck dynasty but after this statement that offends my relationship maybe I will no longer watch it.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:41pm
  179. I would be interested in hearing the entire conversation. Often things can be terribly twisted.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:42pm
  180. Did i miss something????? He said nothing vile. At least not in my opinion. Lets not blow things out of proportion here.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:42pm
  181. Really people it’s his opinion just his. I’m gay and what he said is only his opinion and it don’t bother me. He didn’t say to kill anyone or put us in a cell some place. He said he doesn’t agree with it and that is it. We the gay Community must have very thin skin to bitch about this.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43pm
  182. Everyone’s allowed to have and share there own opinion. & people are allowed to tell them what they think. But that doesn’t mean we have to agree. I don’t him like or the show.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43pm
  183. F_ck that duck!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43pm
  184. Well opinion are like assholes, everyone has one, and some stink. I don’t agree with Phill. Or any of the religious bs, but I like the show. :)

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43pm
  185. i would not by any of this shit.just like therte tv program,it,s all full of shit

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:44pm
  186. Ignorance is bliss, no matter how stupid their opinions are.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:44pm
  187. Creep

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:44pm
  188. i thought we killed this piece of shit.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:44pm
  189. This truely offends me as a out & proud gay man. My family loves the show “Duck Dynasty” especially my Mother, I have bought her a “Duck Dynasty” calendar & also a book about their family with pictures of them as kids & without there beards. I feel betrayed by them, by purchasing their merchandise, I have given my money to them and the thought that my money could be used by them to exploit my rights as a gay man to marry legally & other equal rights that the LGBT community fights for. This is such a shame, because I actually started to enjoy watching their reality show. A true “Christian” would not say hurtful & cruel things like that in the media. A true “Christian” should except & love people the way that god made them. God made me a gay baby boy, then as I grew up into a proud & out gay man. My Mother said to me that she always knew that I was gay, she said even as a very young child she knew in her heart. If those are the “Robertsons” beliefs then they are entitled to them, its when you make them public to the media that it crosses a line. Karma is a funny thing, a lot of family’s That dislike gays, actually wind up having a gay child, its karma’s way of changing a family’s beliefs. I hope that it happens to them and maybe one day they will understand the struggles we face and endure daily.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:44pm
  190. just because someone has an opinion doesn't make them bad. they have done an excellent job on showing you can still be a reasonable adult and not go off the deep end screaming and threatening like many gays do. they also show that teaching kids to be responsible and respect is better than being trashy and disrespectful. they may be out dated but at least they aren't trashy and immature.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:44pm
  191. dumbledore?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  192. I hate this show. Americans are as dumb as dirt.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  193. I’m all for loving/marrying/having children with WHOEVER you choose in your heart, but I didn’t find what he said that offensive. It was his opinion.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  194. Why are we surprised? ugg

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  195. and the people who watch these fools probably agree with him

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  196. Brian Jones hit this ON THE HEAD!! These are living..break life swamp people

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  197. Pick your battles prople. Are u surprised?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:45pm
  198. Yeah, he came and talked at an event here in McMinnville TN. Made the remark, “for all you closeted homes equals out there: find ya a woman…you’ll like it a lot better.”

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:46pm
  199. listen phil Robertson by making such negative comments about gay people watch your ratings might just drop. at least i hope that they do! i know for myself after hearing what you have done I’m no longer going to watch your show!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:46pm
  200. Hypocrite. He claims that he doesn’t judge people, yet thats exactly what he does in this interview. He uses the same old bigoted stereotypes that so-called Christians use as an excuse to deprive us of our rights. Obviously, he has every right to spew this bullshit. I wonder how many straight people ever stop to consider just how lucky they are? They enjoy all the rights and privileges promised in our constitution, simply because of their sexual orientation. I sure would like to experience that before I die. Assholes like him do everything in their power to prevent that from happening.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:46pm
  201. As a lesbian I feel this story is unjust… what he said in this interview is not vile but his own personal beliefs and as he said “It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me.” he did say that’s just him, he also quoted an actual bible verse again to his beliefs, his former life of drinking and pills to his beliefs are gone… he also stated that it’s not his place to judge and he leaves final judgement to god… what is so vile about that?? I don’t feel he is correct in all of his statements but he has his right to his religion and if that means he believes all LGBT folks will go to hell that is his right to believe that and his 1st amendment right protects his right to say what he believes… I for one agree with him in that it will be god’s final judgment I will face and not that of Man’s judgement… I personally love the show and the basic final thoughts so to speak at the end of the show where they have said things to the effect of you cannot choose your family for whoever they may be but you still stand by their side and love them … is that not what we ask for is that even if we come out if you do not agree with who we may be or who we are with that you as my family still stand by my side and love me… In short I feel that as a part of the LGBT community that as we may feel we should have our rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness which would include marriage that christians also the right to freedom of religion and speech and in our pursuit of our rights we do not have the right to trample on others rights as well…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  202. Phil needs to get a life and screwing with everyone else whether they are gay, straight, transgender or lesbians.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  203. he is a fuckin ACTOR. did anyone not read the article that was released exposing them to have been paid by the network to grow beards and act like a bunch of rednecks? who gives a shit what this retard says

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  204. This idiot is an abomination to the fine people of the South…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  205. Phil Robertson’s comments aside, who the fuck are some of you on here to demand tolerance when you comment on here calling the Robertson family “white trash” and “stupid rednecks”? You people are exactly what’s wrong with the world. Of course none of us want to be judged. But it’s also not fair to judge someone else just because of the way they look. So the guy wears camo and had a ridiculous beard? He and his sons are all college graduates, and they have a multi-million dollar business that has been well known and respected by hunters since before the TV show.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  206. I never liked them anyways

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:47pm
  207. My biggest question is if they became rich by these duck calling thing why are they on tv? Why sign up for a show if ur rich? They are fake. They are inbred fakes.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  208. OMG!! Is anyone surprised? Really? Y’all thought he was gonna be pro-equality?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  209. Yeah just lost a viewer for good…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  210. He’s just being a good Christian and quoting the actual bible. I’m a supporter and member of the LGBT community… And an atheist. You can’t follow the bible the way it was meant to be followed and be gay- unless you cherry pick it like the rest of Christians.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  211. Except that he IS cherry-picking it...

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  212. Dickhead

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  213. Just remember kids, just because someone says things that feel as slander to you, doesn’t mean you slander them back. Two wrongs don’t make a right and neither do two lefts (then you’re just going backwards). Is what he said wrong? Misinformed is a good way to put it. Will this likely have complications due to him being on television? Most likely disciplinary actions will be taken against him at some point. Either that or A&E is liable for keeping him on air and I don’t think they want their reputation ruined over something like this. Will it make him change his opinion if he’s forced off television in any way over this? Probably not. Though this will likely get sorted out in time, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:48pm
  214. I wish I could say this was at all surprising.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  215. Yeah he is, my parent’s were from new Orleans they were taught not judge unless you be judged

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  216. I’m a human and I find this offensive.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  217. poor rich man.lol

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  218. Why doesn’t A&E take this show off the air. They did to Paula Dean for saying one word.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:49pm
  219. He is far from common. He is a woodsman. He can say all he wants, but somewhere, down the line, there will be gay folk in his family, friends or business. He is a reality show celeb. wtf cares!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:50pm
  220. at least lgbt people aren’t vile to look at

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:50pm
  221. Learning and change has no age limit – there is NO excuse to hate, unless you want to represent yourself as ignorant.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:50pm
  222. I’m shocked that people are actually surprised by this.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:50pm
  223. Just trash. They will be old trash in a matter of time. Everyone will say duck what??? Lol let em have his few minutes of fame.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:50pm
  224. He cheated on his wife and was an alcoholic. In order to stay on the “right path” (sobriety) he had to immerse himself into Christianity, as most thugs and addicts tend to do. People think he should shave his beard, but he won’t. People think we should stop being gay, but we won’t.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:50pm
  225. He has probably had sexual feelings towards men in the past. This is the best way he can try to cover it up and make himself feel secure about that. A man who is 100% hetero aka a zero on the Kinsey wouldn’t put that much thought into trying to explain their opinion homosexuality.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:51pm
  226. Oh, you KNOW there’ll be something that comes up revealing that this asshole hillbilly with three-day-old roadkill stuck in his beard (See, Phil? We can exercise our right to freedom of speech too!) has had some sort of gay encounter over the years. Though I do respect that he said not to judge anybody over it. I’d like him to support the right to marry even though he thinks it’s a sin, but hey, baby steps.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:51pm
  227. Please folks, consider the Source…..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:51pm
  228. Jason you are right. My family love this show and I spent lots of money getting things for Christmas from them to my family. I know they are Christians but they don’t have to say all that to hurt us.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:52pm
  229. No comment..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:52pm
  230. So you’re all getting in a big fuss because someone you never will meet in your life. Someone that will never know your name disagrees with something that you should of kept private anywaym

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:53pm
  231. “patriarch” code for inbred, bigoted, twat :D

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:53pm
  232. Lmao at the morons defending this stupid bigot .Really the definition of intelligence is in direct correlation to finances? No wonder there are still sheep sending their kids to churches to be violated and support corrupt government officials despite their own interests . Again trash begets trash …stay blissfully stupid murica.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:53pm
  233. I have to agree with Phil. I don’t like the language but it is what the bible says and that’s what I too believe. I’m not homophobic — I don’t have a FEAR!!! Nor do I judge them. That’s their beliefs and I have mine. It’s a free country. Live how you want.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:53pm
  234. Anyone who calls this man an inbred or a redneck on this page should be ashamed of themselves. Think back to a time when someone has referred to gay people as “Fags” or “Queers” and then reconsider the name calling you are doing. You can disagree with him, but don’t resort to the same things the LGBT community has worked so hard to combat.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:54pm
  235. What’s it to you if a person is lesbian gay or Bi??? We aren’t hurting you!!! Wtf! Grow the hell up !close minded people!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:54pm
  236. Smh n I loved that show

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:55pm
  237. ok im gay my self and i can not stand the show and dont liki when people condem samesex people but im with some of u people are intitled to their own opinions but yet it dont give them the right to codem people because of wat they are or wat they belive

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:55pm
  238. The word “homosexual” has NO place in the Bible. The origin term was effeminate. “Homosexual” as a word wasn’t created until the 1800s, so anytime I see newer translations I realize the editors are mixing politics into their beliefs. And then the people get confused because they’re misquoting the book they claim to live by.

I don’t understand why we expect some swamp trash to understand this though.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:55pm
  239. Stupid breeds stupid.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:55pm
  240. What a dumb ass.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:56pm
  241. What a complete hypocritical ass.
    By the looks of him I could honesty believe he has or does get it on with female siblings. Oh and his past is all forgiven? Give me a break!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:56pm
  242. Heather Regan

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:56pm
  243. Feel bad,hurt,betrayed, Coz i love Robertson family….. :(( wasted my time watching you bunch of hypocrites!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:56pm
  244. He’s a past drunk pill head that found The Lord via being a swindler by placing his life of TV for profit. Wtf should we care what this sinner does or says. It’s people that use The Lord to disguise their personal gain are as full of shit as my asshole. Why give attention to an ignorant backwards inbreed fuck like this. Sometimes when you don’t know you asshole from a ground hogs hole in the ground it’s best to say, no comment

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  245. I don’t see how this is vile. He was stating his opinion. To turn around and call him names does nothing to help your cause and makes you look stupid in the process. Preach tolerance until someone disagrees right??

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  246. What a fool stupid show with stupid people

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  247. YAY!! MORE PEOPLE TO DEMONIZE!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  248. Idiot rednecks hate gays? This is news?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  249. Thank the wines and cheeses above, I never watch this show. Too much redneck for me.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  250. I have enjoyed watching Duck Dynasty and I am a Lesbian.I do believe a writing campaign to A&E about the intolerance of this man and what he is saying is important for them to know.I also think that writing to Phil and telling him that he may not like Gay people but that he needs to do some reflection on his behavior as a “Christian”.I know many will not agree with this approach but to think that only non-gay people watch this show is unrealistic.To also call him and many who do watch this show names doesn’t show much tolerance in my book either.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:57pm
  251. Consider the source. Does his undereducated opinion really matter?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:58pm
  252. The LEader of the FUcked Inbreeding Dynasty asswipe

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:58pm
  253. I knew this was coming sooner or later. But hey, if they want to be stupid and oblivious, let them. Its the only reason they even have a show to be honest.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:58pm
  254. Causes of homophobia: 1) Inability or unwillingness to change the information received during childhood. 2) Fear of people who are different. 3) Promotion of homophobia by a religious group. 4) A heterosexual’s natural feeling of repulsion at the thought of engaging in same-sex activity. Realizing that homosexual behavior is unnatural for them, some people generalize this feeling into the belief that homosexuality is wrong for everyone. 5) Actual homosexual feelings that a person cannot acknowledge or handle. 6) Low self esteem leading to a need to hate others.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:58pm
  255. what could you expect for somebody whom kill ducks for live? maybe if he shave that ugly bear he can think more clear!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:58pm
  256. Amanda Too Tall Mull

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:58pm
  257. Bleh, I hate that show anyway, now I have another reason to hate it

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:59pm
  258. Wow, too bad…show was funny when I had seen it at times, but this is a turn-off. Doesn’t surprise me though.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:59pm
  259. Idiot rednecks don’t hate gays, they get white lightening-ed up and eff’em.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:59pm
  260. what did one expect from him

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:59pm
  261. Money does not have anything to do with class.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  262. Its no surprise this piece of shit family have these views,with their limited inteligence……

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  263. The LGBT community should really sit down with the atheist community.

See the atheist community know doctrine. They study the bible & they will assure you that this guy for the most part is right. That true Christianity isn’t compatible with homosexuality. It just isn’t. Sorry.

LGBT are better off learning Christianity from atheist who know so much about it than to try to live in Denial about what the bible days

LGBT is better off being logical about this & renouncing their Christian faith.

I support LGBT

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  264. No gay man would approve of his sartorial non-splendor anyway.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  265. they can kiss my transgender ass another show,artist,brand NOT ALLOWED IN MY HOME

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  266. I tried watching this show. It is too stupid for words. So I could care less what some redneck fool thinks.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  267. Down with Duck DyNASTY!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  268. thats why i dont watch them anymore.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  269. i stopped watching them 3 months ago..his kids and grands must be embarrassed to say the least..he costs them by attention..and I SHARE

270. Idiots !!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  271. I have a hard time believing what is writing is word for word, it is not recorded so I can view a video. I am very much gay and have always been but I am also smart in what I defend and I don’t just start going off on people because they have their opinions and beliefs.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  272. Calling someone an ” idiot redneck” is right up there with gay slurs.

273. that’s a shame

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:00pm
  274. The LGBT community should really sit down with the atheist community.

LGBT is better off being logical about this & renouncing their Christian faith.

I support LGBT

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:01pm
  275. Not everyone knows tolerance and we should not take offense to every damn word someone says. It’s his right to be an ignorant, intolerant fuck that hides behind a bible. There’s more where he came from and we shouldn’t even give our time and energy to such nonsense. Sometimes it is what it is…. Move on

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:01pm
  276. I cannot believe any of you are shocked. I like the show but I’m not stupid and didn’t expect that any of us would see any of them at a pride parade any time soon. Not everyone is gonna love us but everyone is entiteled to their opinion. ( unless they are trying to make their opinion my law.) Now, one can hope that cute John Luke turns out to be a little more evolved than his grand daddy. @ Lauren, if you actually read the Bible, Jesus never said anything about being gay, that’s their spin.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
  277. Did anyone expect anything else?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
  278. Bearded bastard.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
  279. Who is this guy?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:02pm
  280. Ignorant!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:03pm
  281. Look at this piece of white trash redneck piece of s*** he clearly has no gay friends . He clearly needs a few. And an accurate Bible.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:03pm
  282. Meh

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:04pm
  283. I’m a fan of this show and I’m a lesbian but not goin to hate him or the show everyone has their own opinion

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:04pm
  284. stupid show anyway…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:04pm
  285. And he is entitled to his hideous misguided opinion. I have no DD merchandise in my home and don’t plan on it. I prefer Troy Landry.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:04pm
  286. I’m just wondering… why is his opinion surprising? He lives, and grew up in, the heart of the bible belt. He is in Louisiana. They have the most hate crimes and murders of the LGBT community. Louisiana, people. They still don’t even like black people.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:04pm
  287. Hate breeds hate. Seems to me that the head hunters on here are the ones that need to take a look in the mirror. it is not ok for him to state his religious beliefs and to use his right to free speech but it is ok for all of you to judge him and speak ill of him… tsk tsk.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:04pm
  288. Just CHOOT’EM.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  289. Let people hate. Just shows they’ve nothing better to do then make others lives miserable so they feel better, i.e. sad case

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  290. This upsets me i liked to watch them but i will say his remark all we can do is treat them with kindness and let god sort out. Kinda in a small way how it should be anyway?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  291. Who cares? What makes this guy a credible commentator on anything except ducks? Honestly!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:05pm
  292. Because his opinion of anything matters, right?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:06pm
  293. So, the first thing I am going to do tonight, in my Woodland Hills, CA condo tonight, is screw a random animal, and then deceive people by screwing a man after the fact. The very next thing on my brain is to then be evil, and devil-like.

————-

Wow. REALLY?! Maybe he should start by proving the Bible as fact, before he starts condemning people?

————-

I’ve been married to a man for about 7 years, now. Oh, sure… We are both sleeping with women, and then, come home at night to each other. Because, ya know…. That’s just what men who love men do.

Don’t get me started on this whole concept of “sin”.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:06pm
  294. I see there shows ratings going down and getting canceled soon. A&E will not want the bad press.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:06pm
  295. Not that surprised…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:06pm
  296. This would normally piss me off but I am from SE TX, close to that area, I never expect less than ignorance in that area. He is a typical redneck and money can’t change that. I mean, they talk about not judging in the same breath they insult us with. I hated myself as a naive teen due to hatred spewed growing up!! When one of his beloved grandkids commits suicide because they are too fearful of his judgements maybe he will open his heart to understand the love part instead of dwelling on sex and genitalia… That is what’s wrong with this entire situation to begin with. Get past the anus straight people, and get over being one.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:06pm
  297. Not a fan of this show anyway its beyond me how a whole family would let themselves be made fools of for money. I dont give a flip what mountain man says.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  298. Man I really liked duck dynasty oh well I love my gay nephew more..won’t be watching anymore.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  299. I enjoy the show but this does not shock me at all. I have lots of family from Louisiana and they think the same. Sadly not everyone can think the same way. I wish more people were open minded and cared for others rights but it’s not the world we live in.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  300. Look at his expert sources. A 3rd grade education, the bible, and 50 years of duck hunting. Good enough to take his word for it right?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  301. This is why so many hate Christians and religion in my opinion I mean really, God will sort them out with the terrorist and it can morph into bestiality???! Its the comparison to these awful things that make me sick so tiered of ignorant people making statements like this. Blah blah blah freedom of speech sure but some stupid people should really shut the hell up, just sayin

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  302. Who cares what he says he is entitled to his own opinion it’s not like he has any power to take away our rites n all the trash talking doesn’t make you any better than him NO H8 remember even if ur getting H8d on brush ur shoulder off n walk tall. Sticks n stones people

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:07pm
  303. who cares?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:08pm
  304. is this news? one more phobe doesn't like us. waaaah

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:09pm
  305. Douchebag

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:08pm
  306. this is why i never watch these good for nothing stupid hillbllies!!!! fucking morons!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:08pm
  307. Even more glad I never tuned in to this stupidity

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:09pm
  308. He’s nothing more than a hick.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:09pm
  309. What do you expect from someone that sells their brand at Walmart. Sad.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:09pm
  310. Opinions are like assholes…who cares?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:09pm
  311. He lives in a swamp under a rock!! As if he’d be enlightened or even tolerant. His ‘Pappy’ taught him as he’ll teach his youngn’s… Ignorance breeds ignorance period. Before you spew hate and point your righteous fingers think before you act, speak or write, indignation does not make you an eloquent articulate representitve of the LGBT movement. And is it a movement? We’re here we’re _____ and we are not going anywhere!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:11pm
  312. I completely believe in gay rights. Everyone should have the choice to choose who to love. Honestly what do you expect to happen when you ask a redneck bible thumper. He has his own opinion and can express it. Not like what he says will change anything.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:11pm
  313. A&E should be boycotted until they remove duck dynasty and that white trash weirdo

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:11pm
  314. There is free speech he can say what he wants. I will talk with my wallet and not buy duck dynasty items or watch his show. That’s my free speech. I choose what to buy not because it is popular or the cheapest item. I also choose to buy based upon how the maker/owner treats other people. He judged others sooo. Matthew 7:1-3 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? May he have a good day and one day learn the errors of his ways before calling himself a Christian.~B

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:12pm
  315. Rich, ignorant rednecks. I cannot even look at them without wanting to vomit.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:12pm
  316. You’re really surprised by this???

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:12pm
  317. The man works for a show called Duck Dynasty. What did you expect?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:13pm
  318. Why does he even feel the need to share his beliefs. His opinion of anything is not important. Once again the media has struck.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:13pm
  319. Everyone needs to relax and get over it.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:14pm
  320. F#ck him and his ducks!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:15pm
  321. Get OVER IT. HE DIDNT CALL ANYONE A NAME HE SIMPLY STATED A FACT OF HIS OPINION AND THATS OKAY. He didn’t discriminate he just doesn’t like it for him. Get over it

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:15pm
  322. He didn’t bash anyone !

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:15pm
  323. I think he’s a douchebag and I don’t understand how ANYONE would touch his penis…But that’s just me. Not judging(douchebag comment aside), I’ll let the FSM sort him out when It comes back and zaps all the rednecks up to Jupiter.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:16pm
  324. So, this idiot thinks going around thumping sheep is ok…..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:16pm
  325. They are entitled to their opinion just like I am entitled to mine. As a Christian I know God loves everyone, and as a person I know you can’t chose your sexuality and who you love. We are all just humans.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:17pm
  326. Look at him? Is this a shock??? He provably calls dinosaurs Jesus’s horses!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:17pm
  327. Ok. Does this one really surprise anyone? The worst part of this is, why do these yokels still have a show on paid TV at all? Why does America keep flocking to these backwoods hillbilly programs? Lame.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:17pm
  328. Does this really surprise anyone? Really?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:17pm
  329. You can only control your reaction to this. Don’t hate this man. He will never change his mind, and he is entitled to his opinion.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:18pm
  330. is anyone surprised by this?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:18pm
  331. I don’t understand why people watching hillbillies go duck hunting anyway? Really!?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:19pm
  332. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion….

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:19pm
  333. Really ppl…are you surprised that someone like this man made such an uneducated and uninformed statement?… Have you watched his ridiculous show? LoL…. He is entitled to his opinion. Damn he delivered it very little information, respect, or tact (surprise! ?).

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:20pm
  334. Keeping it classy.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:20pm
  335. As a lesbian woman my thoughts on this are similar to that of which I had regarding that uber Christian chicken joint..While I disagree wholeheartedly with his statements I am not surprised in the least. As far as im concerned, When you ask these types of controversial questions to someone who you know will give you conservative right wing answers then your only getting what you asked for…Of course I disagree with everything he said but he’s entitled to his opinion. I guess what I’m saying is, why are we suprised?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:20pm
  336. I knew there was a reason I hated this show…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:20pm
  337. Adam N Eve! Not Adam N Jack or Eve n Susy , Mfs Been Tryin To Justify There Sins Since Da Beginning of Time, Don’t Hate Cause We Stand Up For Wht We Believe In Jerks. Duck Dynasty All Day Every Day. Happy Happy Happy Holidays To All. Keep It 100 Witcha Self .

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:21pm
  338. Shocking… A redneck condemns homosexuality.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:21pm
  339. They Rock. They may not be the most popular among the lgbt community, but they aren’t trying to win a beauty contest. They are just trying to do what they believe us right.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:22pm
  340. Why would anyone find this surprising. Secondly, not everyone is going to like this. We can’t stomp our feet every time someone says something bad about the LGBT community. That could backfire.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:22pm
  341. Okay I am a liberal and I support freedom of speech, it is a two way street he is entitled to his own opinion much like we. I am not surprised since this clan is very religious and I can infer that he is very conservative. Is he in the right, no since well over 50% of the people do support LGBTQA rights, and pretty much he is this generation of people from the 50s who used racial slurs before they became unacceptable. We pretty have to prove him wrong and walk with our head held high, and ignore those people.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:22pm
  342. So THAT’s why I wasn’t watching it.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:22pm
  343. I bet it isn't the only reason. I can't figure out what makes fame any more.

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:37pm
  344. Never watched the TRASH.. fake damn acting.. stick your stupid duck calls you your redneck arses…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:22pm
  345. You’re a hypocritical redneck jack, “Born again, from booze and pills” what a crock of sh*T…. where is the back lash for his statements???? Why aren’t all of the distribution companies that carry their products dumping him the way they dumped Paula Deen? She was remorseful for things that she had said in the past, but this guy is still on t.v and all of his products are still on the shelves in stores?? Double standards.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:22pm
  346. Ignorant heinous pig

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:23pm
  347. Well if it looks like a ????, walks like a ???? Why act surprised when it talks like a ????

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:24pm
  348. Not surprised….why do we even waste energy on this??

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:24pm
  349. Doesn’t surprise me…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:25pm
  350. His beard is a sin

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:25pm
  351. What is Duck Dynasty

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:26pm
  352. If you think this man is vile for saying something like “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus — whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?” then I guess you have some BIGGER issues then most. He is a Christian and his Job from God is to show love, and teach Gods word. He does not say he hates you or wishes death or failure to anybody! I’m sure he wishes the exact opposite, success and happiness! He does not understand LGBT nor do I but that does not make us terrible people! However if you are calling the Robertsen family names and trying to hurt them then you are wrong it sounds like YOU don’t understand them and are not being “tolerant” of them and their believes and feelings!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:26pm
  353. They are very religious people who are entitled to their own opinions…or is it they are only entitled to their opinion if it agrees with yours? He’s not saying he hates anybody. Geez

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:26pm
  354. I’m sure he masturbates to gay porn. Only closet cases think about it that hard.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:26pm
  355. I respect them even they I don’t agree with them. That’s the big problem with the GLBT rights movement.

It tends to go too far into forcing others to change, rather than encouraging live and let live, and ensuring EVERYONE has rights, not just the people with the most popular opinion- which is the only realistic approach.

Gay people don’t like Christians telling them they are going Hell for being gay, what gives us the right to tell a Christian they aren’t entitled to their own opinion?

A grown adult can deal with someone who doesn’t agree, or even someone that is an outright bully.

I am SO tired of this “gays are totally helpless, we need to crush all opposition to make it right” rhetoric.

Have you seen how much gay men tend to work out?

And you’re afraid some out of shape white guy could beat you up?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:26pm
  356. Fyi… To all the people who want to justify adam and steve and adam n eve… Your so perfect? Hey lets go back to the bible when god said let the one with no sin cast the first stone. NOONE in this world has never sinned so how about stop judging, let God judge those he must and you all stfu and live UR OWN LIFE, and stay out of others… Maybe the world would be happy n no hate shit would happen -.- u lead by example of how u turn people AWAY from God AND!!! In the bible too, he asked God about all the laws made which is most important of all…. He said to love one another no matter what…. So how about u live by the way YOU need to n stop the hate…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:27pm
  357. Well said Darcy Kirk Holsey

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:27pm
  358. just voicing his opinion! lol he voiced it alright, yes he is entitled to it but at least be more professional about and not so vulgar about it. there’s a time and place for choice words, and this was not the time or place for such plagued words. this is why kids are punished in school for voicing there opinions a certain way he’s no different then a child in this instance.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:28pm
  359. Another reason to hate that show. Fake country bumpkin bs and hypocrites.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:28pm
  360. Seriously, he’s an ignorant redneck with money and 15 mins of fame! Can his words really hurt or offend? He just sounds like he’s talking out his ass….Fuck Him!!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:29pm
  361. Is anyone really surprised?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:30pm
  362. Never heard of duck dynasty, or that guy…..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:30pm
  363. I wasn’t angry until I got to this “whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?” No more A&E for me (I didn’t watch them much before, but now it’s settled)

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:30pm
  364. Ah yes… In his mind it’s okay to judge whomever because he has his guns and bible behind him. He seems to forget a few passages from that bible. A gun as well won’t help either unless he is willing to use it. The LGBT community is not vile, it is you Sir that is vile. You “bible beat” and say you are Christian. I’m sorry judging others and speaking ill of them is not a very Christan thing to do.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:30pm
  365. Southern White male makes anti-LGBT statements? Tell me it ain’t so!!! Lol!! Seriously though, we, as a nation, need to stop glorifying or honoring the white southern way of life with all of these so-called reality shows such as Duck Dynasty, Preppers, Gator Boys, Mudders, etc, etc, etc.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:30pm
  366. I live in west Monroe so I see and hear these douchebags a lot. I cant stand them no more they been getting on my nerves for a while…it was suppose to b just a tv show…now there everywhere even got a restaurant here. and mayb even a movie not sure. but now this? screw duck commander and the whole crew

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:31pm
  367. Not a single fuck is given.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:31pm
  368. I just don’t like how he compares homosexuality with beastiality and prostitution.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:31pm
  369. ew he’s getting more positive feedback than negative!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:32pm
  370. I don’t know what Duck Dynasty is. I guess if is for lower forms of intelligences.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:33pm
  371. Dickhead.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:33pm
  372. I’m disappointed that this show is even still on the air, let alone the cultural phenomenon it is. The merchandising for this franchise is outrageous. From clothing to Christmas ornaments to Chia pets, they are everywhere and arguably one of the most shamelessly scripted reality shows on television. This just further drives home my disdain for the whole franchise.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:35pm
  373. Im a lesbian, and this doesnt bother me. And why should it. I dont know this man personally his opinion of who I love not by choice but by whatever or whomever made me decided I would love has no direct or indirect effect on my life. As do any other biggoted person out there who wants to flap their gums. Good for him speaking his mind. Opinions are like assholes…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:35pm
  374. Shocked, Shocked I tell you. They seem like such progressive thinkers.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:37pm
  375. It never ceases to amaze me how people like this jump straight to the sexual part of a same sex relationship. Me thinks they have never considered that love is love and sex is just a normal part of that, regardless of how its done.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:38pm
  376. He needs to shush and worry about all the bacteria in that disgusting beard of his.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:38pm
  377. I knew there was a reason I never watched that show.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:38pm
  378. Dump the program A&E, they have enough money already yo buy Gods forgiveness

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:38pm
  379. figures. stupid is, as stupid does!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:38pm
  380. he didn’t scream and threaten people though he voiced his opinion in a reasonable matter. unlike some of the gays who would go that far and threaten others for not fully supporting. many gay people like this show because it shows that people can be famous human being with out all the negative actions. they teach there kids respect and responsibilities unlike many shows who promote bad behavior and having kids before they are even ready financially and emotionally. they may have a few outdated ideas, but they do a very good job at showing you don’t have to be trashy and disrespectful to people to get what you want. many people respect them for that reason and that’s why people adore the show. he has a right and he didnt go off the edge, he was an adult about it so he didnt do anything horribly wrong.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39pm
  381. Did anyone honestly think they would be supportive of the LGBTQ community?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39pm
  382. Please express to me why this even remotely surprises anyone…. I mean seriously…..

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39pm
  383. I live in monroe and I’m hoping this cruel statement gets the show off the air. Personally, I’ve never liked it- it’s about a bunch of holy rolling rednecks. And it’s everywhere. I can’t even work without hearing it brought up by customers asking if they’ve ever come in my workplace. Let’s all hope it goes out of style soon. They all look creepy and their merchandise does too.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39pm
  384. Celebrity hicks talking like a douchebag, no surprise there

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39pm
  385. Tell me about it when this guy gets elected to Congress and can force his views on others. I doubt him saying this publicly will sway a single opinion on gay marriage, so who cares?

Dunt get me wrong, I wouldn’t invite such a vile person to my birthday party but it isn’t really newsworthy when a D-list celebrity says something to get attention.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39pm
  386. Never watched it ever. Weird mother f-ers.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:40pm
  387. shocker….

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:41pm
  388. my gut was right and this is why I don’t watch the show or care anything for these people.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:41pm
  389. THIS! Coming from a man that eats all animals and different kinds of roadkill….people that live his redneck way of life and beliefs r the ones who r gay…..eating squirrel nuts, buffalo balls, n deep fried assholes become exactly what they eat! Hey phil shove a duck caller up ur ass and have miss kay give u a reverse blow job! Blow that whistle bitch! Im done watchin ur fake ass show!! U live like trash and obviously have a dickhead of god that u so gratefully give thanks to at the end of every stupid episode! Ur the ultimate asshole and complete trash! I love everyone from the lgbt! Boycott his show and stupid duck callers if u believe phil is an asshole!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:42pm
  390. It’s HIS belief, not everyone’s and HIS is no more important than anyone else’s. I disagree with him, so I guess we even each other out.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:42pm
  391. Shocked?!? Really?!? He’s an old backwoods redneck and relatively nuts. This just isn’t news or worth the 2 minutes I’ll never get back writing this post.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:42pm
  392. Oh surprise, surprise. A Bible-thumping inbred redneck hillbilly is bashing gays. Tell us something new for once. As for that remark about what “true Christians” believe, *THAT* is what a “true” Christian believes. Why don’t you read your own bibles, read what it really says, and put it down finally, stop going to church, and realize it’s all bollocks. When are you going to grow up and put away the fairy tales?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:43pm
  393. Bunch of intolerant hicks

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:43pm
  394. Yolo

Replied on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:48pm
  395. Now who really is surprised by these ignorant comments coming from this guy?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:43pm
  396. He’s an old red neck of course he’s gonna be a biggot I’d be shocked if he wasnt

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:43pm
  397. time to take them down they think there all that well.think again

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:44pm
  398. It should be taken off the air

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:44pm
  399. I made a comment once about how nasty it was that the old man walked around with his dirty feet on that nasty chair in the living room, he never showers. 3 weeks later they were hauling it out of the house claiming it was nasty and trying to sell it. Shocker.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:47pm
  400. Just because no one is surprised doesn’t mean he should continue to be on the air and selling merchandise related to his TV show and raking in the millions for it. How can so many people just shrug this off and say, “Oh well, his opinion”. This man just used his fame as a platform to compare two people being in love to someone performing illegal sex acts on children and animals, but you’re all cool with him continuing to be rewarded with contract after contract and paycheck after paycheck? If I went to my job and announced that I thought our GLBTQ customers were pedophiles and dog-fuckers, I’d lose my job, and rightfully so.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:48pm
  401. “they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Yet he goes onto say: “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. ”

Way to contradict yourself, Phil.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:48pm
  402. Omg white southern male makes vile statement about gay community everyone panic and throw hissy fits! Maybe y’all need to read the article again, especially the part where he says it’s not his job to judge, but God’s. Just remember that Phil Robertson is the man who told the network they can feck off if his family weren’t allowed to pray on the show. If you’re offended by something he says then don’t watch the show. Calling him names just shows how childish you are. I’m also bisexual so don’t try to feed me crap about not understanding.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:49pm
  403. I find it entertaining that he named “swindlers” in his list of sinners…

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:49pm
  404. I don’t understand how this is “vile” and that he is “bashing” LGBT people..seriously..this is the second page I seen today that posted about this. He’s just got an opinion. He doesn’t have to like “ass” he likes “vagina” lol derp! Its a sexual preference..and its his opinion what he likes.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:49pm
  405. I knew I didn’t like these people!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:50pm
  406. So the only vile comments I’ve read are the ones in this comment thread. You people are on here demanding tolerance, yet you’re bashing anyone who looks different than you or isn’t a city dweller. How the hell can you demand tolerance when in the same breath you use phrases like “stupid redneck” and “white trash”? You are all the worst kind of hypocrites in the world. I’m not endorsing what he said by any means, but him stating his personal beliefs when asked during an interview do NOT justify personal insults or attacks. And throwing out the phrases you have is no different than using the “N-word.” You should all be ashamed of yourselves for even saying the things you have said.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:51pm
  407. What do you expect from rednecks? Lol

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:52pm
  408. God created us to have our own opinions and listen to others to others and form our opinions on what they believe . He’s entitled to his opinion whether you feel it’s right or wrong . If you don’t agree with what he says , don’t watch the show . Don’t attack the man for his beliefs . I don’t think anyone of you would like it done to you .

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:53pm
  409. Notice he never mentioned incense? He probably called his father uncle pa.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:53pm
  410. Just another misinformed, ignorant man scared of what he doesn’t understand who happens to be in the public eye.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:53pm
  411. No one has a problem with making fun of a redneck but heaven forbid he makes a comment about gays

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:53pm
  412. They all look like a bunch of pedophiles! Or the progeny of incest! They are so filthy and creepy!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:54pm
  413. I agree with what Teresa said. They do raise they children in a respectful manor & teach them values of hard work. I don’t agree with the comments that were made by Phil Robertson, but that is his opinion ,I don’t have to like it or agree with it. I just wish that is was not made public.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:54pm
  414. I know I don’t give one flying crap about this. Classic redneck. I’ve been in the mountains all my life and had to deal with stuff like that but I wouldn’t be as strong as I am today if I wouldn’t have.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:54pm
  415. Teresa Queen…you are absolutely right. Its just his opinion. ….he didn’t say we were going to Hell. He just stated his opinion. ..while referring to some scripture. Lol im sure if knew any gay and lesbians he might would feel different. My dad is a saint…but he honestly believes there is something wrong with me to only be attracted to women, but that’s just his opinion while quoting from the “bible”. He still loves me and opens his home to my partner and I ANYTIME we come over.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:55pm
  416. who the hell cares…this is silly. Old white man says something “vile” not worth my time.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:55pm
  417. Instead of hating these people why don’t we attempt to educate them? Look who they are and where they grew up. I have watched this show enough to know these are good hearted people. If someone showed them why they were wrong rather than just bashed them, maybe we could make some progress.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:56pm
  418. What was he supposed to say? “hey everybody everyone should be gay, lets turn the whole world gay?” No he has his own opinions just as everyone else does. I am straight, married and Christian, some of my best friends are gay, bi or Lesbian and its sad that when I confront other straight Christians for bashing gays for their rightful opinion on what they choose to do with their life, I turn around and the LGBTQ community is passing judgment on a straight persons opinion. If you are fighting to be heard and expressing your voice don’t forget other people are expressing THEIR OWN opinion. Not everyone is going to agree with your opinions or outlook other wise you wouldn’t be fighting to be heard.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:56pm
  419. OMG so sensitive. He stated his opinion on something. If you bash everyone with an opinion then your never gunna win the war if you keep fighting battles. He didn’t say you were going to hell or god hates gays or burn all the gays. He stated his opinion.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:56pm
  420. Who cares what this white trash says or thinks!

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:57pm
  421. This guy is passing judgment on others?

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:57pm
  422. They took Paula Dean off the air for comments ect I say pull duck dynasty.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:58pm
  423. While I don’t agree with what he said , he’s got a right to his opinion.

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:58pm
  424. I was waiting to here something like this :/….

Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:59pm