Jamie Kuntz speaks out about kiss that got him kicked off football team (Video)

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jamie Kuntz was dropped from the North Dakota State College of Science football team less than two weeks ago after he was caught kissing his 65-year-old boyfriend in the press box.

His former coach claimed Kuntz was cut because he lied to his team and thus broke school policy, but Kuntz maintains he was dropped because of his sexual orientation.

Amy Nelson of SB Nation scored an on-camera interview with Kuntz and his family (who only just found out he was gay because of this episode).

Nelson also talks to NDSCS Athletic Director Stu Engen to get his side of the story.

Watch:

A fascinating piece, but we’re still curious to hear from the 65-year-old boyfriend!

© After Elton.
An LGBTQ Nation media partner.

Archives: , , , , , ,

Filed under: National Headlines

1. Thanks

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:14am
  2. so what happened to the boyfriend… how come hes not in this showing support?

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:19am
  3. But the guy was 65 he’s 18 the kiss isn’t the problem the age gap is!

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:19am
  4. I’m sorry but i can’t help laughing at his surname…..xD p.s @melissa why is an age gap an issue if they’re both legal?

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:21am
  5. Age doesnt matter when 2 people love each other. thats just ignorance.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:21am
  6. Hes 18 and its his choice who he wants to date and love.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:22am
  7. I like older women…but 18 and 65? When I was 18 my grandfather was that age…I’ll date someone my mom’s age…but my grandfather’s age? That’s just a little weird to me. It’s shitty he got kicked off the team, that’s wrong in so many ways…but that age gap…put him back on the team, but maybe a parent should have a heart to heart with him. I know my mom certainly did when I was trying to get with a woman older than her. I’m with Melissa. Yeah, yeah, love is love no matter the age, but we wouldn’t be saying that if he was 15 or 16. Just because he’s legal doesn’t mean he should be with a man that age, kind of worries me about a man that age wanting an 18 year old, and who knows how long they’ve been together? Something is off. But seriously, still put him back on the team, being gay isn’t a good enough reason to kick someone off a sport’s team, that’s fucking wrong.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:28am
  8. not a relationship, its grandpa-sitting.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:40am
  9. some guys like dilfs and some guys like gilfs get over it

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:50am
  10. the boyfriend? is 65!! There are some issues here, but it isn’t that he was kicked off the team because he was gay, although that is obviously an issue… seems to me, someone here is wise beyond their years, because they know an OPPORTUNITY when they see one!!

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:53am
  11. Really, people? So we are all for demanding respect for loving relationships, except ones we don’t approve of? If gender doesn’t matter, then neither does age. Just because it isn;t your thing, that doesn’t give you the right to cast judgment.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:56am
  12. That is not right. The LGBTQ community should be protected by laws from discrimination in every way, shape and form.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 11:58am
  13. busted with sugar-daddy. How embarrassing.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 12:10pm
  14. Again, there is no place for anyone to tell anyone who they can be with. I doesn’t matter your personal beliefs. If ‘you’ can’t respect others there is no way others will respect you. The dismissal of him is just wrong. The behavior of ‘football players’ I witnessed in college was so much worse than this on any given weekend. No one, despite their sexuality, should have to fight for their rights just be who they are. No one. <3

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 12:25pm
  15. The school says he was kicked off the team for lying. Give me a break. I don’t believe if he was kissing a woman anyone would give a shit. Jamie is a brave and mature guy for 18.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 12:30pm
  16. Get over it. He can kiss whom he wants. The school needs to grow up and stop being ignorant. This is the 21st century.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 1:35pm
  17. I hope they lose all their games.

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 4:37pm