Obama’s bold move on marriage equality presents opportunities, pitfalls

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

With Barack Obama’s evolution on marriage equality increasingly untenable following Vice President Joe Biden’s statement of support on NBC’s Meet the Press, the President finally took the big leap today and said, “I do.”

In an interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, Obama made history as the first sitting president to support gay marriage:

“I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married.”

It was a bold political earthquake, fraught with opportunities and pitfalls, smack dab in the middle of a tough reelection campaign. The decision came only one day after North Carolina, a potential swing state, voted for a constitutional amendment prohibiting same-sex marriage.

The president and his advisers must have calculated that the benefits of appearing resolute and firm outweighed the costs of alienating conservative democrats in swing states.

In a sense, Obama pulled a card from George W. Bush’s playbook, saying to voters, I am the Decider. You may not agree with everything I do, but whether it is killing Osama bin Laden, supporting the auto bailout, or embracing marriage equality, I am a leader and not a poll-reading politician with one finger to the wind.

Here is Mitt Romney’s reaction to Oboma’s announcement:

“Well, when these issues were raised in my state of Massachusetts, I indicated my view, which is I do not favor marriage between people of the same gender, and I do not favor civil unions if they are identical to marriage other than by name,” the former Massachusetts governor told Denver Fox affiliate KDVR-TV. “My view is the domestic partnership benefits, hospital visitation rights, and the like are appropriate but that the others are not.”

The hope is that Obama’s bravery contrasts favorably with the ever-morphing Etch A Sketch known as Mitt Romney. No matter one’s opinion, the President appears strong, while Romney comes across as a weak, pandering politician. Indeed, he cowered in the face of Rush Limbaugh and has failed to take on supporters who call the President a traitor.

Obama’s decision today shows he has a moral core and is a change agent – just as he promised in his first campaign. Obama’s strategists hope such leadership qualities will play well in the war for Independent voters.

Furthermore, Team Obama hopes that today’s decision will energize the progressive base and open the floodgates for gay volunteers and money. An excited base will be needed to counteract the expected onslaught of anti-gay groups that will portray the President as a radical gay-loving socialist.

Make no mistake: today’s announcement is risky.

Because no sitting president has ever embraced marriage equality, we don’t know the total extent of the fallout in the nine swing states that will decide this election. Clearly, these states are not all bastions of tolerance: Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Florida, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

There is also concern over how today’s decision will impact the four states that lean in favor of the Democrats (Minnesota, Michigan, New Mexico, and Maine) and the states that teeter towards the GOP (Arizona, Missouri, Indiana, and North Carolina).

The challenge for the LGBT community and its allies is to organize and mobilize to limit potential ramifications, while capitalizing on the good will.

An Obama victory means four more years of Americans becoming comfortable with the idea of their LGBT friends and family members marrying. It means fair-minded Supreme Court justices, who may well have more impact on this issue than any president. It results in almost half a decade of unbridled and irreversible cultural change, while watching polls in support of same-sex marriage likely approach sixty percent.

I also know that this is the last time we will ever have this debate. Vice President Joe Biden’s comments in favor of marriage on Meet the Press, combined with Education Secretary Arne Duncan’s seal of approval, signals that the debate is over in the upper echelons of the Democratic Party.

This is even more apparent when one considers that party elders, such as Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, have endorsed gay marriage. Both are not only former presidents, but committed Christians, which essentially gives Democrats of faith permission to vote their consciences.

The President’s decision today to support marriage equality means that any Democrat with presidential ambitions who claims he or she is still evolving will be an unelectable dinosaur.

Obama went out on a limb to do what is moral and just. The question remains whether this is a triumph or a trap for the 2012 election. Anyone who claims they actually know the answer is kidding you. This is entirely new terrain and it is up the LGBT community and their progressive allies to reward the President for his historic actions.

Opinions and advice expressed in our Views & Voices columns represent the author's own views and not necessarily those of LGBTQ Nation. We welcome opposing views and diverse perspectives. To submit a article, column or video, contact us here. Due to the volume of submissions received, we cannot guarantee publication.

Archives: , ,

Filed under: Views & Voices

1. Obama had 4 years to back the gay community and didn’t, but NOW?? Cause he needs our votes to keep his ass in office. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I been waiting 4 years to have my rights, but NOW since he’s afraid to lose the election, he wants US to back him, HMMM! Some of us are smarter than that. If I have the right to marry the same sex before November, then he might get my vote.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:16pm
  2. OBAMA 2012!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:17pm
  3. It’s about time.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:17pm
  4. Obama 2012!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:17pm
  5. @Randy, go vote for Romney then, I’m sure you’ll get your marriage equality from him

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:18pm
  6. i love the prez…and i love his wife even more!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:18pm
  7. Took him long enough. So our choices for president are either an elitist one percent-er with zero ability to relate to the 99% who “might” be more qualified to handle the fiscal concerns of this nation better than the other while at the same time pandering to the fundamentalist neanderthals that have taken over the GOP dead set at turning this country into a theocracy….

Or, a president who has shown in my opinion piss poor leadership regarding the fiscal concerns of this nation, bailing out companies that should have failed while using our tax dollars to do so… Signed into law a very scary legislation that gives more power to the government that would allow American citizens to be held indefinitely without charge (NDAA)… Obama-care was a flop and probably the messiest legislation rushed to a vote by congress ever… A democrat President who refused to sign federal employment non-discrimination protections when he had the opportunity to do so. Then he has the nerve to come out in support for gay marriage to pander to the people outraged over what happened in North Carolina yesterday.

So the American people have to decide to select between someone who “might” be better at repairing our economy at the cost of bringing our nation into the dark ages socially, with someone who “might” be willing to bring our nation into the 21st century socially at the cost of continued poor economic leadership and the further decline of our dollar who seems to lead based solely on the polls and not what is in the best interest of our nation.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:18pm
  8. Yeah go Obama!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:19pm
  9. Words, words, words. Where’s the action on the Hill?

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:20pm
  10. he has NEVER delivered a single promise hes made dont let his sweet talk fool you

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:22pm
  11. Don’t be stupid and fall for this phony crap. He can be 100% with gay marriage, but remember one thing, before it can be legal, it has to pass through the congress. It will NEVER happen.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:22pm
  12. @Randy Calloway Gary Johnson is a SPECTACULAR alternative to Obama. He’s always been VERY open about his support of marriage equality.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:23pm
  13. romey isnt any better but obama has never been in anyones corner but his

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:23pm
  14. No other politician has passed as much equality measures as him. In fact he’s already done more than the rest combined. However, if all the people he’s helped don’t get out and vote it will all be undone. Get out and vote people!! No excuses.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:23pm
  15. He should have waited till he was elected again.! WTH u guys wanted an answer.?!!?!! Now I’m so nerves.!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:24pm
  16. LOL. Did I say I was going to vote for Romney?? I’m voting for Ellen DeGeneres.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:25pm
  17. tori it wasn’t Obama ‘s fault for the economic downfall it was stupid bushes fault how did he even get to office?? i’m voting for obama again i hate the gop

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:25pm
  18. I agree with Randy Calloway!!!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:25pm
  19. ok so then vote for Romney and have nothing… then you will have someone who rather then supports you thinks you are going to hell… combine that with a huge decline in the economy if romney wins..

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:28pm
  20. Nice and all but what about Black People rights been fighting 500 years yet no equality

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:28pm
  21. We support our rights and Obama 2012!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:30pm
  22. Randy Calloway, obviously you have no idea what Obama has done for the gay community. You are just make a statement without any facts at all. And I’m being nice when I say you have no ideas at all. For you to say he hasn’t backed the gay community is beyond insane.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:30pm
  23. Think about this. If he did try to pass same sex marriage. It would have to go through congress, RIGHT? There ya go, it would never pass. If you think for one min that Obama is telling you the truth, then vote for him, to be honest, no matter who gets in, the congress runs the government.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:31pm
  24. He wasn’t the cause, and I never said he was, but his actions and inaction aggravated it, his inexperience on fiscal matters not only cost jobs but the American taxpayer billions. When you spend billions to save a few thousand jobs, you’re making a wrong decision. When rescuing companies that should fail due to their poor decisions there is a huge domino effect that negatively affects the rest of the stock market. Obama is the lesser of two evils….at best…

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:33pm
  25. >3 and we are slowly getting to “Black Peoples right” unforntunitly it takes This Country Forever to “accept” / rights for people / GIV them True equality , justice , and fairness.. It will happen, unfortuinitly will just take time.. Sghh

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:35pm
  26. Excellent point, Randy. Ron Paul has used the “congress would never abolish the IRS” point to appeal to people who are reasonable. Obama knows it would never get past congress, so it doesn’t matter whether he supports it or not. He will also prefer the issue remain one for state to handle, which goes even further point out it’s beyond his control. Biden tested the waters, it went well, Obama jumped on that bandwagon, will benefit at the polls, and will never have to do anything proactive on the matter.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:36pm
  27. I don’t see how it’s “bold” to suggest you believe gay people are entitled to a basic human right. I don’t get why I’m supposed to be happy or moved that the president doesn’t think I should be denied the right to have a family. It doesn’t mean a thing.

I’m not going to be grateful that someone thinks I should be treated like a human being.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:37pm
  28. Let me sum it up. I’m 100% gay, There’s nothing in this world that I want more than to marry a man, but that piece of paper don’t change how I love him. We are happy and in love. We really don’t need a piece of paper to prove that. But again it would be nice to be LEGALLY married. I’m sick of all the lies that the government throws out there, when I know damn good and well that he saying that just to get more votes. No matter who is in there, it will not pass as long as I’m living.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:42pm
  29. I understand that Gen but I still appreciate the sentiment. In the face of a great deal of despair its comforting to know there is outspoken support for citizens, especially at a time when so many madmen are taking to the pundits. Better we have someone who is lacksadaisical than someone who wants to lynch us.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:44pm
  30. Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:46pm
  31. I find this no shock to me. He did help us with Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. He never hated on us. So…honestly…I always thought he supported us. This comes to no surprise to me at all.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:47pm
  32. what do you mean 4 years to back the community and did not.. He has done more for our community then any other President in history. Maybe you need to learn more about our community before you claim Obama has not supported our community.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:47pm
  33. With that said, you also need to remember he has spent 4 years cleaning up the debacle you call Bush. While it would have been nice ot have equality all ready, He is running the country and at times some issues are more life threatening then marriage. Ending the wars. trying to get a hold of the financial crisis he inherited from Bush, Bring your troops home… etc..

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:50pm
  34. I am soo sick of the negative energy from so many ppl …even in our corner…saying things like “it will never pass through congress”…come on look how far we have already come over the past 2 decades!!! where have you been!?! we have a Black President and he is stepping up and supporting the LGBT community!!! Get REAL!!!!! be more optimistic!! that is what we need!! times have changed! even if the ignorant ppl like NC cannot follow our Lead..we cant stop leading…we have a president Leading the way!!! Even if some may think it is for his own benefit…maybe its something we should take advantage of for our community!!!! We know all that we want is Human Equality for all….

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:56pm
  35. In January 1948 President Truman decided to end segregation in the armed forces through administrative action (executive order) rather than wait for a legislative solution. Since he was commander in chief of the armed services, this was an absolutely legitimate use of his authority to right an egregious wrong.
    On September 20th, 2011, “Don’t ask don’t tell” stopped being official policy in the armed services. This was achieved by a tedious legislative process that culminated in the passage of the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act of 2010 that went into effect after considerable hand-ringing by congress and the executive branch.
    This was 974 days into Obama’s presidency. Why did it take so long when the same thing could have been done with the stroke of a pen on his first day in office? It was certainly not due to Obama’s reticence to take “administrative action”. During those 2 years, eight months and one days, Obama had issued 108 executive orders. Many of which curtailed civil rights through asserting federal authority over property and trade or dealt with weighty issues such as Executive Order 13513: “Federal Leadership on Reducing Text Messaging While Driving”.
    The answer is that Obama is a political coward. Once the heat subsided he was out appealing to social liberals with his “I stood up for you when others wouldn’t” bullshit. The political tide has turned. The GLBT community is finally being acknowledged. Their political clout is being courted. And Obama is not afraid to pander for a vote.
    Earlier this week he had his vice president Joe Biden speak out in favor of gay marriage. When he saw that this was embraced by the public and earned Biden some political credibility that is otherwise wanting in Obama’s administration, Obama himself came out for gay marriage. “Go on Joe, storm that castle! I’ll be right behind you”.
    Let’s hope that Obama doesn’t succeed in convincing anyone in the GLBT community that he has been with them all along. He loves their votes. He loves their money. But he doesn’t believe in them beyond that.
    The only political party that has been consistently pro liberty for all people, gay, straight, whoever… is the Libertarian Party. Let’s hope that social liberals wake up and embrace the philosophy of Liberty.
    The battle is joined! For Liberty!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 9:57pm
  36. mickey v…. u have no clue!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:01pm
  37. one problem brian ryman. the president can issue executive orders, but congress can override them. DADT, was a congressional law, and I do not think the President can single handily override a Congressional law…

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:07pm
  38. “DADT was a congressional law, and I do not think the President can single handily override a Congressional law…” — Which is EXACTLY how we know Obama shouldn’t be getting *quite* so much credit for DADT’s repeal….

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:14pm
  39. he was behind the repeal of it crystal.. who would you give credit to the repeal?

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:18pm
  40. Congress, as you pointed out. Unless he held guns to heads and forced them to repeal it, I’d say he had little to do with it. And if by, “behind the repeal,” you mean, “theoretically supported it but couldn’t do anything to actually repeal it so he really had nothing to lose,” then you’re correct. He was, indeed, “behind” the repeal.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:23pm
  41. Makes me wonder about dis information and Pessimism? All these leads of risk, pitfalls? polls show the majority in favor, yet we focus on a polls like over 45 or some other part, which makes up the over all poll of still well over 50% for marriage equality?

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:25pm
  42. congress did not have enough votes to approve it without presidential signature.. he had the democrats bring the issue before congress, and he signed the repeal. or would you say your prescious gary did it?

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:25pm
  43. Ha! He didn’t vote on it. Saying, “I support this,” and then being willing to sign it once all the other guys have gone ahead and done the heavy lifting is just being a decent human being. Again, he doesn’t deserve *quite* so much credit. Whether Congress repealed it or not didn’t matter when he originally agreed. Let’s not assume that politicians are being 100% honest when they ease into issues as he has gay rights. That is a CIVIL LIBERTIES issue and there is NO compromising on that. Also, I’m not sure you can judge Gary Johnson’s ability to sign a repeal as the President of the United States before he’d ever even run for the office. Just sayin’.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:32pm
  44. and in 2010 gary finally changed his tune and supported gay marriage.. while before he only believed in civil unions…

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:34pm
  45. Crystal I think even you would have to admit more changes towards equality for the LGBTQ community have been enacted under Obama then all other Presidents combined…

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:35pm
  46. I don’t believe in marriage at all. I CERTAINLY don’t believe the government should be involved. If they are, it should be legal for everyone to get one. If they MUST gripe over definitions, they can give everyone a civil union. And in 2004, Obama said marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Johnson NEVER said that.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:38pm
  47. Ah, yes, I can absolutely admit that, John. Any progress is progress. But tip-toeing just isn’t enough for me.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:40pm
  48. I also must add that meeting that particular goal wasn’t tough. The bar was incredibly low.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:41pm
  49. as I am saying. Gary evolved on his stance on marriage, and now Obama has officially made his statement. It will happen within the next 4 year ( provided the correct person is President), or it will be thrown back until the Supreme Court is able to make a statement. ( Why they have not yet, is a real question I have – but a whole different topic).

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:42pm
  50. lol. I will conced the bar was incredibly low – but, as my Nan used to say, Baby Steps before Running.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:44pm
  51. I want to make sure I completely understand what you just said: gay marriage will be leage for all Americans as mandated by the federal government in Obama’s next term? Because if Johnson doesn’t pick up any traction, I may vote for Obama just to see if you’re right.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:45pm
  52. (legal)

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:45pm
  53. We are on the threshold of major civil changes int he US, and the world. Most of us in this discussion were not old enough to remember the civil rights marches ( or at lest extremely young), Honestly it surprises me we have to go through this again. But make no mistake, our world as we know it is changing…. Soon we will not be the fringe group always ont he outside looking in… And one day, in the not too distant future, the next generation of children will look upon homphobia with as much distase as we do with racism…

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:47pm
  54. Okay, so to the people saying obama was a bad president…how would u feel uf u had the nations pro lembs dumped on ur lay in one day. I’m stoked he’s supporti.g us. Either we have another bush(or worse)or…we let obama back in and keep progressing.
    I vote obama.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:48pm
  55. I honestly feel that under Obama’s leadership it will become legal. He will be a sitting duck president – wont have to pander to swing republicans for future votes… May even be able to put a person or two in the US Supreme Court. ANd will push to make same sex issues equal for all.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:49pm
  56. As Gary Johnson said when asked if he believed Obama would ever stand up for marriage equality, “I hope he does.”

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:57pm
  57. He’ll work through all of them.

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 11:16pm
  58. To Calloway, Barber, Whitehorn, Gross, Ryman, and Rhoades: Okay. Vote 3rd party then. I question how you stand by your words if Romney were to win the election and perhaps even make this Second Great Depression take the low road to flat-out cataclysm!

Posted on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 11:41pm
  59. Did Canada play any influence in Obama’s decision? Did he look north and see a Conservative party that now supports same-sex marriage and abortion rights? Did he see what happened in Alberta? History, at least in the Western world, is moving resolutely away from social conservatism and towards respect for the dignity of each individual.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 3:22am
  60. Marriage equality is guaranteed under the 1st amendment. ie nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof. marriage is holy therefore the free exercise thereof.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 4:14am
  61. Antigay marriage laws are judeo christian sherea laws. if one religions sherea law is allowed then shouldnt islamic sherea laws also be ok

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 4:16am
  62. more reason to vote in Nov.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 4:23am
  63. Personally the president wants same sex marriage because married couples pay more taxes. Politically he will do nothing and will leave it up to the states. Which side of his mouth will he speak out of today?

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 4:43am
  64. Sorry, but this is what Obamney REALLY said:

“Obama has endorsed marriage equality federalism (which leaves gay marriage as a state’s right’s decision). Imagine him taking such a right wing stand on interracial marriage or slavery. He did NOT endorse marriage for gays and lesbians as a fundamental right guaranteed by the Constitution.

What Obama said today was he wanted money from rich gays for his campaign and any self respecting gay person should be insulted by his ‘evolving’ comments of the last 4 years…”

So one could argue he is now just treating gays like he treat women – as dandruff on his shoulder.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:58am
  65. Seriously, this is a bold move? More like a mouse biting the cat because its trapped in a corner. He’s pussy-footed around the issue for 3 years. Now he see’s a chance to rally his base and distract from economics for good or ill. How pathetic is it that we still have partisans rally around THIS of all issues. I can’t believe something that seems so common sense, so basic a right is still being debated as if the argument had any merit whatsoever. Proponents of the anti-equality for LGBT and those who want nontraditional marriages point to the bible as their justification. We were founded on the concept of NOT imposing religious tyranny over those who were of a minority and dissident view.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 5:59am
  66. Charles, we were also founded on one person one vote. This country has spoken yet again that it doesn’t want gay marriage. Nothing will change unless the people’s attitudes and fears change. The anti gay marriage folks are louder, stronger and have more money. I applaud president Obama for taking this risk to say out loud what he thinks but if this is to change, congress needs to back gay marriage on the federal level and that won’t happen unless we all do more than bitch on face book and on blogs. We need to put our money where are mouths are and get involved, sway the moderates so they don’t sit home like they did in north carolina. Make them CARE.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 6:08am
  67. Yeah, okay: now you get that abolishing slavery, allowing women to…breathe…; abolishing Jim Crow; desegregation; and setting up systems that don’t allow the privileged to ignore the rights of people of color (and also of poor people) HAS SOMETHING TO DO with EVERYBODY. It’s “not my problem” until you have to deal with how long it takes for things to change. Frankly, as it is discussed in the black community, NOTHING in the USA is a “real problem” until white folks are inconvenienced. #Obama2012

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 6:09am
  68. Comment was @Charles and others of his mindset… BTW

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 6:12am
  69. What’s the big deal? He is looking for anything now to distract us from the real issues facing our nation. He is NOW doing something for gays? So he waits till he knows he’s doomed for re-election!?! I am hated amongst my peers. I am one of the fewest openly gay, republican, conservative Christian women out there and I am not a supporter at all of Obama! I am a gay female married to my partner for almost 4 years now. We are a professional couple. We need to ge this socialist/communist out of there! I have faught for the rights of illegal immigrants as well and have expressed why the right president needs to be in office to fix the bigger issues! Gay Marriage? Those are small potatoes! I say this first hand…

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 7:12am
  70. Do you think obama did it for the vote? like our page and let us know!
    Do you think obama did it for the vote? like our page and let us know!

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 8:27am
  71. Oh that’s amazing ! Hope it will happens..Really hope it ..
    and say that in some arabic,muslim,africain,and extremist country lesbiennes suffers from COLLECTIVE RAPE ! GAY GUYS are marginalized and beating to DEAD must of the time by their OWN familly .. the governement encourages this kind of acts,there’s no protection of Gay rights, the governement imprison them and somtimes Kill them, or let them Be killed.

When some people fight for Gay marriage and children’s adoption some other people ( who had the bad luck to be born in a Intolérant country ) live in fear and fight to survive :)

We need changes in the world :)

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:15am
  72. Don’t be fooled by his comments! Other motives in his comments, Please LGBT community use caution every time a politician announces their support of our community.

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 at 11:28am