Baltimore police investigate brutal attack on trans woman at local McDonald’s

Friday, April 22, 2011

Police in Baltimore are investigating a brutal attack at a McDonald’s restaurant on a person reported to be a transgender woman.

The beating on Monday, April 18, resulted when the woman got into a confrontation with female patrons and refused to leave the women’s restroom.

At least one McDonald’s employee yelled at the two women to stop attacking the customer, however none of the workers attempted to intervene in the attack or prevent the women from dragging the victim across the restaurant floor.

Warning: The video here is extreme violent:

According to the Smoking Gun, the video was captured by Vernon Hackett, a McDonald’s employee, and uploaded to various social media accounts.

In a Facebook posting, Hackett, claimed, “that was not a female that was getting beat up… that was a man… He was dressed lik a woman.”

McDonald’s on Friday released a statement regarding the beating, saying, “We are shocked by the video from a Baltimore franchised restaurant showing an assault. This incident is unacceptable, disturbing and troubling.”

Baltimore County police said officers were called to the restaurant at 6315 Kenwood Avenue, in Rosedale Md, around 8 p.m. Monday after getting reports of a fight, and said they found a 22-year-old woman who appeared to be having a seizure, WBAL-TV reported.

The police report identified the victim as Chrissy Lee Polis, 22, who appears identical to Christopher Lee Polis, according to Smoking Gun.

The civil rights group Equality Maryland has identified the McDonald’s victim as a transgender woman. Board President, Chuck Butler, issued this statement on Friday:

“A member of our community was recently the victim of senseless violence. Equality Maryland is saddened that in this day and age, bigotry and discrimination against transgender individuals continue, especially in our own backyard.

“No person ever deserves to be a victim of violence regardless of their gender identity or presentation. We encourage the State’s Attorney General to investigate this as a hate crime based on gender identity. We are encouraged that McDonald’s is working with local police to investigate this incident, and hope that the company will follow-up with appropriate disciplinary action against any employees involved.”

A 14-year-old girl has been charged as a juvenile in the attack and charges are pending against an 18-year-old woman.

Update: Police have also charged Teonna Monae Brown, 18, with one count of first-degree assault and two counts of second-degree assault in the attack on Polis.

Archives: , , , , , , ,

Filed under: Maryland

1. hate micdongals

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:31pm
  2. How sad

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:32pm
  3. That’s very disturbing. Think how much most of us take for granted being able to use a public bathroom without being attacked.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:34pm
  4. That’s very disturbing. Think how much most of us take for granted being able to use a public bathroom without being attacked.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:34pm
  5. Smh

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:38pm
  6. Smh

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:38pm
  7. How can anyone like this?

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:38pm
  8. Here’s the address and phone number to that friggin store
    6315 Kenwood Ave Rosedale MD – (410) 866-3250

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:38pm
  9. Here’s the address and phone number to that friggin store
    6315 Kenwood Ave Rosedale MD – (410) 866-3250

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:38pm
  10. that video disgusts me! no one should ever be given a beating like that… for any reason.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:39pm
  11. I just can’t stand to see this…Do these people have any sense of right and wrong?

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:39pm
  12. I am appalled at not only what those girls did to her but how mcdonalds employees just stood back and watched and let it happen…That manager should be procecuted also for allowing such an attack to happen in his store and not doing anything about it…He should have been on the phone to the police immediately instead of running around saying stop stop stop…I am so disappointed and will probably never step foot in a mcdonalds ever again…and they should be sued for letting that kind of attack continue!!!!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:43pm
  13. Sick fucks…how dare they hurt that lady.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:44pm
  14. fucking animals

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:47pm
  15. this video pissed me off so bad. i honestly wish i had been there to help her and stop them from attacking her. sad thing is only one worker stepped up and told them to leave. the fact someone was laughing in the background is just pathetic! videos like this remind me of why i’m an activist… to stop nonsense like this!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:47pm
  16. this video pissed me off so bad. i honestly wish i had been there to help her and stop them from attacking her. sad thing is only one worker stepped up and told them to leave. the fact someone was laughing in the background is just pathetic! videos like this remind me of why i’m an activist… to stop nonsense like this!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:47pm
  17. Who the fuck would like something like this. This is extremely disgusting. I hope McDonalds gets sued for this and the 2 classless women too. This is hate crime and i hope they get punished for it like everyone else who commits one. Also why didn’t the employees stop the beating. Typical people rather watch then do something to stop the violence.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:48pm
  18. Who the fuck would like something like this. This is extremely disgusting. I hope McDonalds gets sued for this and the 2 classless women too. This is hate crime and i hope they get punished for it like everyone else who commits one. Also why didn’t the employees stop the beating. Typical people rather watch then do something to stop the violence.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:48pm
  19. what the hell is wrong with these people! how could the employees let that from happening to ANYONE let alone their appearance or self identification! how did they not call the police or the ambulance about this sooner. I am so appalled at the fact that people would even consider doing something like that and had the nerve to record it. they had the time to pull out a fucking camera but not a phone to call for help? what is wrong with humanity?

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:49pm
  20. instead of pussy footin around waiting for laws to change people need to learn how to fight back! roll up your fists or grab some of that hair and kick their azz back then see how quick they mess with LGBT again! and ya ya i know violence and all, but i’m not going down without a fight. i’d had one of them fat ignant cows hurtin! thats how they fight, gotta gang up on someone smaller than them…sad shit.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:49pm
  21. instead of pussy footin around waiting for laws to change people need to learn how to fight back! roll up your fists or grab some of that hair and kick their azz back then see how quick they mess with LGBT again! and ya ya i know violence and all, but i’m not going down without a fight. i’d had one of them fat ignant cows hurtin! thats how they fight, gotta gang up on someone smaller than them…sad shit.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:49pm
  22. Absolutely disgusting no one did a damn thing!!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:50pm
  23. I am sick to my stomach! I cannot believe the employees did absolutely nothing. This older woman was the brave one…and the employees are there telling the attackers to leave!? Are you kidding me!! Ughhhh, this is sickening on so many levels. I hope the victim is ok. My heart goes out to her.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:50pm
  24. This is probably the most DISTURBING thing I’ve ever seen. The MEANNESS of it all was just APPALLING…..even as the victim lays on the floor convulsing. Just upsetting……so much so that I don’t want 2 give this type of negativity 2 much run & re-post it on my own page.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:52pm
  25. This is probably the most DISTURBING thing I’ve ever seen. The MEANNESS of it all was just APPALLING…..even as the victim lays on the floor convulsing. Just upsetting……so much so that I don’t want 2 give this type of negativity 2 much run & re-post it on my own page.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:52pm
  26. i wish i was there, i would have protected her. those girls will get their karma

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:53pm
  27. i would sue McDonalds for not stopping the fight & protecting the victim

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:54pm
  28. I regret watching this…. it made my stomach hurt. I can’t believe they even let those ghetto girls get that far. This can’t stay like this!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:57pm
  29. I regret watching this…. it made my stomach hurt. I can’t believe they even let those ghetto girls get that far. This can’t stay like this!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:57pm
  30. I think i will write an email to McDonalds and tell them how i am disgusted with the way the management allowed this to happen and that i think their company should be held liable also for what happened and how long it continued….If the truth be known one of those workers is either involved with one of those girls or someone knows them and that is why no one but 1 person stepped in…hell even the manager was holding the door open while one of the girls was beating the shit out of her! I will make my opinion well known the way i feel, NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED THAT WAY!!!!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:57pm
  31. This is unbelievably disgusting and repulsive. And what I’m about to say is as well. People hate to be stereotyped but between these two ignorant, inhumane, trash bags that have nothing better to do than to show their ghetto ignorance through taking it out on the world should be shot but I’d settle for someone beating the living shit out of them leaving them to seizures while NO ONE does anything with the exception of an elderly woman who was THE ONLY ONE that tried to come between the ghetto like brawl. And all of the employees at Mc BeatYourAss should be fired and quite frankly, the crap beaten out of all of them as well and left to be dragged on the floor and have everyone on the internet watch it. An eye for an eye…

Hate to stereotype but, video says it all. Dumb, ignorant trash. Beat ‘em up and lock ‘em up, every single one of them.

My heart goes out to the victim and my hatred for all the others. Kick it up Baltimore authorities and Mc Fatass, and do the right thing.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:58pm
  32. So will we see the outrage of people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. How about the news in general? I am afraid that political correctness among the left has gotten so bad that liberals are afraid to criticize because the perpetrators are black. Sure some left groups will speak out but the vast majority will be uncomfortably silent. Like how NOW was during the OJ killing in 94.
    If this were two white people doing this to a black person of whatever gender or sex it would get front page coverage and lead on every news program.
    It’s time to stop with the political correctness and time to start treating all violence with equal disdain… no matter what the skin color.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:58pm
  33. As a former Marylander, the crime up there is not going to get any better unless Gov. O’Malley (Future USA president) installs the NG in neighborhoods up there…It’s sad that thing’s like this happen, but yet again, it’s very preventable. Government just doesn’t want to take steps in preventing this kinda things from happening…I know crime is everywhere, but it’s nothing like Baltimore crime!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:59pm
  34. I would have beat the shit out of those two girls for ever laying a hand on her

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 4:59pm
  35. If I was that person I would sue the manger and the company. And I hope that the company take more actions. It is bullsirt.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:02pm
  36. This video made me so mad, disgusted and tear up all at the same time. Those people are fucked for a lack of a better term. I am not a person to be involved in violence but if i saw that I would be fighting for her and I hope she recovers well! <3 And the fact that it was TWO girls not just one and they came back so many times!! Wth is wrong with people! :(

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:03pm
  37. This video made me so mad, disgusted and tear up all at the same time. Those people are fucked for a lack of a better term. I am not a person to be involved in violence but if i saw that I would be fighting for her and I hope she recovers well! <3 And the fact that it was TWO girls not just one and they came back so many times!! Wth is wrong with people! :(

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:03pm
  38. This is absolutely appalling..wtf is wrong with those people,both the women attacking this person and the people fucking watching and doing nothing. Dammit, I would have beat the shit out of them, this kind of thing is wrong, plain and simple. I apologize for my language but this absolutely infuriates me.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:04pm
  39. This video made me cry with rage! This is completely unacceptable. If i was there…omg u do not know what i would do to them…

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:05pm
  40. This video made me so fu**ing sick!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:35pm
  41. I have made my profile public for 24 hrs so that if anyone is interested they can go sign the petition to make McDonalds accountable for the attack! Please everyone go sign it…Thank u!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:43pm
  42. messed up!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:47pm
  43. get them ass holes who did it. give em the chair!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:56pm
  44. Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:57pm
  45. Oh, those young ladies, their parents must be VERY proud of them. What a bunch of hags.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:57pm
  46. And people just stood around watching? Only the elderly lady stepped in to help pull the attackers off the poor soul? WTF?

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:59pm
  47. My mom needs to come read this. She JUST made a bitchy comment about some possible transgender people on the TV…

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:59pm
  48. This is absolutely horrid :(

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:02pm
  49. Here I was debating whether I should get my pistol permit back for protection…definately sways me to a YES.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:03pm
  50. @Taylor: Well before you show that vid to your mom make sure you show her this one as well:http://youtu.be/XT2UmZxzmjs

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:06pm
  51. Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:06pm
  52. If I was there I would’ve beat the crap out of those two girls. I hope they get what they deserve. The poor girl. ):

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:07pm
  53. This was simply something that should have never happened, it makes me sick to think that someone would allow a person to be beat like that, the convulsing is something that anyone person would try and help this women, i know where this happened and it should have been prevented by the employees they are more responsible for what happened because they did not inter-vein, it just makes me sick that we cannot be “ourselves” without persecution for being who and what we are this is just sick

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:10pm
  54. At my college we had something called Drag Ball, where transgender people can come and feel at ease and feel normal and more importantly – feel safe. To be treated like that in public is inexcusable. They should be charged – not with every nickel and dime but with time! No one deserves to be abused for who they are as a person, not even my own worst enemies.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:11pm
  55. Omg this really pisses me the hell off what the fuck is with people now days? I mean really. This is a horrific nightmare and I just can’t even try to imagine how she feels after this. I want those girls to be charged I hope karma turns around and fucking kicks those girls asses.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:15pm
  56. this just makes me sick that women needed help and not for the manager to tell the people to leave keep then there so they can go to jail fucking people i swear

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:16pm
  57. Well the employee that took the time to shoot the video and did not take the time
    To help a lady should be hands down terminated! An iconic American symbol cannot afford to become an enemy of this org! As for childrens charges… Hell no she knew so did her ‘adult’ friend… Seriously are we in America?! God bless you all.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:27pm
  58. I work at a mcdonald’s this is horrible to have happened

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:32pm
  59. I hope every one of the employees that watched and taped this poor girls beating lost there jobs. What the hell are people thinking its not ok to just stand by and watch something like that happen to anyone no matter who they are. The girls that did this need to go to jail for a long long time and the woman in there take make them as happy as they have made the girl they hurt.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:35pm
  60. This is terrible DDD:

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:36pm
  61. I wish I was there to put those whores in their place. They keep screaming about inequality yet go against it when it is someone else. This makes ashamed of myself for working in a fast food place

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:38pm
  62. i would of beat those girls. kick them out and make sure they fall on their face. who the fuck acts like that. they are so ghetto anyone who acts like that is ghetto. and those employes are just fucking pathetic. they should get sued and those girls should go to jail. Karma is BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!. i am so enraged

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:45pm
  63. So sad. Hope the female is okay

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 6:56pm
  64. I know the immediate anger will revolve around the lack of action by the employees, but as a former minimum wage burger jockey, you got to understand… they can’t get involved. Not only is it personally dangerous (especially for a young black man in Baltimore), it’s strict corporate policy, and not necessarily a bad one. The more people involved, the more likely it will escalate, and the more likely a weapon will become involved. On top of that, you are dealing with minor assailants. I don’t care if the kid just went Columbine on the joint, the minute an adult touches a minor in even the least bit of an agressive manner, chances are pretty good you are going to jail.

Cut the kids in the kitchen a bit of slack. It may sound ugly, but by observing and reporting what went on, they just made the entire case against the teens. Trust me, Bmore county cops ain’t going to waste a second dealing with another chimp out at a fast food joint.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 7:03pm
  65. maybe i’m being harsh, i dont think so, but it think anyone who worked there and did not immediately simply stand around her so they couldnt get to her, should be fired and face criminal negligence charges. their doing nothing allow those evil rats to keep coming back and attack her. the fact that an elderly put herself between those demons before anybody else. shame on each and every one of those bystanders.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 7:34pm
  66. Fricking ghetto trash. And just one incident out of many that’s been in the news. And people seriously wonder why there is still racism? I’m surprised a race war hasn’t already been set off in this country. Note to the ghetto trash: you are fully outnumbered in this country. Go ahead, keep on poking the white folk…

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 7:46pm
  67. When are we going to start treating one another as human beings and not as gay, straight, black white, whatever? The “people” connected with this brutal attack are a disgrace to the human race.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 7:58pm
  68. Strict corporate policy or not, if you see a wrong doing…you do something! Who cares if you get fired or injured in the process…will you feel good with yourselfknowing that you stood by and watched someone seizure on the floor, and possibly die?! Shame on you.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 8:02pm
  69. Unfortunately, these two women will get away with perpetrating this hate crime because they are a protected species. McDonalds will somehow be to blame.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 8:51pm
  70. Oh, and this whole thing sucks… Those who attacked will get theirs, one way or another…

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:35pm
  71. The Hate needs to stop!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:54pm
  72. The poor girl was having a SEIZURE! And no one did anything about it but watch? She could’ve been severely hurt yet everyone just stood there watching. As a nation, we suck balls.

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 10:25pm
  73. Boycott Mcdonalds and get as many of your colleagues to do so. Ridiculous; and none of the patrons helped? We have laws to punish inaction – everybody should be punished

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 10:59pm
  74. And then people wonder why I say I’m not proud to be American…..

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:17pm
  75. Well you have to consider she woulda gone to jail to. She was 18 and the girl was under age. But shit I would of too. I would of gone to jail standing up for my rights. That`s just horrable. This disgust me. I hate mcdonalds now. will never step foot in there agian, let alone go to a drive-thru. I wish I was there. I am bisexual and I have a group here in Toledo, Ohio and we`re trying to stop this hateful crime. Those kind of GIRLS need to be in jail for life over that. Knowing those kind of girls, they`re going to be bragging about that in jail and prob. get their asses kicked and just wait until they get out of jail and still bragging about it to the wrong person and get their asses jumped the same way that they jump that woman. She didn`t do nothing to no one, just like she kept on repeating, “Ididnt do nothing to you” no she didnt. I am sick looking at this. It hurts me. My partner is bisexual and thinking about becoming a woman and I fear for her safty after looking at this. Wtf? Why would they just stand there and let it happen? They even had the fuckin door wide open. Ugh! I feel like grabbing some friends and going down there an jumping their asses for that but no, I`m a grown ass woman, they should of been as well. Enough said. I am so FUCKIN MAD!!!!

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 11:33pm
  76. I could just imagine how this went down. She was using the bathroom, the black women saw somehow that she was a transgender, said “oh hell no” and laughed at her or were mocking her and she probably said something to defend herself and then they viciously attacked her. This happens all the time. Black ghetto folk who always scream racist yet for some reason don’t feel jumping an old white security guard in Vegas and beating him nearly to death, or a couple of white Long Beach teens while trick o treating and permanently injuring one, or beating Koreans because they actually are productive members in their community with businesses instead of living on welfare, or in this case nearly killing a woman who is both white and transgender. Black people always pull the race card yet some of the most prejudiced, homophobic, ignorant, bitter people I have ever met were black. This is a hate crime in every way and they should all be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. So ironic that many black people do the very same thing to other groups that were done to their ancestors.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:32am
  77. Welcome to the true face of integration. Hope you’re happy, all you white females and gays who vote democrat.
    Blacks and Hispanics who voted for Obama in california in 08 were the main reason why gay marriage was voted down, yet you all blame white christian men, as you do for all of your problems because none of you want to break up the cozy little coalition of “oppression” headed by blacks and followed by gays, Jews, Muslims, Hispanics, females, (including white females) etc. You deserve each other.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 2:06am
  78. why are people so afraid to let others be who they are. They all want you to fallow the herd well guess where the herd leads you? The butcher

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 3:58am
  79. Boycott McDonalds

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 4:26am
  80. Fucking disgusting, workers too.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 4:44am
  81. Whoa, this is freaking horrible…the employees didnt even do anything o help the lady and just stood there filming and fucking laughing…

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:27am
  82. What is wrong with the world? I’m so incredibly disappointed in the lack of compassion a lot of people have these days. I’m in absolute tears. What a disgusting group of girls that they would target a transgender person. This honestly disgusts me.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 6:09am
  83. So instead of putting down the damn camera, they’re just gonna stand there yelling, “she’s having a seizure!” instead of holding her steady so she doesn’t injure herself further or bite off her own tongue? Are you kidding me? Not to mention the fact that instead of saying that she needs help, paramedics and the police should have been called when the incident started seeing as everyone else was too much of a coward to intervene.

Shameful.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 6:19am
  84. I just fired off an email to McDonald’s Corporate….I questioned their management training program. I also informed them that my family and soon my friends will no longer be consumers at any of their restaurants.

What was done to this young lady is completely unacceptable and I for one am getting tired of the hate that is inflected upon us in the name of fear.

I ask, who are the evil ones?……..The answer is in the video!!!

I weep for this young lady and for all my fellow family members who have been brutalized under the false fear of God and ignorance.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 8:00am
  85. Hm…Not only is their food good enough to put you in a coma of pain and suffering, their employees need better training. -sigh-. Our local McDonald’s places have been reported numerous times for rude customers, roaches in the food, and other various things, but they still stand…

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 8:04am
  86. Your stupid…. if you get two big macs and take off one of the buns and then mix the burgers together you get an awesome giant burger. So there for you can’t hate mcdonalda and you know your going to be munchin on their juicy meat soon. Don’t hate.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 8:20am
  87. That petition regarding punishing the McDonalds employees is bullshit. They were hired at $7.50 per hour to flip burgers, not provide security and put their own lives in danger!! Jesus people, think before you act; I know its a crazy situation that brings out anger in all of us. (Lord knows, if I were there, I wouldn’t have a problem with punching one of those women’s lights out.)

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 9:08am
  88. I think the media is disgusting for not reporting better on this story and addressing the racial issues at play here. The media and the leftist agenda are more at fault for this incident than McDonalds — we cover this stuff up and make excuses for it instead of addressing the real problem.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 9:34am
  89. Excuse me, but now that I’ve read the majority of the comments, I have a problem. First, race shouldn’t be an issue here. This is not about color. So everyone bashing everyone else’s color, remember, we’re all pretty capable of hate.

Second off, yes, I made a statement about McDonald’s food. It’s my opinion as a Dietary Science major, so please forgive me. I’d rather die than eat there, and I feel bad for anyone who personally touts their food as being delicious. Crunchy roaches thankfully aren’t in every store. That’s not important though.

Being a trans myself , I still kinda fail to see how anyone could tell she was trans. Unless she was still in the very beginning of the process (I can’t watch the video because I’m on campus, so I can’t say) but uhm…There are also stalls…So what’s the problem!?

Also, while I hate McDonald’s, it’s not their fault entirely. However, I DO agree that someone should have been on the phone the second something happened!

I suffer from seizures, and while you can’t do much, you can at least , when the violence clears, do what someone else suggested: Make sure they don’t wind up harming themselves while convulsing. You don’t need an EMT license to try and hold someone’s head in place!

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 10:25am
  90. Are you sick? What has this got to do with Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson? An appalling hate crime was committed here. I don’t care if the perpetrators were black, white or green. They should go to jail and stay there a long, long time. I can’t believe you would use this platform to vent your bigotry. Not everything is about YOU or the left/right. Grow up.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 12:33pm
  91. people can be so cruel.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 12:44pm
  92. For what it’s worth, like most retail employees, the rulebook actually says to *NEVER* get involved in a physical altercation.

Still, I would personally have to risk my job. This was beyond too much. And that manager! Really? He should be ashamed of himself!

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:11pm
  93. @Alex – Uhhh… HUH? What does that have to do with anything? Oh I get it, you’re one of those internet trolls we hear about all the time. Gotcha. Tell you what, keep your hate away from the compassionate people, it’s a whole lot easier.

*shaking head* I mean really!

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:15pm
  94. the 2 bitches who thought is was okay to do these need to have thier asses kicked as well, and should get some jail time, not a slap on the back of thier hand and only made to pick up garbage, they are garbage, you went back twice to beat on her some more and you should have left her alone after the first beating, i dont care how people choose to live thier life we are all human and should be treated that way no matter what, and to the people who stepped in thank you we need more people like you and for the ones who just stood back and watched you should get into some kind of trouble for laughing and intaginizing this senseless act, as for the 14yr old girl why did your parents not teach you any better, you are both trash and you should be treated as trash behind bars, and as for the transgender you stand your ground and live your life the way you want and the hell with the nay sayers and i hope you recover soon

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:15pm
  95. @Derrick Mattis. – That’s different. These are people who got into an argument because they could, or they were in a bad mood, or whatever.

As far as we know so far, the attack here in Baltimore is specifically because the attackers knew (or thought they knew) that their victim was transgender. Basically, they attacked on the basis of “it’s a guy dressed as a girl”. Now if it had been a fair fight, this would be different; but not only did the victim not retaliate or defend, the attackers left, came BACK, (not once but twice mind you!) to resume where they’d left off.

There’s a world of difference in that.
    Incidentally, you’ll notice in the Memphis incident, the manager did *not* stand by, or walk around the store complaining about blood on his floor or anything else so callous…

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:24pm
  96. This is disgusting. What kind of human being do you have to be to attack a person like that just for being transgendered. Hell, it’s horrifying that anyone would attack a person like that for any reason. Even more shocking is how the McDonald’s employees just stood there watching and video taping. It’s people like these that make me lose faith in the morals of humanity.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:39pm
  97. This is absolutely atrocious: How anybody could hurt someone else all for using the bathroom… And the Employees… They just laugh at her as she is going through all of this.. Well at least there is one bit of kindness in this whole situation.. That one lady who tries to defend her. I would personally thank her for what she has tried to do.Nobody, and I mean nobody should have to fear of simplistic human rights such as using the bathroom. The barbarity of the two women is just unforgivable.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:41pm
  98. Men in drag ,call it what you will have no business in the ladies room .This P.C nonsense has wrecked this Country .He had a 14yr old girl kick his confused ass.He can take all the hormones and cut his privates off ,he swill never be a woman.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 1:57pm
  99. The guy recording who thought this was funny is obviously not that bright. Everyone knows who he is (including 4chan). He has deleted all his social media accounts but, for some reason, he still has friends. His friends need to distance themselves from this POS…

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 2:12pm
  100. It sad that this still happens. I know there is a lot of haterd in the world, but these actions are just to much. i just cant understand why anyone would act like this towards someone they dont know and will probley never seen again

To the “girls” i hope they throw the book at you, if theres any justic in the world i hope you go to prison for this…

For the emplyees that just stood by and did nothing, i hope you get fired and arrested, by standing by doing nothing and filming is more offensive to me then the two girls that were hitting and kicking.

Thank good for the Lady who got up and tried to help, if only there was more people like you around the world, it would be a better place.

To the Lady being attacked, stay true to yourself, dont let two stupid girls take that from you, be proud and stay strong, If i could i would give you a big hug

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 2:18pm
  101. I am ashamed to be a part of a society that thinks my your or their sexuality is Anyones business but the one I love and that loves me! Why do you care who I am what i am or who I lay with! My momma don’t even care!

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 3:11pm
  102. Losers! I have two grown kids raised right! You are who you are you are what you present to me I am the same! That’s what two straight kids know! Education is key!

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 3:25pm
  103. This is disgusting. I don’t wish anyone’s rights to be taken from them, however, I bet both of the attackers have never considered the fact that their ancestors were treated disrespectfully as well before the civil rights movement. NO ONE should have to go through any violence or limitations on their rights. I don’t understand how anyone in the world wishes harm on others.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 4:44pm
  104. Words cannot express the amount of shame I feel at being even in the same country as those horrible people.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 4:51pm
  105. Predictably, the girls are black.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:39pm
  106. Shut your fucking mouth you uneducated piece of shit.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:43pm
  107. Color is not important, but the victim mentality and race card are. I’ve seen a young black man chant, “Youse just arrestin me cuz I’z black,” to a BLACK OFFICER.

Some people really do feel they’re entitled to riot, and play the race card if called to account.

I guarantee they’ll plead race and gay panic in court.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 7:21pm
  108. Wow, that is so sad. Even the older woman tried to help. How could people gang up on one another like that?!?! It’s hard to judge in a situation as this one, and we can all agree and say that the McDonald’s employees could have stepped in more, but they were shocked at what was happening. I hope that Chris recovers well and that the girls do get punished for what they did.

Justice must be served. No matter who you are, no one deserves to be treated like this.

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 9:37pm
  109. i wish those two fucking black pigs die! now, talk about discrimination… they don’t want being discriminate because of their color that even speaking the word ‘black’ becomes like a crime when spoken by a non-black…. but here are two black pigs acting like monsters.

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:29am
  110. This is Baltimore, and this is why birth control should be mandatory.

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 at 10:11am
  111. disgusting. i hope they find those animals and give them a piece of what they deserve. i hope they get whats coming to them except twice as hard and I hope that woman is doing okay <3

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 at 3:15pm
  112. why arent there any transgender women in my town? i love them

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 at 5:45pm
  113. I know! I am black but you are right, the majority of african americans are so quick to pull the race card.

This whole McDonalds situation took places 10 mins from my home and I could not believe that this happened to her! I cannot believe the hatred and intolerance presented by Teonna Monae Brown and the 14 y.o charged with this hate crime, as well as the many others who have gone unherd of for several hate crimes that remain unsolved. I only hope that some day the tolerance level of our people may change, and that all people will be able to let others live the life they so choose.

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 4:54pm
  114. I wouldn’t have just stood there, I can tell you that. One of those two weasels would have gone home with a limp. I can’t just stand there while someone else is being attacked.

Horrible. The GLBTQ movement has always had my support, for what it’s worth, but NOW MORE THAN EVER.

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 10:11am
  115. I fail to understand why some people are turning this into a race issue when it’s a anti-lgbt issue. Yes, the perpetrators are black but then what would you guys be saying if they were white? What about Asian or Hispanic? Would it make any difference? Wouldn’t the beating still be just as terrible? I’m a black lesbian and I look at this and it pisses me off just like all of you. I think these dumb, stupid ass girls should serve years and years for what they did. Part of me even feels like they should even be given cruel and unusual punishment. It disgusts me, and I was just telling my fiancee if I had been there I probably would have jumped in and helped beat their azz. Now, I don’t know, maybe the fact that this person was white fueled their hatred even more, but just the same, all blacks are not like this. So some of you guys need to stop focusing on the fact that they’re black and acting like all black people are like this cause then this makes you just as bad as them.

Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2011 at 10:00pm