News (USA)

Medical Examiner: Prince died of accidental drug overdose

A medical examiner in Minnesota has confirmed Prince died of an accidental drug overdose, according to the Associated Press.

Today’s report from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office comes more than a month after the rock icon was found dead at age 57 at his Paisley Park mansion.

The single-page report said Prince “self-administered fentanyl,” referring to a synthetic opioid many times more potent than heroin.

The report was signed by Quinn Strobl, the office’s chief medical examiner.

Earlier Thursday, the Associated Press reported a law enforcement official who is close to the investigation said that tests show Prince died of an opioid overdose. The official said the autopsy results would be released tomorrow.

Investigators have been reviewing whether an overdose was to blame and whether Prince was prescribed drugs in the weeks before his death.

Gay salmon and bisexual bison: sexual diversity in the wild

Previous article

Army’s gay civilian leader calls his promotion ‘remarkable’

Next article