The group’s homepage now links to a new press release posted on April 1: “1MM Continues to Contact Sponsors for ‘The Real O’Neals.”
Their problem with the show? According to the release:
The Real O’Neals” mocks Christianity and insults Catholicism. 1MM recognizes this show ridicules people of faith, and Christians across America are offended by it.
Almost every scene is filled with s-xual innuendos, implications, or mockery of faith. (A dash ‘-‘ is used to bypass internet filters.)
Though they say “it is impossible to list them all,” the hate group nevertheless assembled a seeming endless list of the show’s perceived offenses in easy-to-skim-over-or-roundly-ignore bullet points:
- Brothers view p-rn on laptop. Gay p-rn made to appear normal and acceptable. Comments between brothers and between father and sons show no form of guilt in watching p-rn. Jokes and other references such as p-rnado and p-rnward are made.
- Gay character and his brother observe that “10 percent of the population is gay,” and suggest that most of those who object to gay p-rn are h-mophobic. In reality, The Centers for Disease Control reports that 1.6 percent of the population is h-mos-xual. That is a far cry from 10 percent, but since a big part of the show’s agenda is to normalize h-mos-xuality along with other sins, it makes sense for the show to lie.
- Student at Catholic school holds up middle finger, which is pixelated.
- The daughter skips church, doubts God, disrespects priest as she verbally backs him into a corner, and he (the head of their church) fails at answering her questions.
- ABC network refers to this highly dysfunctional family as “the perfect Irish-Catholic family.”
- Foul language (purposely uses every word imaginable).
- One of the show’s producers is anti-Christian b-got Dan Savage, and the show is said to be loosely based on his life.
The press release then requests that you drop everything and “take action.”
“Please use the information we have provided to contact FAGE and ask that they pull their financial support from “The Real O’Neals.”
It’s interesting that they should be preoccupied with Greek yogurt company FAGE, since last summer they accused Chobani of attempting to “normalize sin.”