West Hollywood CA
West Hollywood (colloquially referred to as WeHo) is a city in Los Angeles County, Calif. It is know as being one of the most prominent gay-friendly cities in the United States, approximately 41% of its population being gay men.
- Tuesday, January 13, 2015The city of West Hollywood plans to require gender-neutral restrooms to accommodate individuals' whose gender identity conflicts with their ascribed biological sex.
- Monday, June 9, 2014WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. -- Thousands of participants, spectators and marchers gathered along the famed Santa Monica Blvd., in West Hollywood on Sunday for the annual LA Pride parade. Organizers said prior to the event they expected…
- Saturday, April 5, 2014WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — In the heart of this close-knit gay community, Luke Martel reflects the feelings of many when it comes to a strain of meningitis that has killed three gay men this year in…
- Saturday, February 8, 2014WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif — The city of West Hollywood is adding the colors of gay pride to its city flag after drawing criticism for removing a rainbow flag from City Hall last month.
- Monday, April 15, 2013LOS ANGELES -- The brother of Brett Shaad, the 33-year-old West Hollywood man who died Saturday after contracting a deadly strain of bacterial meningitis, is lashing out over media coverage of his brother's death.
- Friday, April 12, 2013WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — Officials warned sexually active gay men on Friday to beware of a potentially deadly health threat after a case of bacterial meningitis was detected in Los Angeles County.
- Monday, September 10, 2012WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA -- The city of West Hollywood has announced that it make permanent the temporary rainbow crosswalks installed back in June in honor of gay pride month.
- Saturday, May 26, 2012The Abbey, the iconic West Hollywood gay bar twice-named the “Best Gay Bar in the World,” has banned bachelorette parties until same-sex marriage becomes legal.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Just hours after a gay correctional officer in Southern California announced he would take legal action for being prohibited from marching in uniform in a gay pride parade, the Department of Corrections reversed its decision, reported…
- Wednesday, May 25, 2011U.S. figure skating champion Johnny Weir has been named grand marshal of the 2011 Los Angeles Gay Pride Parade.