- Wednesday, November 25, 2015A new law will pave the way for gender reassignment surgery in the communist country and reduce discrimination.
- Saturday, January 10, 2015Although same-sex marriages can now take place under a revised law which went into effect New Year’s Day, the government still does not recognize them or provide legal protections in cases of disputes.
- Thursday, December 11, 2014As the U.S. Ambassador to Vietnam, Ted Osius is the seventh openly LGBT person named as an ambassador under the Obama administration.
- Sunday, August 3, 2014HANOI, Vietnam -- The streets of Hanoi were awash with rainbow flags on Sunday as an estimated 300 gay rights advocates celebrated the nation's largest gay pride event to date. AFP reports that members of Vietnam's…
- Saturday, May 17, 2014President Barack Obama has nominated Ted Osius as the next Ambassador to Vietnam, the White House has announced.
- Sunday, July 29, 2012Vietnam's Communist government is considering whether to legalize same-sex marriage, positioning the country to be the first in Asia to support marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples.