Tina Kotek (b. Sept. 30, 1966) is a U.S. politician (Democrat) from Oregon. On Jan. 14, 2013, Kotek was sworn in as her state’s Speaker of the House, becoming the first open lesbian to lead a legislative chamber in the United States.
Monday, May 19, 2014PORTLAND, Ore. -- Both supporters and opponents of marriage equality spoke out Monday about a federal judge's ruling striking down Oregon's ban on same-sex marriage. Both the Governor and the Attorney General supported the ruling, and…
Monday, January 14, 2013Oregon state Rep. Tina Kotek was sworn in on Monday as her state's Speaker of the House, becoming the first open lesbian to lead a legislative chamber in the United States. Kotek, a third term lawmaker…
Friday, November 9, 2012SALEM, Ore. -- After fiercely contested races around the state, Democrats are poised to take over Oregon’s House of Representatives with a 34-26 majority, clearing the path for the ascension of openly lesbian House Democratic Leader…
- Panel recommends removing judge who refused to perform same-sex marriages
- Antigay bakery owners finally pay $135,000 in state-ordered damages
- Why are gay members of Congress supporting GOP bill to restrict Syrian refugees?
- Hearing underway for judge who wouldn't perform gay weddings
- Antigay Oregon judge goes before disciplinary commission