- Thursday, May 1, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The Senate's budget-writing committee has rejected an effort to punish two South Carolina universities for assigning gay-themed books to freshmen.
- Sunday, April 27, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. — A state House budget proposal to cut $70,000 from two South Carolina universities for assigning gay-themed books to freshmen might not get much of a reception in the Senate.
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014By now, you likely have already heard about the controversy regarding the South Carolina lawmakers punishing colleges for assigning two gay-themed books to students. The new state budget deducts $70,000 collectively from the College of Charleston…
- Monday, March 10, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The South Carolina House refused Monday to back down from plans to punish two public colleges in the budget for assigning freshmen to read books dealing with homosexuality.
- Thursday, February 20, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina legislators want to punish two public colleges for assigning books on homosexuality to freshmen.
- Saturday, May 11, 2013SAN FRANCISCO -- California education officials took the first step this week toward complying with a law that requires public schools to include prominent gay people and gay rights' milestones in the curriculum, adopting a set…