Thursday, May 1, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The Senate's budget-writing committee has rejected an effort to punish two South Carolina universities for assigning gay-themed books to freshmen.
Sunday, April 27, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. — A state House budget proposal to cut $70,000 from two South Carolina universities for assigning gay-themed books to freshmen might not get much of a reception in the Senate.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014By now, you likely have already heard about the controversy regarding the South Carolina lawmakers punishing colleges for assigning two gay-themed books to students. The new state budget deducts $70,000 collectively from the College of Charleston…
Monday, March 10, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The South Carolina House refused Monday to back down from plans to punish two public colleges in the budget for assigning freshmen to read books dealing with homosexuality.
Thursday, February 20, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina legislators want to punish two public colleges for assigning books on homosexuality to freshmen.
Saturday, May 11, 2013SAN FRANCISCO -- California education officials took the first step this week toward complying with a law that requires public schools to include prominent gay people and gay rights' milestones in the curriculum, adopting a set…
- At brutal stabbing trial, mother testifies her son isn't antigay
- California bill would open all single-stall restrooms to anyone
- This gay couple's hockey match kiss was captured on KissCam. Rousing cheers ensued.
- San Diego police officer fatally shoots gay man; his third shooting since 2013
- Gay San Francisco Supervisor outsmarts assailants, leads them straight to police