- Saturday, February 7, 2015A nationwide referendum on restricting gay rights in Slovakia has failed to produce a legally binding result after the required number of eligible voters did not turn out.
- Saturday, February 7, 2015Slovaks are voting in a nationwide a referendum that would bar gay marriages and adoptions, and allow parents to decide whether their children attend sex education classes.
- Friday, February 6, 2015Slovakia's anti-gay marriage movement has received massive support from the Catholic Church, and Pope Francis this week even gave his blessing to the referendum in an address on St. Peter's Square.
- Thursday, November 27, 2014BRATISLAVA, Slovakia -- Slovakia will hold a referendum on same-sex marriage in the predominantly Roman Catholic country early next year. President Andrej Kiska announced the referendum Thursday, setting the date for Feb 7.
- Wednesday, October 1, 2014Alliance Defending Freedom, an Arizona-based Religious Right powerhouse, has urged Slovakia’s constitutional court to allow anti-gay activists to place a referendum on the country’s ballot that would reinforce the current bans on same-sex marriage, adoption, and…
- Thursday, June 5, 2014Slovakia’s parliament approved a constitutional ban on same-sex marriages, amending its definition of marriage to be the “unique bond between a man and a woman.” The bill, approved Wednesday by a vote of 102 to 18…