Thursday, March 12, 2015State Senator Ricardo Lara says the Orange County attorney's proposal isn’t just offensive, but a violation of the California bar’s code of conduct for attorneys.
Thursday, September 12, 2013SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A bill to strip the Boy Scouts of America of its tax-exempt status in California because of the organization's refusal to allow gay troop leaders stalled Thursday in the Legislature after failing to…
Wednesday, June 12, 2013SACRAMENTO -- A California Senate committee on Wednesday approved a bill that would require public schools to respect a transgender student’s gender identity in all school programs, activities, and facilities.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013A California state Senator on Tuesday introduced legislation that would remove the state's tax exempt status for any youth group -- including the Boy Scouts of America -- that bans members on the basis of sexual…
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- At brutal stabbing trial, mother testifies her son isn't antigay
- Hawaii lawmakers: Ban gay conversion therapy for minors
- California bill would open all single-stall restrooms to anyone
- Critics: Utah bill favoring heterosexual parents in adoptions is 'unconstitutional'