Friday, May 16, 2014PORTERVILLE, Calif. -- A central California mayor says bullying victims should toughen up, "grow a pair" and defend themselves, sparking anger among some city officials and gay rights advocates.
Thursday, September 19, 2013PORTERVILLE, Calif. -- An ongoing clash in Porterville, Calif., between the mayor and city council members over a proclamation designating June as LGBT Pride month, has cost the mayor and vice mayor their jobs.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013PORTERVILLE, Calif. -- Three gay rights activists are facing charges Wednesday morning after protesting a city council vote to reject a proclamation passed by the mayor last month that declared June as LGBT Pride month in…
- At brutal stabbing trial, mother testifies her son isn't antigay
- California bill would open all single-stall restrooms to anyone
- This gay couple's hockey match kiss was captured on KissCam. Rousing cheers ensued.
- San Diego police officer fatally shoots gay man; his third shooting since 2013
- Gay San Francisco Supervisor outsmarts assailants, leads them straight to police