Thursday, April 11, 2013The National Hockey League and its players association on Thursday announced a groundbreaking partnership with the "You Can Play" project in what is likely the most comprehensive effort by a major North American sports league to…
Monday, March 5, 2012The National Hockey League has joined the growing effort by professional sports and players campaigning to end homophobia with a series of new public service announcements to encourage gay athletes to participate in sports.
- You Can Play calls on NHL players, fans to fight homophobia
- This is why we still need gay sports teams
- Int'l Olympic Committee relaxes guidelines on transgender athletes
- This gay couple's hockey match kiss was captured on KissCam. Rousing cheers ensued.
- Turkish football federation fined for outing, firing gay referee