- Wednesday, March 16, 2016The Alabama Senate voted to do away with state-issued marriage licenses after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that effectively legalized same-sex marriage.
- Saturday, April 18, 2015Democratic state Rep. Patricia Todd of Birmingham was introduced Friday as the new state director of the Human Rights Campaign in Alabama.
- Thursday, March 12, 2015The bill does not mention same-sex marriage, but says judges, ministers and others don't have to conduct weddings contrary to their religious beliefs.
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015Alabama's only openly gay lawmaker is threatening to expose state politicians who have extramarital affairs, but claim that same-sex marriage is immoral or bad for children.
- Thursday, December 4, 2014BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Alabama's only openly gay lawmaker plans to name her bill to prohibit anti-LGBT workplace discrimination after Apple CEO Tim Cook. Rep. Patricia Todd (D-Birmingham) said she will introduce "The Tim Cook Economic Development…
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014MONTGOMERY, Ala. — An Alabama lawmaker has accused her colleagues of using deception to pass a resolution urging an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to ban same-sex marriage.
- Monday, February 24, 2014NEW YORK – Freedom to Marry, the advocacy campaign to win marriage equality nationwide, on Monday launched a $1 million multi-state campaign to build majority support for marriage in the South.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2013BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Alabama's first openly gay legislator has married her longtime partner at a ceremony in Massachusetts.
- Monday, October 24, 2011MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Alabama's first openly lesbian legislator, state Rep. Patricia Todd, (D-Birmingham), pre-filed legislation last week to expand anti-bullying policies to explicitly prohibit harassment in schools on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.