Wednesday, January 8, 2014OXFORD, Miss. -- A woman's federal lawsuit that accuses the leaders of a north Mississippi town of conspiring to prevent her from opening a gay bar by denying her a business license will go to trial…
Tuesday, October 1, 2013The Southern Poverty Law Center on Tuesday filed a federal lawsuit against the town of Shannon, Miss., its mayor and its aldermen for denying a business license to a bar catering to the LGBT community.
- Divorce granted to Mississippi same-sex couple after 2 years
- Couples press for end to Mississippi's last-in-the-nation gay adoption ban
- 'No constitutional basis': Mississippi Supreme Court narrowly grants same-sex divorce
- Q-Nation Quotes: As gay venues close, is history being lost?
- Miss Mississippi has no patience for Kim Davis’ antigay rhetoric