Thursday, August 14, 2014PLEASANT HILL, Iowa — Months before taking his own life last year, Alexander (AJ) Betts, a 16-year-old teen from Iowa, volunteered to become an organ donor. But a Food and Drug Administration policy which prohibits men…
Thursday, November 21, 2013WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama has lifted a ban on research into the possibility of transplanting organs from one HIV-positive person to another.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday approved legislation that lifts the federal ban on the donation of HIV-positive organs to HIV-positive recipients.
- Scientists debate boundaries, ethics of human gene editing
- Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to Turing drug
- Study confirms early treatment is best in combatting HIV
- U.S. congressman introduces first federal bill to ban conversion therapy
- U.S congresswoman demands FTC investigation of 'gay conversion therapy' practices