Thursday, January 16, 2014RICHMOND, Va. -- A Virginia prison inmate who has asked a federal judge to force the state to pay for a sex-change operation has been granted parole, the chairman of the Virginia Parole Board said Thursday.
Saturday, August 31, 2013ROANOKE, Va. — A transgender Virginia prison inmate will soon be evaluated by a gender specialist as part of her lifelong quest for sex-change surgery.
Monday, January 28, 2013RICHMOND, Va. -- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on Monday ruled in favor of a transgender inmate, saying the state of Virginia violated her constitutional rights by not evaluating her for gender…
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- Virginia lawmakers: 'Adults must check children's private parts before entering restroom'
- Virginia bill would fine trans students $50 for using 'incorrect' bathroom
- The top 5 things Obama should discuss at The State of the Union -- but probably won't
- New Virginia bill would let clerks deny marriage licenses to gay couples